Hacking Phantom Kingdom Portable: English Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats, Phantom Kingdom Portable thread, you're now at 100 comments!

Funny fact, I went ahead and played a little bit of PKP out of curiosity. You'll be amazed at how well muscle memory works for the menus in that game, cause I still knew what everything I went to did. I think it at least says a lot for how similar as well each of NIS's SRPGs are in terms of menus-- which is a bit of a lifesaver when it comes to importing, huh?

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no kidding! i just finished my ultimate char in PKP, +8 all stats, and the final body i got him in is a desperato or what have you. i always just skipped the story, and then just played away, i ran out of things to do, but i never did start the other game mode, the one below the new game option, i think its safe the assume its the zetta's daughter story line.

my ultimate char is so far level 700+ from food dungeons, but food is hard to find....

(i use the makai kingdom game guide + walkthrough)

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the other storyline is the Petta storyline. Petta's weird since she managed to come over as DLC for games like Disgaea D2, and yet we never got her actual origin over here. Such a shame.

Awesome character, though. I guess the story sorta isn't as important when you don't know what's going on, huh?

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i played makai kingdom ps2, so i know the story, but this "petta" mode i have no clue, or some of the secret battles... XD

such as the "spoiler alert" robo suit petta battle.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow am bursting at the seems for this :yaypsp:

Good to hear the progress is going well........guess i need to hurry on La Pucelle and anticipate this baby

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might put out a patch and will be version v0.0.1. I think its worth putting a patch out if people can play through the main story. I have bugged tested all the wishes since it requires insane amount of mana. Also images are not translated since I still have yet to figure out how to decoded and encode the IMY format. This includes part of the intro since the large font is done with images.

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did u try all the wishes? i have a Custom firmware cheat that can give me near unlimited mana so i can quickly try them all if you want. (i will anyway, but it wont be priority)

just booted it up with the patch u provided, started a new game, and Zetta's words in the lost library or what ever is not translated, did i get the right patch?

note: items, skills, char names, and all of zettas options are not translated as well.

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heatblade,

You cannot use an old save file. You must start new since the game saves the japanese into the save file...

Also any text that is not in the text boxes that is an image is not translated. We have not gotten the IMY format working yet.

I have tried the patch and it works on my ends.

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i deleted my save files (ouch)
and removed the data install from my psp, then to be sure i repatched, dont know what did it, but it works now, hahaha

now for the loooong grind from level 1 to 9999 again, and +8 all stats. :P

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont have any leveling cheats, the only cheat i got is erm... the "get mana fast" and "all chars can move 200"... thats about it. rest is money hacks (useless)

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mana is always a pain. The biggest issues I have with cheats is that once you use them I feel like you wreck the game since you basically can just adjust anything you want. No point then in leveling. I doubt I will use a "cheat" until I am done with the Petta Chapter since I am looking forward to playing it. The creatures start at 80+ level in Petta Mode with new game+ and will be a fun challenge since my team in the 75-80 range.

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
looking forward to future patches, tho i am kinda sad that i have to start a new game everything a new patch comes,
YAY for Grinding!

edit: game crashed when pram attacked micky and Zetta was on the third nether world level 2, and guess what... right at zettas line "Hm?" game crash :(

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heatblade12,

I found the bug... it was the dreaded "A" bug.

I'll go update the patch...

Also as far as save games... you can use the same save game for new patches just it might not take all the updates if there is an issue with names of items, places, and people.

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the updated patch with the fix for that bug:
(PKP_patched_v0_0_1.xdelta)

Sorry about that. I thought I had gotten all the "A" bugs out. If you find other please let me know what chapter and line it happens on.

This is what happens when you get into an "early" patch. You get to help and be a guinea pig.

Thanks again for the bug report.
-ChepChep

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Chep! Good job on putting out a patch. I was super busy this weekend going to a different state for things (7 hour drive each way from and back, ugggh), so I'll be trying it out soon! I'm glad you caught one of the bugs early on.

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok bud, i will keep at busting at the story and find and murder these bugs!
keep it up chep chep!

edit: ahh i get it. the "A" bug, where that specific capital case letter appears, the game crash's, so it was not some technical language i would not understand hahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.