XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me here? I got this -

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/hb-ds-r4sdhc

Using this firmware -

http://r4-new.com/download-en.htm#2

(The one released 12/5/2008)

Tried the GBA cheat list, no luck. Created my own cheat for the ROM and it came up but I still got a WHITE SCREEN. Tried the pre-hacked ROM, same white screen.

Tried YSMenu but get a "DSDI" error

Wasted 6 hours on this, every other game I have works. Starting to think I should save my time and buy a different backup card (can anyone tell me what will definitely work with PSZ?).

THANKS for any and all help!

parabolee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exbaddude said:
You gotta use the Piracy cheat. Get a new Cheat.DAT.

As I said I USED the piracy cheat from the latest CHEAT.DAT but it said NO CHEATS AVAILABLE for PSZ (believe it has something to do with being a clone?). I manually entered the cheat and got it to show up in the menu but still got the white screen.

Any other advice??!?!

THANKS

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if entering the cheat manually and it shows up and you enabled it doesnt work, then i guess your fake r4 just doesnt cut it. you could try to use the ysmenu on it but i dont know if the fakes will work with it. its worth a try.

if all else fails, i guess fakes sucks.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If the cheat doesn't show up then you are using a patched game which will most elikely end up with white screens on YSmenu. Use a clean, unpatched ROM and the cheats.

parabolee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
If the cheat doesn't show up then you are using a patched game which will most elikely end up with white screens on YSmenu. Use a clean, unpatched ROM and the cheats.

I had no idea this was a clone cart until I tried to get this game to work. I am 100% I am using a clean ROM, and I created a CHEAT.DAT with the Code Editor found on the real R4 site (1.01). I created the one code that I need for PSZ and it shows up in the R4 menu! So I turn it ON, (presume X is on but tried O too) and I still get a white screen.

Can't get YSmenu to work for me at all. Went through all the insane steps to make a bootable DS file YSmenu and it works fine BUT when I try and load a game it gives me a wrong DSDI file type error (or something like that).

Stupid freaking clone. Anyone else have any idea's?

THANKS!

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if you have tried everything we told you and nothing works and no one else has any ideas, you are screwed. you can either;

1. buy PSZ either the japanese version or wait for american version
2. dont play PSZ
3. buy a different flash cart (this time, no fakes. no matter how cheap it is)

parabolee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news folks. I got it to work. But the way I did it requires a little investigation so I can share the goodness with other
smile.gif

I purchased a CycloDS Evolution and tried the game in that, BOOM worked first time. Then I noticed it created a cheat file for the game even though I didn't use cheat's. So I figured that since the R4 uses the same format, maybe it would work with that. Well I tried the game in my R4 doing NOTHING at all since it working in the CylcoDS and BOOM worked perfectly!

So it is either the cheat file the CycloDS created or the CycloDS patched the game and the patch makes it work on the R4 too.

I will investigate and share here for others having trouble getting it to work on the R4 SDHC New amd R4 SDHC Revolution (both seem to use the same firmwares and have the same problem running this game) as I will be testing it on both.

Thanks!

DSftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to download the USRCHEAT.DAT for my R4 SDHC clone and rename it the CHEAT.DAT in order for it to work

parabolee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSftw said:
I had to download the USRCHEAT.DAT for my R4 SDHC clone and rename it the CHEAT.DAT in order for it to work

I tried that and it did not work. However I acquired a CycloDS tried the game in that and it worked (of course) then tried it on the R4 again and IT WORKED!

I think the R4 was freezing at the point it needed to create a save file. With a pre-created save file it worked fine. Unless it was the DLDI patch the CycloDS did that made it work.

I think you could probably copy any .SAV file and rename it to be the same as PSZ. But if that does not work then feel free to PM me and I'll hook you up with a blank save file from PSZ.

I have a R4 SDHC NEW and I also used this method to get it to work for someone using a R4 Revolution that had the same problem! WOOT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1