Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Amiculi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this project and thread for years, very excited to see it so close to completion, we're rooting for you guys.

Ratcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question - Why do Dewman exist? I came to the conclusion that they are the weakest race in the game, which is ironic due to the fact that they are genetically modified humans.

EDIT: I meant naturally occurring genetic mutation. I was thinking of Newman while writing this.

Last edited by Ratcher,

Shadowth117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question - Why do Dewman exist? I came to the conclusion that they are the weakest race in the game, which is ironic due to the fact that they are genetically modified humans.

EDIT: I meant naturally occurring genetic mutation. I was thinking of Newman while writing this.

Dewmans are meant to be more of a glass cannonish race with the highest striking/ranged iirc and second highest technique power. However they have lower defenses than the others. Originally they were intended to be wholly superior, but Sega thought better of it. Still, if you mean defensively, you could consider them the weakest of that front.

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're interesting in that they're the 2nd strongest in each offense category, while being the worst defensively and having poor PP. So if you want them to really work for you in a way than another race couldn't do better, you can:
  • make good use their unique (and really good) PBs
  • switch into different weapon styles frequently (as in melee, tech and ranged)
  • adopt weapon styles that combine different offensive stats (ie casting FOverse then equipping a melee set to damage/combo them passively with magic while you attack, or using melee/slicer with different R-mag types for crowd control)
I'm not sure about the viability of hybrid weapon styles like that, but it's fun and technically no other race does them better.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Davincross

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, how goes the translation project?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey all, thank you so much for your work on this. How is the project going?

Devanor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This would be a fantastic christmas present (overly optimistc, I know)
Damn whoever decided not to make an international version *shakes fist*

Amiculi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be a fantastic christmas present (overly optimistc, I know)
Damn whoever decided not to make an international version *shakes fist*
That may actually have been a product of the manufacturing of the game outside of Japan. I forget if it was the first PSP or PSP2, I THINK it was PSP2, where they accidentally printed every copy with the same Little Wing License code for online play and as a result had to simply do away with needing a code to get on. This ended up killing the expected extra revenue from the secondary market and even pirates who wanted to play online and Sega had some big ole fit over it. There's some belief that that's what resulted in them pulling all PSO related content out of non-Japanese storefronts.

I personally hope that this whole PSO2 coming out worldwide finally might result in the entire franchise maybe seeing some HD remasters. I'd happily buy them all again on modern platforms.

Speaking of, the Xbox One closed beta for PSO2 has signups available to anyone in the Xbox Insiders program via the app as of today.

Devanor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That may actually have been a product of the manufacturing of the game outside of Japan. I forget if it was the first PSP or PSP2, I THINK it was PSP2, where they accidentally printed every copy with the same Little Wing License code for online play and as a result had to simply do away with needing a code to get on. This ended up killing the expected extra revenue from the secondary market and even pirates who wanted to play online and Sega had some big ole fit over it. There's some belief that that's what resulted in them pulling all PSO related content out of non-Japanese storefronts.

I personally hope that this whole PSO2 coming out worldwide finally might result in the entire franchise maybe seeing some HD remasters. I'd happily buy them all again on modern platforms.

Speaking of, the Xbox One closed beta for PSO2 has signups available to anyone in the Xbox Insiders program via the app as of today.

PSO2?

Pomidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Phantasy Star Online 2. It's finally getting localized, starting with Xbox and apparently also PS4 and PC later.
PSO2 have eng patch ( tweaker ) more than 4-5 years . people who want play start very loooonnnnggg ago and also NA servers will be have old content without new classes ( also new class release tomoroww LOL)

Last edited by Pomidori,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs