OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So now I have a problem...
I love the game so far, great game. But my friend wanted to try it, and she made her own profile, but here's the tricky part...
When I die, I get revived. :\ I don't know why... She sucks at the game so she can't pass the first mission.
tongue.gif

But when she does, it's game over...
Why is that? Did she put the wrong option under the job? Or no?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is a total shot in the dark here...

I'm presuming she's hosting the game, and you're the "helper" of sorts? When you die, you come back because you're not the leader. But when she dies...

Try switching around something. What exactly I can't tell you as I don't have the game, but it definitely sounds like a case of Dead Leader Syndrome. =P

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
Well, this is a total shot in the dark here...

I'm presuming she's hosting the game, and you're the "helper" of sorts? When you die, you come back because you're not the leader. But when she dies...

Try switching around something. What exactly I can't tell you as I don't have the game, but it definitely sounds like a case of Dead Leader Syndrome. =P
Sorry, I need to explain more, my fault.
She made a profile, and plays the single player mode. And when I die, I get revived, and so do my teammates. She doesn't, and she sucks.
nyanya.gif
And she can't pass the first mission. :S
Hello, when she gets farther on, damn I died like 20 times in one level... okay 15...

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, okay. I'm presuming there's a flag set somewhere that...hmm...

I really don't know. You may have something that automatically revives you and you don't realize it, or you changed that setting somewhere. She dies like this when she does SP and MP with you? I'm not sure how there could be a "wrong option" in the jobs, but try to find all of the differences you can with your individual profiles, and then with her teammates (if any).

I wish I knew. =\

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe an item is the cause of revivals. There is an item that auto revives you when you die. Did she try to play before you tried to help her? If so then she might have used up all of those recovery items and therefore wont revive.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, i believe there's a item in the game that can revive you when you die. I haven't played the portable version yet but on phantasy star online on the gamecube there was an item called scape doll or sumthin that would revive you when you died.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
I believe an item is the cause of revivals. There is an item that auto revives you when you die. Did she try to play before you tried to help her? If so then she might have used up all of those recovery items and therefore wont revive.Yeah, that might be it, I played a lot and she did just start playing...
And she's pissed because she sucks.
tongue.gif

knoxvillz said:
yes, i believe there's a item in the game that can revive you when you die. I haven't played the portable version yet but on phantasy star online on the gamecube there was an item called scape doll or sumthin that would revive you when you died.
Yeah, sounds good, and what's the icon? It might be the same.
There's a GCN version?
ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Sstew @ Sep 3 2008, 08:15 PM)
can't help ya sorry, but is this currently only out in Japan?

Is it good, Haven't played it?
It's a great game, I'd like to understand the story, but no luck. But it's playable, as long as you figure out the beginning. Just add those too teammates to the team, took me forever to play the first mission.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Game Over might be just for the first level - it's pure storyline, so the revival system doesn't kick in just yet. When you get through it all (I think when you first get to your room), then the game starts to progress normally. That said, I'm saying this from memory, so it might not be accurate, but many games have such a system where clearing the first level without dying is manditory (TWEWY on DS for example).

Scape Dolls from Phantasy Star Online (Sega DC originally, then ported to GC and Xbox - PC had a version called Blue Burst) make a return in Phantasy Star Universe. They probably used them in the Phantasy Star series, but I've not played them in years. So long as you have one in your inventory, the moment you die, you are brought back to life. In Phantasy Star Online (GC), half my bank was filled with Scape Dolls for use against Ultimate difficulty boss battles - I expected several deaths.

As for Phantasy Star Portable, it is only available in Japanese for now. There is no planned release date for the US version at this time (according to wiki), although I definitely look forward to it! I'm a Phantasy Star fan
biggrin.gif

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Game Over might be just for the first level - it's pure storyline, so the revival system doesn't kick in just yet. When you get through it all (I think when you first get to your room), then the game starts to progress normally. That said, I'm saying this from memory, so it might not be accurate, but many games have such a system where clearing the first level without dying is manditory (TWEWY on DS for example).

Scape Dolls from Phantasy Star Online (Sega DC originally, then ported to GC and Xbox - PC had a version called Blue Burst) make a return in Phantasy Star Universe. They probably used them in the Phantasy Star series, but I've not played them in years. So long as you have one in your inventory, the moment you die, you are brought back to life. In Phantasy Star Online (GC), half my bank was filled with Scape Dolls for use against Ultimate difficulty boss battles - I expected several deaths.

As for Phantasy Star Portable, it is only available in Japanese for now. There is no planned release date for the US version at this time (according to wiki), although I definitely look forward to it! I'm a Phantasy Star fan
biggrin.gif
Thanks too! And yeah, I got it "imported"
tongue.gif
The PSP doesn't have region lock does it?
Once I get the chance to really order it online I'll get it, I hate how it takes up a gig of memory.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1