Phones Screen damaged, how to store PHONEBOOK to PC?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Agjsdfd, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Agjsdfd
    OP

Member Agjsdfd My title

Hey guys.
    So my Phones screen is blank.. I can call voicemail and anyone(without seeing anything on the screen), even music is playng fine. Now I want to copy every contact from the Phone to my PC. Even if I cant see anything on the screen, I can still connect it to PC just fine.
    How do I do that? The PC SUITE sony ericsson doesnt seem to do it...

BTW, I got Sony Ericsson w880i

2. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    if you store your contacts to your sim card, you can get your phonebook from your sim card using a sim card reader, thats all i know.

3. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Have you tried bitpim? It might work. Not sure if it supports your phone though, I've only tried it on lg and motorola's.

4. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    Get the service manual, blind operate it to activate the Bluetooth and then capture the data.

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    use MYPHONE EXPLORER

connect your phone to your pc using your USB cable and install the SIGNED DRIVERS get them here

then get MYPHONE EXPLORER here

and install it [​IMG]

disconnect your phone and reconnect it and put the PHONE mode should be push down 1 click on the joystick/ up/down control and press left soft key .. if you have done it right and its in phone mode it should NOT appear as a removable device in MY COMPUTER if it does then disconnect and try again until it connects without showing as removable storage .... then launch MYPHONE EXPLORER and connect your phone in the program choose FILE then CONNECT it should find your phone if not then choose OPTIONS then SEARCH for device .. with a bit of luck it will discover and connect your phone

now you can choose to do a FULL BACKUP (under extras/create backup) of your phones contents/contacts messages etc and/or even control your phone with myphone explorer [​IMG]

good luck [​IMG]

6. Agjsdfd
    OP

Member Agjsdfd My title

Well I prefer connecting it to PC rather than pressing stuff without know what I am doing..

Thanks guys, will try it out [​IMG]

@kobykaan
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANX ALOT MATE!