Gaming Phil Spencer hints at new Sakaguchi JRPG for Xbox One

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally I don't use Twitter as a source, but there's slim pickings as far as Xbox One news goes right now, so...

For all you fans of Blue Dragon and/or Lost Odyssey on the Xbox 360, behold.

N8jnEgi.png

Seems a bit silly that they might be announcing a big JRPG title before they even announce when the Xbox One will be launching in Japan, but whatever.

So, would this brighten up all you blue dragons, or should this be a tossed oddity?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait shoot, I forgot about Star Ocean. And im sure there are a few others, but man, that platform was high and dry for weeabRPGs

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wait shoot, I forgot about Star Ocean. And im sure there are a few others, but man, that platform was high and dry for weeabRPGs

Star Ocean was shit.

Though tbf, Microsoft made some attempt in making the 360 a weeaboo console. The problem was Japanese people were just too weeaboo to buy an 'merican system.

Plus Star Ocean was shit.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I still have issues with that line of logic. More on the thread I pondered it in ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-and-360-exclusives-a-discussion.360416/ ) but other than a couple of tales games (which appeared on the Wii, were also remakes and the 360 had one in Tales of Vesperia, which was exclusive outside Japan), white knight chronicles, atelier, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Disgaea, Ar tonelico Qoga, Legasista and Ni no Kuni there was not a lot different. I can see being a fan of Ni no Kuni (though others said strip Ghibli and it would be a by the numbers affair) but the others are a bit more niche, Persona probably warrants being mentioned as well even if it is not out yet. After this we are talking version differences like Eternal Sonata (which the PS3 had a very nice, clearly superior in many ways, version of).

Sure you would only miss out on Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery and Magna Carta 2 (one of my favourites) but I am not sure you would be missing out on much.

Edit. Forgot to mention there is an "international" version of Star Ocean on the PS3 as well, it hit a year later.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have issues with that line of logic. More on the thread I pondered it in ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-and-360-exclusives-a-discussion.360416/ ) but other than a couple of tales games (which appeared on the Wii, were also remakes and the 360 had one in Tales of Vesperia, which was exclusive outside Japan), white knight chronicles, atelier, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Disgaea, Ar tonelico Qoga, Legasista and Ni no Kuni there was not a lot different. I can see being a fan of Ni no Kuni (though others said strip Ghibli and it would be a by the numbers affair) but the others are a bit more niche, Persona probably warrants being mentioned as well even if it is not out yet. After this we are talking version differences like Eternal Sonata (which the PS3 had a very nice, clearly superior in many ways, version of).

Sure you would only miss out on Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery and Magna Carta 2 (one of my favourites) but I am not sure you would be missing out on much.

Edit. Forgot to mention there is an "international" version of Star Ocean on the PS3 as well, it hit a year later.

Ha I know. I was mostly joking. Did you mention "Blaze Blue"? some really complicated pvp fighter game.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Halo 5 Prologue: The RPG Game

I'm sorry to all Xbox fans but it's just hard to think of Xbox without referring shooters considering it's the console for shooting games.

But I digress, I'm playing Conker's Bad Fur Day on my 360 and that is awesome!

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...