Gaming Photofast ms pro duo dual slot adapter not working.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
My Photofast ms pro duo dual slot adapter just came in the mail and i put my empty micro sd cards in and i put the card in my psp and the psp says there is no card there. How do i fix this?
I also formatted my 2 gig micro sd cards to fat32

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
tagzard said:
My Photofast ms pro duo dual slot adapter just came in the mail and i put my empty micro sd cards in and i put the card in my psp and the psp says there is no card there. How do i fix this?

Here's what I did:

1. Format both micro sds in Windows.

2. Put them (the larger in the slot #1) inside the pro duo adapter.

3. Put the adapter inside the PSP, turn it on, and format the SD from the PSP's XMB (Format Memory Stick) and choose yes.

edit: both micro sds will become one
smileipb2.png
, so if you add data then do it through the adapter(card reader) or the PSP in this case, do NOT ever add data per micro sd individually, as the data will get corrupted.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
tagzard said:

Here's what I did:

3. Put the adapter inside the PSP, turn it on, and format the SD from the PSP's XMB (Format Memory Stick) and choose yes.

smileipb2.png
, so if you add data then do it through the adapter(card reader) or the PSP in this case, do NOT ever add data per micro sd individually, as the data will get corrupted.
Format it to what? And both are 2 gig micro sd cards.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
Coto said:
tagzard said:

Here's what I did:

smileipb2.png
Format it to what? And both are 2 gig micro sd cards.
I formatted both micro sd cards to fat. And when i put it in my psp the psp says there is no card there. WHAT?!?!?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well the PSP's XMB should not recognize the card right away, but should warn you the card isn't properly formatted.

I did the steps exactly like I said above, and got it working at the 1st try.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
Well the PSP's XMB should not recognize the card right away, but should warn you the card isn't properly formatted.

Yes but when I format it in windows what do i format it to?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
tagzard said:
Coto said:

I used panasonic SD formatter to format a 4GB & 2GB kingston micro sd. In fact I just set the format type to quick and format size adjustment to auto.

If all these things aren't working for you maybe it's a defective adapter or an incompatible micro sd brand.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
tagzard said:
Coto said:

I used panasonic SD formatter to format a 4GB & 2GB kingston micro sd. In fact I just set the format type to quick and format size adjustment to auto.

If all these things aren't working for you maybe it's a defective adapter or an incompatible micro sd brand.
Which one? Or can you give me a direct link?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
tagzard said:
Well i guess mine is defective. I contacted the seller for a new one. Thanks.
Put in both of the microsd in the photfast pro duo..
In system meny
System settings>Format Memory Stick>Agree and click yes>DONE!
It doesnt matter if you format it in the PC or not... It wont do anything. After that format, NEVER EVER OPEN THE MICRO SDHC AGAIN UNLESS ITS PLUGGED IN THE PHOTOFAST MS PRO DUO. In short dont plug the micro sdhc out of the photofast ms pro duo ever again. It will mess up your files and you will lose everything. There is also a hidden file in the root folder of your pro duo memory stick after format that MUST BE THERE AT ALL TIMES. If you by any chance delete it, it will become useless again and you have to format everything. If you want to change out the sdhc, backup your whole memory stick, and you can unplug it and format it in your computer for other uses. And then replace your the sdhc for a better one. I highly doubt your PSP is defect... its just you failing hard on formating it on the PSP.

EDIT:
After you have hacked it or something:
Drop your ISO/CSO files in a folder named ISO at your root folder.
eboot files need to be placed inside PSP>GAME>"Name of the game/homebew">Eboot.php

Reactions: Elliander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome