Phobias

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Caoimhin, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Caoimhin
    OP

Caoimhin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2006
    Poland
    Kalwaria Zebrzydowska
    Have you seen this phobia? It's sooo nasty:
    Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

And this one surely must be a joke:
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- Fear of long words.
    You freak out by hearing the name of your phobia!

I'm arachnophobic for sure. And I have a fear of chickens.. And I'm a little bit kleptomanic (it's not a phobia though): I stole 86 drinking straws yesterday xD

2. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I'm scared of people around me dying. Don't care if I die though.
    I'm also scared of my house burning down. I LOEV MAI STUFF!

3. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)
    scared of heights.. [​IMG]
    Gotta go sky diving!! That'll fix it!

4. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    Toxiphobia: Fear of poison. That's one I've had since childhood, and managed to shake it, mostly.
    I have others, but I'm afraid to tell you about them.

5. Takrin

Takrin GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2006
    United States
    hmm i dont know what mine is, but i say tacobellophobia?
    anyhow i am afraid of taco bell items with sour cream

when i was little i ate from taco bell, something with sour cream, got food poisoning and puked like crazy, then a fever could barely get up, was soo sick that i was hallucinating, staring at this weird figure standing over me on my bed staring back at me. ever since then i'd rather not eat anything from taco bell, and i stay a distance away from any taco bell item with sour cream, makes me feel ill just seeing it.

6. Mortenga

Mortenga GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2006
    Portsmouth, UK
    I fear death.

7. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    PSPhobia

8. Taras

Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

Dec 10, 2005
    United States
    Boxcar #142, Santa Fe rail
    I'm scared of the ween cancer and it's accompanying penectomy.

9. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I'm slightly arachnophobic, I hate big spiders. Which is a not good considering I live in Australia and we have spiders the size of dinner plates in our homes.

I also have a fear of needles, as in the injection kind. If anyone can tell me the name of that phobia I'll give you a cookie [​IMG]

10. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    I'm afraid of heights, elevators, and balloons blowing up in my face.

11. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Trypanophobia... COOKIE!

12. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Large spiders (UK definition: anything larger than half an inch. Opium's locals would have me running for the hills [​IMG]), and an inherited irrational fear of making telephone calls to companies when I don't know what I'm talking about. And I'm squeamish of operations on TV involving eyes and the skin under people's nails. You know, like when you smack a nail too hard, it turns black and falls off. Totally freaks me out.

As a kid I was terrified of fire. I totally blame Neighbours. The cafe burned down and it scared the hell out of me. Incidentally Madonna's "Dear Jessie" was playing on the radio at the same time, and I now feel uneasy whenever I hear it.

13. ozzyzak

ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 10, 2006
    United States
    San Diego, CA
    I'm scared of maggots, or anything that is spoiled/rotten.

14. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    fightPHOBIA... (well not really cuz I'm ready to drop some people some time... [​IMG] )

15. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Uhh... I'm afraid of heights, and getting stabbed.

16. Danieluz

Danieluz GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2006
    Ok, since my engish is not that good, I will put it this way, im terribly afraid of spiders and im afraid of having my legs stuck(this as already happen once or twice on small cars and I almost throw up)

17. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I'm scared of fires because my room is a fire hazard. That and when I was a kid, a friend and I was doing an animated short just for fun; we we're drawing a house on fire and people running around it and shit. Next thing I know, my grandma who lives next door is banging on the door shouting that our neighbor's house was on fire. We went outside staring as the house burnt down. Creepy. That and I told my friend we should have drawn money raining down and stuff.

18. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    what's wrong with collecting drinking straws? i've taken over 1500 in 4 yrs of school.
    Im afraid of heights, spiders, and cockaroaches. As a matter of fact, i was taking a shower, and i saw a cockaroach, i screamed like a girl, fell down, then it ran. I grabbed my bottle of shaving cream (its that gel one, that turns into bubbles) and kept spraying it. Then it went into a corner and got stuck there, so i buried in shaving cream. i saw it this morning dead among a pile of bubbles. I'm also scared of gay people wanting to rape me, fat people, and boos from super mario 64. Also, like the entire game F.E.A.R, i almost pooped myself after playing 40 minutes. I'm afraid of black people when im in a dark place (instant-camo) and according to my parents, i'm scared of work. (last one is rofl) i don't want to sound mean, or stupid, but its all sadly true.

19. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    im a pussy when it comes to heights. [​IMG]

20. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    Anything smaller then my hand that moves. And I'm talking a real phobia which is defined as not even being able to be in the same room as one (as soon as I see it, I'm outta there). Plus, I get really itching when seeing one and stay itchy for a good half hour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice