Photo Optical Illusion: Do You See A Shark in Here?

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supposedly, in the photo below of randomly coloured dots there is an image of a shark. Yes, a shark. I don't see it in here, and it's been a year since someone showed this to me. Do you see it? :unsure:

Edit: I forgot the name of this illusion, but thanks to @Joe88 finding the name of it, it's called an autostereogram.

upload_2016-8-9_15-23-45.png

Here's a video that can help some people, but I still can't see the shark:

Last edited by HaloEffect17,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have a partially lazy eye that I can activate at will. It's not very useful though and if I'm not focusing on keeping my eyes aligned, it will go off on it's own.

But this is one of those few uses. I can send my left eye off to the left until the above image "locks on" to the stereoscopic image embedded in it. So yep, saw that shark real easy. Saw the vertical line pattern and used that as a reference point for locking on with my lazy eye. :D

This I believe is one of those images you have to look "past". Like trying to focus on an imaginary object far behind the image. Crossing your eyes might work, but the results won't be as good as I believe these images were designed for parrelle view and not cross eye. Unless the source this image came from specifically said it was for cross eyed viewing? My lazy eye allows me to see it very clearly so I'm guessing it's not the cross eyed verity. Those are the only ones that would give me trouble. I can send my left lazy eye off to the left (or even make my right eye go of the right instead if I focus on my left eye being the primary instead). But having left go right or right go left is not really possible for me.

This makes viewing parallel view method stereoscopic images real easy as well. :D

I can't imagine what it's like for you normal folk who have to strain your eyes to almost see the shark. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have an entire book full of these, it was awesome and I got really good at seeing them.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You're not supposed to cross your eyes, just try to focus on a point far behind the image.

The bigger the image, the harder it will be to see. You'll have to focus on a point that's much further away compared to a smaller image. That's why people are having better success on smaller screens.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I remind later 2000' in a friend's house, his father bring us to look a book with a lot of thes eimages XD
well I don't rie to look it now because I'm on work but this is very interesting

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yep I see the shark. The image was a bit large (with my monitor at least) so it was a bit harder to see. That exact image is in the game "Gone Home" which I played just a few days ago though.
I sit by a window, and I focus on a tree off in the distance, and then I lower my eyes to the image and see it directly. I can do it on will too though, but that's what's happening.
Focusing on something far away, your eyes do the opposite of crossing, and it helps a lot with images like this. Some do it by crossing their eyes though, so that's all up to preference.

EDIT:
Do like in this picture, and then do the same with the shark one.
Young-Rival-Black-Is-Good-autostereogram-2.jpg

Last edited by Issac,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found it. You have to cross your eyes, don't just look at the picture.
It's better to "look behind" the screen than cross your eyes.
if you cross them, you see the form in reverse (going further away)
if you look behind the screen, the form pop'up and you see it above the background.

edit: I should read all the replies before explaining :ninja:

There are also videos you can see using this technique. youtube has few side by side 3D video.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte