Hacking Phat + SD2Vita + IMC0 - Official Memory Card = ?

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Basically if you've got a Phat 1000 currently running Enso with an Official Memory Card can you drop in an SD2Vita, copy across the content from the official memory card then enable IMC0 (100MB should be enough for Enso?) and make it all run without needing the Official Memory Card?

Correct?

What would you have to reconfig to make this kick or would it better to take the Vita back to standard and a do a fresh install with the IMC0 paths set straight out of the gate then reinstall everything fresh to the SD2Vita? Would prefer just copying content from my Official Memory Card over to the SD2Vita if possible then playing without it in the device but there isn't much info on this topic anywhere.

What do you think?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need the memory card to hack the vita, after that you can use YAMT (recommended mounting tool in the settings menu) or storage manager plugin (legacy plugin with a config txt) for mounting drives.

The memory card needs to be registered with an account... the account connects to the computer and the computer fools the vita into storing unregistered apps on the memory card. Once Enso is installed, plugins activate and mount drives before the os boots. You can use YAMT or Storage Manager on a 1000 without a memory card once it's hacked and told where to mount drives.

Last edited by Anderxale,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I understand a little better, you want to move your data over.

When you mount sd2vita or psvsd to ux0 it uses that micro-sd as the vita memory card.
You can then mount the actual memory card to uma0 as just a storage device.
4b0d914a497170a25ba53e70aee95854.jpg

The vita will save all data to ux0 (homebrew can save elsewhere too).

If the psn user id is the same on the sony memory card and the sd card then you can copy any save data or trophy info from the memory card as a storage device mounted to and use it in the new "memory card" sd.
I don't recommend copying large games or software, just reinstall them.
Saves would be here (in photo) uma0:user/00/
561c087af4cfe77e77ab2267e66f32a9.jpg

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
All worked perfectly, thanks. Workflow in case anyone searches for a solution at some point:

Vita 1000 with Enso already installed and Official Memory Card.
Install imcunlock.vpk, select 100MB partition then format it via Settings.
Install yamt.vpk as per guide.
Copy OMemCard contents to SD2Vita.
Power off, eject OMemCard.

There we have it. Everything works perfectly.

Quite surprised as I thought I may have to edit something for Enso to work without a OMemCard but apparently not. YAMT is configured as UXO: (SD2Vita) UMA0: (Memory Card) even though there isn't one plugged in and its all good. Was thinking of flipping it over to Internal Storage but why bother if its all working perfectly?

My install of Enso is ancient (3.60 - 10) so I don't know if its got the full recovery stuff built in that later versions have. Was loathe to mess with anything as it all worked nicely but this was all smooth and worth giving a go if you want to upgrade to SD2Vita and sell your Official 64GB without needing to buy a replacement.

Last edited by Deleted member 42501,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol