Pick my new NDS game (I'm lazy)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by beautifulbeast, May 1, 2007.

1. beautifulbeast
    OP

beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Mar 10, 2007
    Madrid
    I just beat Final Fantasy III and I need something easy to recover myself from the efforts of going through such a crappy storyline. Could you guys recommend me something easy and classic? My new game has to meet these conditions:

1. A game you can actually complete as opposite to these games you just pick and play like Cooking Mama, Mario Kart DS, Chocobo Tales, etc...
    2. A game that doesn't suck hours of your life searching for every single coin/ring/banana/star so you can unlock the super-mega-happy-ending that you get when you complete 126% of the game (that's why Castlevania isn't an option).
    3. I would love a classic platformer like Gunstar Heroes for Megadrive/Genesis, Rocket Knight Adventures, all the Mega-Man series for SNES or Dynamite Headdy (like games like that still were being made).

Any ideas?

2. jimmy j

jimmy j Awesome for hire.

Apr 22, 2007
    the congo
    Try Mega Man ZX on DS or Gunstar Super Heroes on GBA

3. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    sonic rush

4. spokenrope

spokenrope c7

May 26, 2006
    United States
    New Super Mario Brothers?

5. squeaks

squeaks GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2007
    Sonic Rush, definitely. Watch out for Sonic Rush 2 as well.

6. Strifer

Strifer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    Yoshi's Island DS.

7. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    I agree. It's the best platformer you can get on DS.

8. beautifulbeast
    OP

beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Mar 10, 2007
    Madrid
    Thanks everyone for their suggestions, but I'm already playing New Super Mario Bros. and not enjoying it much and I tried Sonic Rush too but I didn't like it 'cause I kept falling into bottomless pits [​IMG]
    On a side note: yesterday at night I searched for some of the videogames that I consider classic and old-school and they were all developed by Konami and sister company Treasure Co. It appears from their websites that in the future we'll have a load of these wonderful games for the NDS.

9. sipoon

sipoon GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2006
    New Zealand
    yar, as mentioned yoshi island ds.... or rocket slime

10. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    Elf Bowling 1 & 2

11. cheesyPOOF5

cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2006
    United States
    MegaETK [​IMG]

12. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    yoshis island DS is the worst game I've ever played

13. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    When you first start playing Yoshi Island DS you might think its a great game, but it quickly becomes stale and you will soon realise that it's no Yoshi Island SNES.

14. jimmy j

jimmy j Awesome for hire.

Apr 22, 2007
    the congo
    It's unfortunate that a lot of nds owners tend to sneer at the gba-slot. If you're really serious about old-school platformers then you need to play Astro Boy: Omega Factor by treasure. It might look cutesy, but it's a hardcore beat-em-up/shoot-em-up/platformer that puts most nds games to shame.
    [​IMG]

Konami's Ninja Cop (aka.Ninja Five-0) is good too. Like a hybrid of shinobi and bionic commando.
    [​IMG]

Both excellent games

15. thomaspajamas

thomaspajamas GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2006
    United States

This is sadly true. I was so psyched when I started playing it, but before I even got to the first castle I was just like... what the hell.

16. joey4321

joey4321 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2007
    United States
    Yoshii's island...I agree. I was hyped since it got good reviews and everything. but i just lost interest in it. throwing eggs gets so repeatitive and it's not like the levels get harder or anything. basically, it's you trying to collect stuff.