ROM Hack Pheonix Wright music hack

Jhongerkong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been wondering if it is possible to rip a music file from a phoenix wright game and put it into a different one. Like for example, taking the cross examination music from gyakuten saiban 4 and put it in phoenix wright 2. Any helpful info would be nice.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Partial insertion is a bit harder than full replacement or pointer map alterations (the 2 most common DS sound hacks) as you will likely need to add a music bank as well (games of the same series/company though are frequently except from such rules though: most capcom games use the same table)

This post:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=457&start=60
This site:
http://kiwi.ds.googlepages.com/sdat.html

And a quick search of bunch of threads around here should prove a good starting point, however you will be working entirely in a hex editor for the reinsertion as to my knowledge there is nothing to do it for you.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible, in theory, to make the agents in Elite Beat Agents shout, "OSSU" using the soundclip from Ouendan?

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, a music hack can definitely be done. I have done it with Gyakuten Saiban 2, taking music from the first game and inserting it via hex editor.

You can read a little about it here and here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Harsky I dare say that section is probably a wave format sound meaning you will only have to reinsert: if it is same length or smaller overwrite the old (and change the length in the table) or if it is bigger stick it at the end.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hijack this thread, but this reminded me that I stumbled on the soundtrack to Hotel Dusk on Google the other day. Great light jazz stuff, and I'm not the one to usually listen to soundtracks outside of playing the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over