OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
ps3phils.jpg

QUOTE said:
Sony Philippines, Inc. invites you to the first PlayStation Event in Philippines on March 27 and 28 at the Glorietta Activity Center. Enjoy the extensive display of the full PlayStation line-up, try out the newest game offerings and watch the hottest bands perform onstage.

Up for grabs are brand new PlayStation 3 , (PSP) PlayStation Portable and limited edition PlayStation premium items by simply joining any of the following activities:

* COSPLAY Fashion - Come in your best Anime/PS game character COSPLAY attire and strut your stuff to win a brand new PlayStation 3
* COSPLAY Battlefield - Create a 2 minute Battle/Fight Scene Simulation with 2 other friends and win 1 PSP each
* PlayStation Amazing Race - Discover the PlayStation World Amazing Race Style with a partner and win 1 PSP each
* PSP (PlayStation Portable) Tekken Network Battle - Step up to the challenge and be the best Tekken Dark Resurrection fighter to bring home a brand new PS3
* PlayStation 3 Ridge Racer 7 Competition - Are you in need of speed? Finish first in the Ridge Racer 7 Game and be an owner of a brand new PS3
* I Want A PlayStation®3 Raffle Onsite Draw - 2 brand new PlayStation®3 to be raffled out

Sadly, grey-market PS3s dont have warranty. these are sold thru ToyKingdom, DataBlitz, in Greenhills and in other malls near you.

Atleast we have locally released PlayStation games like PSP and PS3.

Philippines will have its own PSN Store and others to make it like the US/EU/JP/HK counterparts

Pros:

Locally released games (not made but locally purchased)
Local PSN store
Awesome Warranty

Cons:

I have no idea if the PS3 are more expensive than the one being sold in DataBlitz
No PS3 fat

It is rumored that PS3 are being sold as Php14,xxx or Php19,xxx or the worst case scenario of Php 21,xxx above

http://www.sony.com.ph/microsite/PS2010/Pl...Newsletter.html

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woah, that's $305 to $475 CAD. That's expensive (for right now at least).
I don't remember if the Phils had their own console made specifically for their region (I went there, there were US PSPs, JP Wiis, AUS Xbox 360s, etc).

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
It's a sign that Sony is supporting Philippines by locally releasing their gaming consoles.

WHere's Nintendo and Microsoft? I dont see anything except for grey products from them.

Too bad we're leaving and cant buy Filipino released PS3. T_T

I was planning to buy my own PS3 and Im happy it's made FOR Philippines

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I was wondering if it's locally made or locally distributed.

If anyone who can buy a locally sold PS3 slim may want to update us with the language since Sony PH will have its own Philippine PSN store.

reminds me of Nintendo Korea where the consoles and games are late except for Pokemon and some games

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why can't we get fun promotions like this here in the US. Still the PS3 in the Philippians is a bit too expensive compared to the US and Japanese prices.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WHY DOES GLORIETTA HAVE TO BE SO FAR!? But I'm pretty skeptical about this...no one really buys PS3s over here, so support could seriously suck.

And last, but DEFINITELY not the least, THEY BETTER BE WAY CHEAPER. The cheapest one I've seen so far, pre- PH release, is a 16k slim in Alabang Town Center.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mei-o said:
WHY DOES GLORIETTA HAVE TO BE SO FAR!? But I'm pretty skeptical about this...no one really buys PS3s over here, so support could seriously suck.

Hopefully the price will drop in a few weeks then sales would increase.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Now my friends and cousins over the Philippines can enjoy Little Big Planet. My cousin really wants that game, and now he can have one
happy.gif

BTW are games gonna be NTSC or PAL???

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
Now my friends and cousins over the Philippines can enjoy Little Big Planet. My cousin really wants that game, and now he can have one
happy.gif

BTW are games gonna be NTSC or PAL???

NTSC is supported in the Philippians.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
NOTE: From now on, Imported PS3 and other merchandised will be referred to as Grey products and Officially licensed products will be referred to as OFFICIAL PS3 and products.

Grey PS3 is Php 18,000 in Rocksoftonline http://www.rocksoftonline.com/playstation-...lack-p-341.html
but it's Php 14,xxx in Datablitz and in Greenhills

Official PS3 has not yet confirmed but if you visit their Official stores, their TVs and other merchandise are a hell lot expensive than grey TVs and others.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSP,you know it has PSN too right?Also it's hacked(kinda)but no one is taking up the challenge to make eh CFW,or whatever you wanna call it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)