Phantasy Star Universe servers closed as of Sept. 7th 2012

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 6 long years PSU is finally saying goodbye, as of Sept 7th 2012 the PSU Xbox 360 servers will be shut down. Many of the players have mixed feeling towards this decision, but in all most are sad to see it go. A Sega rep by the name of Edward posted recently about certain info that will impact the game while it is still online: Events, giveaways, and things of that nature.

Edward addressed a few minor questions players would have with the following statement:

"Following service closure, the single player version of the game will still be available, but network mode will be inaccessible. Players who still have a GUARDIANS license active following the close date will have their subscription refunded by Microsoft on a pro-rated basis."

With the close of PSU on public servers, many have sought to make private servers for the game as PSOBB and others have. A project was made awhile ago to make private servers for PSU when the PC servers went down, yet nothing has been heard of since.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?414770-Important-Notice-for-all-PSU-XB360-Players

EMP Knightmare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Rydian the PS2 and PC servers were shut down March 31, 2010 due to low population issues and other misc. problems.

(BTW I'm a big fan of yours Rydian, I love the stuff crust cheese pizza recipe, and your tutorials ^_^)

Hey Black-Ice long time to see.

Reactions: 1 person

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It makes sense since PSO2 is "launching" in a few weeks (in Japan at least) if nothing goes wrong this weekend.
It's...pretty much better in every conceivable way so it's not too big a loss.

EMP Knightmare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True not that big of a loss, but my wife is pissed due to her paying each month for a game that's shutting down.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess it was inevitable; everything that has a Phantasy Start must have its Phantasy End.

...Alright, that was a stretch even by my standards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night