• Start date
  • Views 3,034
  • Replies 0
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey all,

So I have a TSOPed 1.4 Xbox with iND BIOS 5004, and I've been wanting to get the XDK dashboard working on it since I bought it a few months back. So I decided to try and give it a go in the past few hours...
What I have currently done:
  • Placed PBL 1.4.1, and everything it needs, into my HDD's Apps folder
  • Configured the CFG with the correct Debug RC4 and EEPROM keys
  • Placed my Debug 4627 BFM BIOS into the "Bioses" folder
  • Configured my CFG again, to place the path to the said Debug BIOS
  • Copied all of the C and E drive XDK dashboard files to both C and E drives respectively.
Everything was configured and loading up correctly, as expected, however what turned out to be extremely unexpected was this:

oKswpYn.gif
This is actually slowed down by about 4x ;o

As soon as it's all done loading (yep, even the dashboard has loaded perfectly fine), everything on the screen appears to just be all corrupted and flickering for some really weird-ass reason... :unsure:
The audio works absolutely perfect, and even the input works fine too!
So my question is, can anyone pinpoint why this is happening?? I would say there is probably something wrong with the bios, but actually the 5558 debug bios presents the same issues... :(
Maybe this is an issue with iND? (The BIOS currently flashed onto my TSOP)

Big thanks if anyone can help me out here!

EDIT: After tedious research, I found that it was dependent on which video encoder chip your xbox uses!
The debug BFM bioses I were using don't appear to support xboxes with Focus video chips, however work on xboxes with Conexant chips.

But to fix this, all I needed to do was find a debug bios that did support Focus chips, and that bios was Gueux's Debug Bios 4 Focus (clue is in the name, it's a bios that works on Focus chips only)
And now my screen is no longer flickering and corrupting immediately on load-up. :)

Hope this helps people who might have similar issues in the future!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over