Phoenix Wright

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Nomearod, Sep 9, 2007.

Sep 9, 2007

Phoenix Wright by Nomearod at 3:13 PM (1,007 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Nomearod
    OP

Member Nomearod GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Can anyone please tell me which order should I play these games? I have searched but didn't find anything >_<

I know that there are at least two for DS and a another one just got out in Japan with english language but I want to start playing the first because of the story line.

2. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    First play 1, then play 2, then play 3. [​IMG] And when 4 is out in English, then play that.

3. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Believe me: you will be blow away in some cases!

That series is awesome! [​IMG]

4. DarkMatt

Newcomer DarkMatt Advanced Member

Australia

The order is -

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (This is only out in Japan atm, and it's called "Gyakuten Saiban 3" - It has an english language option)
    Then there is Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice (only out in Japan with no english translation yet).

They're meant to be played in that order, even though each one has backstory to fill you in. Amazing games, well worth playing [​IMG]

5. Nomearod
    OP

Portugal

But which one is 1, 2 and 3?

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (Gyakuten Saiban 3) (the last one out I think).

Is this the right order?

6. Nomearod
    OP

Portugal
    Thanks [​IMG]

7. LokusT

Newcomer LokusT Advanced Member

Ireland
    I'm about to go a little off topic but just to reiterate, playing them in order is the only way to go as 2 and 3 make references to their predecessors and will just spoil things if you played them in any other order.

Going off topic now..... It is easily one of my favourite series of games on, well, I was going to say the DS but to be fair it does fit in with all the other greats quite well. What I have been hoping for for a while though is an anime. There's just something about it's style, other than being very Japanese in the first place, that would just be perfect for the 'slightly larger but not quite big screen'.

It's already filled with the numerous anime cliches.... monologues, dramatic head to head battles....... of wits in this case, cheesy emotional moments. The list could go on.

But yeah, I guess I can but dream. Other than that, enjoy the Ace Attorney games. They should keep you going for a while.

Minor Edit: Before it gets mentioned, I am aware of the manga's existence but an anime would be a much more preferable format.

8. thomasroberts6

Member thomasroberts6 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Seriously, they are some amazing games. Im only on case #3 of PW:AA but its taken me a while, so it should be a long good gaming experience!