Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JamRules, I was curious if there was the possibility you could release the source for the translator?

Maybe even just a toolset for the .fpb and .nbl? Essen's tools don't quite function the way I would like.

It not something I’m looking at doing at the moment. I probably wouldn’t release the existing source as it is an absolute mess. Ideally I would write up some notes once everything done and out, but it’ll take some time so may never happen.

Reactions: HoaiTrung97

Anubis1101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been following this for a couple years now, but especially because people are talking about texture packs and what not, I wanted to ask about the Adrenaline emulator for the Vita, since that's primarily where I'll be playing the game. Do you think it'll work okay, or is it probably going to be ppsspp-only?

Also, do you guys still need that save with Shizuru on it from the US psp2? I might be pretty close to getting it on an old save of mine.

Reactions: JamRules

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been following this for a couple years now, but especially because people are talking about texture packs and what not, I wanted to ask about the Adrenaline emulator for the Vita, since that's primarily where I'll be playing the game. Do you think it'll work okay, or is it probably going to be ppsspp-only?

Also, do you guys still need that save with Shizuru on it from the US psp2? I might be pretty close to getting it on an old save of mine.

I haven't tried it on Adrenaline, but I have included the PGD fix that it apparently requires as I saw some information saying that some other English transaltion patches didn't work without additional fixes e.g. 7th Dragon 2020 / Kingdom Hearts: BBS/Final Mix. So it should work but hasn't actually been checked.

We already got the save file and tested and fixed what we wanted too, but thanks for asking.

Anubis1101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it on Adrenaline, but I have included the PGD fix that it apparently requires as I saw some information saying that some other English transaltion patches didn't work without additional fixes e.g. 7th Dragon 2020 / Kingdom Hearts: BBS/Final Mix. So it should work but hasn't actually been checked.

We already got the save file and tested and fixed what we wanted too, but thanks for asking.

Thanks! I look forward to the release.

NiamhNyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see things got heated again recently. I always miss out on the arguments. I need to keep myself updated on this thread more often lol other wise i'll end up seeing the release a year after its done.

HomeShineBrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PSO2 is coming west next spring. Sega somewhat cares about us lol. I hope it's as fun as the single player experiences, I tried playing the translation back in the day but it was too hard figuring out the mechanics with everything half translated. Wouldn't be surprised if this causes more eyes to watch this project, if so anyone new here please read a bit of the thread before posting the same questions 20x over again.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSO2 is coming west next spring. Sega somewhat cares about us lol. I hope it's as fun as the single player experiences, I tried playing the translation back in the day but it was too hard figuring out the mechanics with everything half translated. Wouldn't be surprised if this causes more eyes to watch this project, if so anyone new here please read a bit of the thread before posting the same questions 20x over again.
I'm not sure if it was this translation or another, but I distinctly recall some noob asking for a translation's release date to be pushed forward to 1 week so he can play it while he had time for it.

Mage-Andrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i guess sega wants a bigger paycheck. If they run the practice of giving us the outdated version of the game (like v1.0 compared to whatever they have atm in jp) - it might not be worth it. I might give it a look once it's out, but, somehow PSU was always more attractive for me from gameplay perspective + all the anticipation has died by now for me. Not to mention - enough interesting projects have been announced recently (BG3 with 5e dnd is one example i'm looking forward).

That said - i'm still looking forward to psp2i translation. So, keep up doing a great work, at your own pace ;)

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Given the reveal and the details around it I think Microsoft had a part on it, after all there's little reason for a translation after so long. Also given Sega's prior wackiness I only will believe it when I see it. Hope there's no Health Drinks, online lag and Gameguard, but those are bolder requests.

Although you know, it's been a long time since PSO2 and PSP2i. At this point I wouldn't be too surprised with a Infinity/Nova port to Switch or something.

Team Post Jun 19 2019

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd buy a Switch if it had an exclusive new PSPo game. :)
And maybe for the new Fire Emblem game.

---
Update:
We've got tentative fixes for the major crash issues, including a recent one that was caused by the translated glossary text having too many characters which would cause missions to lock up at the end.
Rechecking every glossary entry and doing some rewriting seems to have fixed that but we still need to do more tests under various scenarios to make sure.

Jam has been working on the remaining UI hacks and has done a lot of QC work as well, and I'm mostly doing QC, typesetting, and handling issues that pop up.
As this game has a lot of text (several million characters) it takes a while to get through it, but we're getting there.

Oh, and we've got the translations for the DLC inserted in the game as well.
I worked on that a long time ago, but this is the first time that text is inserted, which is nice.

Lm8Tbd1.jpg

Kavenoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I JUST learned about this patch, and I'm so glad it's still ongoing! Downloads of the latest release are in the original post, right?

EDIT: I'm blind lol

No downloads yet. Oh well, I can wait :D

Last edited by Kavenoff,

hagtorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Hello everyone from afar! I also look forward to the release of the PSPi2 translation. Hopefully we'll see him soon. Thank you for your hard work!

Assymcgriddles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to hear there’s progress! Still looking forward to it, seeing as I got another 12 years or so to go in the army till I can retire haha. Appreciate the hard work y’all are putting in to it.

Modesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Definitely pleased to see some more progress and thanks for updating us on the project dude. It looks really cool and the text looks great on the screen. So looking forward to this project in completion, you guys been working on this for a long time. Goes to show much dedication and care you have for a game many forgotten about but the few of us really do care and want to see this released when you feel it is ready. I feel like it is in safe hands. ^_^

Zinstrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I really appreciate all the long, hard, and committed work you guys have put to get this project finished. Will be a sight to hold once it's done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1