Phoenix Wright case 5 problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by sokmaster, Mar 11, 2007.

1. sokmaster
    OP

sokmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2007
    United States
    Ive put in some pain staking hours into Phoenix Wright: Attorney at Law, and now I am finally on the final Case 5. But I have now just encountered a problem that I cannot seem to get around.

I am nearing the investigation on Day 2 of Case 5 and am at the part of dusting for fingerprints in the evidence room. I am well aware that you need to examine the faint fingerprints in the lower left corner of the screen, but I cannot. Every time I place my stylus over them, no examine button shows up like it is supposed to. I am however, able to examine all 5 bloody fingerprints without a problem, place stylus over the fingertip, examine button shows up and I can proceed.

Ive looked through FAQs and there doesn't seem to be any trick to it, and I followed everything completely, I didn't skip anything..

Anyone else run into this problem? Could this be a rom issue? R4DS issue? Please help me... I am so close to finally finishing this game, and it would be a total waste of my time if I had to end the game now.

I'm an idiot. Problem solved... Don't hate me [​IMG]

2. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    i highly doubt that its an R4 related problem. you probably need to talk to someone (again) or something

3. R-Unit 4

R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2007
    either it is a bad dump or you can't examine that part...I played through the whole game...if there is a glitch where an examine sign doesn't come up, try double taaping it....if that doesn't work than it is unscannable...

4. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    You don't have to gather all the fingerprints in that room. I don't remember there being more than 3 sets of fingerprints, all belonging to three different people (I don't want to spoil it >_>). That should be all that's needed in the evidence room as far as fingerprints go.

5. sokmaster
    OP

sokmaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2007
    United States
    Hmm, nevermind, I seem to be a total idiot. I tried again and again, but this time, I just covered the entire screen with the fingerprint dust so that there wasn't a spot missed, and sure enough, when I blew it away, it finally registered as being found.

So the problem was me not putting fingerprint dust to begin with! Sorry for thinking it was a rom/R4 issue. [​IMG] Please forgive me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice