DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bought a replacement case for my friends old (phat) DS and after switching the internals to the new case I thought I'd check to make sure it powers up. First time the power just blinked which and I realised one of the ribbons was the wrong way round so went back and fixed that. In a hurry I didn't bother to put the back plate on and just pushed the battery against the connectors - but as I did this I accidently had the battery upside down (i.e. the + and - were the wrong way roung) which was NOT a good thing to do! I did not power it on, but when I put the battery the right way round on and turn it on the LED doesn't flash or power up at all. I'm worried I may have shorted/fried something on the motherboard. Does anyone know if that is feasible/possible? I'm hoping it's just the battery but until I can get another DS battery to try it out, I'm a little stuck for ideas? Anyone?

frown.gif

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you checked for any signs of battery 'leakage' or so?
And have you tried turning the DS on, without the battery, using the AC adapter?

Good luck.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked for any signs of battery 'leakage' or so?
And have you tried turning the DS on, without the battery, using the AC adapter?

Good luck.

You can't turn a DS on without the battery, wall charger or not. And Darkforce, I think you did short something, it's quite possibly fried, sadly.

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Little update - battery is fine, works in another DS, but a battery from the other DS won't work in the one I was taking apart, so it's something on the board itself. I tried connecting a charger and the red light quickly flashes once and that's it. I'm guessing I've blown a fuse on the board - this may solve the problem, if not I'll probably buy a DS with a damaged screen and use the board from that. Anyone know if there are any limitations or things I should consider if I decide to do that?

Thanks for the replies.
smile.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update! Removed the F2 fuse and bridged the point - great success, it works fine! Too bad the moulding on the new case is a bit dodgy - gonna have to raise the buttons a tad with some cardboard. >_>;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c