Hacking Photo Channel vWii installer - can it be done?

bezem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look forward to this update! I've just been using the Dop-Mii installed regular photo channel with no SDHC support. and Joostin, thanks again for ConnectMii. I'm getting plenty of good use out of it while it lasts!

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I look forward to this update! I've just been using the Dop-Mii installed regular photo channel with no SDHC support. and Joostin, thanks again for ConnectMii. I'm getting plenty of good use out of it while it lasts!
I'm glad you are enjoying it.

Has anybody tried running the command I posted earlier? I'd like to know if it fixes the problem.

Edit: If it does end up working, I can write a small bat file (only 3 or 4 lines probably) to download and patch the channel all in one.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, that makes sense.
Download Sharpii, place it in the same directory as "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad", and save this to a file called "ChangeType.bat" (again in the same directory).
Code:
sharpii wad -e "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad" "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58 - System.wad" -type SystemChannels
Then run it. It will create a file called "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58 - System.wad" that will install as a proper System Channel.
Thanks! that might also fix my custom mii channel!
I'll give it a try along with your connectmii update ;)

Edit: The wii doesn't like the title id HAYA installed as a system channel so I changed it to HAAA (photo channel 1.0s id) and it appears to be working now, lemme do more test...

Edit 2: Thanks Joostin! that fixed it from crashing, should be 100% safe for vWii now!
i'll upload a link here in a while

Edit 3:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28742532/wii stuff/photo channel 1.1/photochannel1.1_vwii.zip

Reactions: nastys

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Joostin, I MADE YOU A PRESENT :D
connectmii1.PNG

It's a ConnentMii forwarder :D
Hope you like it as much as I like connectmii!!
connectmii2.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28742532/wii stuff/ConnectMii - CMII.wad

Reactions: JoostinOnline

bezem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! that might also fix my custom mii channel!
I'll give it a try along with your connectmii update ;)

Edit: The wii doesn't like the title id HAYA installed as a system channel so I changed it to HAAA (photo channel 1.0s id) and it appears to be working now, lemme do more test...

Edit 2: Thanks Joostin! that fixed it from crashing, should be 100% safe for vWii now!
i'll upload a link here in a while

Edit 3:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28742532/wii stuff/photo channel 1.1/photochannel1.1_vwii.zip

So the Photo Channel you have linked above supports SDHC? That'd be awesome. Also, did you try your Custom Mii Channel with this method yet?

Joostin, I MADE YOU A PRESENT :D
connectmii1.PNG

It's a ConnentMii forwarder :D
Hope you like it as much as I like connectmii!!
connectmii2.PNG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28742532/wii stuff/ConnectMii - CMII.wad

A forwarder for ConnectMii does exist, but what I'd like is a full channel; someone made one previously but it's no longer available and it uses the very first version (1.0) of ConnectMii. Can you make a full channel of 1.2?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad it's working. What happened when you tried to install it as HAYA?

PS: I always think of karate when I see the Photo Channel ID. :lol:

Reactions: Kippykip and bezem

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
So the Photo Channel you have linked above supports SDHC? That'd be awesome. Also, did you try your Custom Mii Channel with this method yet?

Yea it fixed the custom mii channel :D forgot to say that, I might upload it here or make a thread 'Classic wii channels for vWii!!' and YAY SDHC WORKS ON DA PHOTO CHANNEL :D:D

A forwarder for ConnectMii does exist, but what I'd like is a full channel; someone made one previously but it's no longer available and it uses the very first version (1.0) of ConnectMii. Can you make a full channel of 1.2?

I tried making a full channel before the forwarder, BUT IT JUST FADED BLACK AND STAYED BLACK! :c
So I made the forwarder instead ;)

Edit: CAME UP WITH A DUMB IDEA! INSTALL THE CHANNEL AND SET THE ARGUMENTS IN META.XML TO 'CMII' SO WHEN YOU EXIT IT, IT RESTARTS!!!
genius-meme.png

Reactions: bezem

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm glad it's working. What happened when you tried to install it as HAYA?

PS: I always think of karate when I see the Photo Channel ID. :lol:

When I installed it as HAYA (System), it doesn't show up in the menu (Shows up in wiiflow!) and also happens if you install it without any modifications to it, vWii just doesn't like HAYA - System :c
But changing to photo channel 1.0's id works (HAAA)

bezem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it fixed the custom mii channel :D forgot to say that, I might upload it here or make a thread 'Classic wii channels for vWii!!' and YAY SDHC WORKS ON DA PHOTO CHANNEL :D:D

I fully support your classic channels on vWii thread. I'd love to play around with the modified Mii Channel, I'll be installing your modified Photo Channel tonight, and someone mentioned that they got the Check Mii Out channel working. My goals for the evening - Get a Nand dump of my Wii so I can extract the updated Youtube channel, install that in my vWii, and install your Photo Channel. If I finish that and still have time, I may try the Netflix channel, as I noticed it had an update for the Wii. What I'm thinking though, since you were able to make a custom Mii channel, can we make a custom Wii Shop Channel wad so that I have all the channels available to the Wii? That would save a lot of time :)

bezem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Photo channel works like a dream! Thanks for giving me credit too, that warmed my hacker heart. To be fair though, I didn't do much (if anything) :)

Edit: Not having much luck installing the new Youtube channel. I think I found the Youtube WAD online somewhere, so I was having trouble making my own. Used ShowMiiNAND to extract it as a WAD, then ran it through wwunpacker and wwpacker. I had success with those for some channels, but not Netflix and Youtube for some reason. So for now my vWii is using the old Youtube (v1? versus v257) channel and Netflix Channel (v1538 vs v1539).

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I fully support your classic channels on vWii thread. I'd love to play around with the modified Mii Channel, I'll be installing your modified Photo Channel tonight, and someone mentioned that they got the Check Mii Out channel working. My goals for the evening - Get a Nand dump of my Wii so I can extract the updated Youtube channel, install that in my vWii, and install your Photo Channel. If I finish that and still have time, I may try the Netflix channel, as I noticed it had an update for the Wii. What I'm thinking though, since you were able to make a custom Mii channel, can we make a custom Wii Shop Channel wad so that I have all the channels available to the Wii? That would save a lot of time :)
I suggested a custom shop channel before ;)
It looks fine to me now :P
also the everybody votes channel doesn't have a ticket on the nus downloader, what if I install the old shop channel (as a different ID) and get all the missing things from the shop channel available?
like everybody votes channel and today and tomorrow channel etc?
lol I'll give that a try, also I GOT MY R4i GOLD :D
anyway I hope the shop channel will run well!

Photo channel works like a dream! Thanks for giving me credit too, that warmed my hacker heart. To be fair though, I didn't do much (if anything) :)

Edit: Not having much luck installing the new Youtube channel. I think I found the Youtube WAD online somewhere, so I was having trouble making my own. Used ShowMiiNAND to extract it as a WAD, then ran it through wwunpacker and wwpacker. I had success with those for some channels, but not Netflix and Youtube for some reason. So for now my vWii is using the old Youtube (v1? versus v257) channel and Netflix Channel (v1538 vs v1539).
Nice that the photo channel works! but not good that the other channels work :c i'll see what I can do hopefully

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It looks fine to me now :P
also the everybody votes channel doesn't have a ticket on the nus downloader, what if I install the old shop channel (as a different ID) and get all the missing things from the shop channel available?
like everybody votes channel and today and tomorrow channel etc?
Well if you decide you want to try it, make sure you run the command I posted for the Photo Channel. Just replace the wad file names.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Installed the classic shop channel, but it just gets an error code of 206671
searching the code on nintendo's error code search, it says something about 'It's a club nintendo login error'
I never even got to sign in with anything
oh well, least we know it doesn't work :P

EDIT: After I exited out of it, I noticed I had 3 messages about some recent stuff from 2010
but the one that catched my eye was:
System update 4.3 press update below......

I'm not clicking it lol it may install wii ios's on my vWii and BRiXZ TI@!

bezem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never been able to get the Netflix channel to install from a wad on the Wii.
The one I have I received from someone else, so I'm not sure what they did to make it work. It's V1538 and I can dropbox it when I get home if you'd like. Same with the Youtube Channel; I downloaded that from a wii iso site

Installed the classic shop channel, but it just gets an error code of 206671
searching the code on nintendo's error code search, it says something about 'It's a club nintendo login error'
I never even got to sign in with anything
oh well, least we know it doesn't work :P

Appreciate that you tried it!

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming any and all sticky threads have been consulted and the latest version of IOS236 is installed (my reasons per here), we all know the Photo Channel can be installed. I personally used Dop-Mii to install the latest version; I know MultiModManager can as well and we of course have WAD managers. However, the problem I have encountered with my vWii Photo Channel is the lack of SDHC compatibility due to no IOS 61. In a different thread member asper mentioned the following:

I'm assuming I could download the Photo Channel from NUS downloader or extract it from my nand backup and change the IOS flag, but is it possible to create an installer (or update the ones I mentioned above) to patch the Photo Channel on the fly? Simply curious if it's an easy matter; a coder I am not unfortunately.

hey everyone, i dont have to install cios on vwii for this to work right? plz answer.

Phillipos Andemariam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spaceracers.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that makes sense.
Download Sharpii, place it in the same directory as "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad", and save this to a file called "ChangeType.bat" (again in the same directory).
Code:
sharpii wad -e "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58.wad" "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58 - System.wad" -type SystemChannels
Then run it. It will create a file called "Photo Channel 1.1 - HAYA - IOS58 - System.wad" that will install as a proper System Channel.
Can the Photo Channel be installed on Wii U's Wii Mode as a system channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.