Hacking Phantom Hourglass refuses cheats!

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, in my other thread, someone(I forgot who told me, sorry) told me that its mabye because of the trimming i did on the carts, so i got all my old roms, but heres the weird thing. i enable cheats, and i can play tetris with only the light blue block, or get all the metoes, or even get 99,999 bells in animal crossing. But for some reason when i try out phantom hourglass, it completely ignores the fact that i enabled cheats. And whats really weird is when i open the enhanced menu, Everything in there works fine. . except the fact that the Cheats: Enabled, button, is grayed out. So im here to ask for help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this weird problem?

I have tried getting a different rom, i tried one trimmed and one not (The trimmed was before, when it said cheats were activated but they didnt work for it), i tried getting multiple cheat engines(The files, forgot the appropriate name) and i even tried reinstalling the firmware. and nothing seems to work. Help me if you can!

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
Use firmware 1.5 B1.
I just downloaded it, and it still seems to refuse to bring up the menu of "Do you wish to use cheats?" and it still says its disabled in enhanced menu. T_T

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If cheats are enabled and it doesn't ask you if you want to use cheats, then all that means is that you don't have any cheats for your version of the ROM. Are you playing the (U) version of Phantom Hourglass?
Are you using Narin's cheat files (not the default CycloDS cheats)?

If so, then the cheats should work.

Tell me, where did you put the user.evocheats file?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
The default cheat file that comes with the CycloDS has almost no games.
It certainly does not have Phantom Hourglass since it's relatively new compared to the Cyclo, but it does have Animal Crossing and Meteos.

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i believe im using Narins.

Quick edit: I am using narins, and i used the cheat code editor to check if there are any cheats for the (U) version of LOZ. there are.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:

Quick edit: I am using narins, and i used the cheat code editor to check if there are any cheats for the (U) version of LOZ. there are.
Where did you put the user.evoCHEATS file?

Balrogs.Pain

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
Balrogs.Pain said:

Where did you put the user.evoCHEATS file?
Where i found the origional User.evoCheats file. in the CycloDS folder.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seems you did nothing wrong. Only possible explanation is that you have a bad/incorrect version of the ROM. Unfortunately, we can not help you there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.