Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With chaining instead of PA spam we have "wait until 80 chain then OHKO". Damage doesn't even matter, just chain more/less. Without chains I think things would be more balanced: normal attacks while restoring PP or on guard for retaliation, PAs for burst damage.

So, PSO2? :V

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so quiet... Kinda worries me abit, both here and Gods Eater 2 translation.

One of the team members posted an update 4 days ago. Going a month without updates would be 'quiet'. A lot of people lurk without posting, myself included to an extent.

If there's stuff to talk about it will be talked about, including progress.

Reactions: Alexdev

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One of the team members posted an update 4 days ago. Going a month without updates would be 'quiet'. A lot of people lurk without posting, myself included to an extent.

If there's stuff to talk about it will be talked about, including progress.

Ok thanks for replying. Speaking of stuff to be talked about there's something I'd like to ask you and anyone here, I know it's possible to import your PSP2 english data to PSP2I if converted but is it possible to import the save data from PSP2I demo to the full game AND have my characters from the original PSP2 imported also? You see Im planning to play the demo then after the translation is released import my demo char and also import my chars from the original PSP2 converted offcourse. I wanna know if that is even possible

Illuminado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy to hear things are coming somewhat close to a wrap. To everyone on the team making this possible, I cannot thank you enough. Keep up the great work!

zerover01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and is the demo still even available to download?

The JP website is up but I am unable to download it. I am actually wanting a copy of the demo also. If anyone could PM me a link to it would appreciate it.

Also great to hear that the patch is making progress. I created a new character in PSP2 that now has almost 400 hours on it in anticipation. I have no plans on starting PSP2I until the patch is out but I think it would be cool to start with the demo if I find out the patch's release date ahead of time. Luckily I still have the update file for the demo but just don't have the demo file anymore.

SpicySausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Alexdev

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
May the tampon be with you all! His majesty will guide you to prosperity! REJOICE!!! Live by the Tampon, dye by the tampon!!!

Sczoth

Trophies
XP
Country
May i ask a question here? It's about Phantasmal Requiem the pedia says you can play the mission without paying the ticket (other player), but how to do it? I don't understand

i am refering to this

It is possible for other players to
join during the intermissions
and play the remainder of the
mission without paying tickets.

Last edited by Sczoth,

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't post here often, so I don't know the exact rule on posting links, but the demo was released for free.
So I guess rehosting it isn't bad.
MEGA - Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Demo

Yo thank you! My converted saves work just fine! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't post here often, so I don't know the exact rule on posting links, but the demo was released for free.
So I guess rehosting it isn't bad.
MEGA - Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Demo

Yo thank you! My converted save work just fine!!!

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
is it possible to import the save data from PSP2I demo to the full game AND have my characters from the original PSP2 imported also?

The short answer is no but you can use my save editor to extract a character slot for importing into another save file. You can do the same with shared storage items too.

m4rc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The short answer is no but you can use my save editor to extract a character slot for importing into another save file. You can do the same with shared storage items too.
I'm sorry, but your tool never worked for me.
Each time i try to update the database it fails with the message:
"ceckvertxt failed to load cur info [0/20], can't find the file ...\databases\version.bin"

Even if i copy the file version.bin from the temp folder to the databases folder it fails to load "items.pspo2sedb, abilities.pspo2sedb, explevel.pspo2sedb and exptype.pspo2sedb" so i think app is bugged or there' some server error while updating.
It happens on windows XP, 7 and 10...

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I'm sorry, but your tool never worked for me.
Each time i try to update the database it fails with the message:
"ceckvertxt failed to load cur info [0/20], can't find the file ...\databases\version.bin"

Even if i copy the file version.bin from the temp folder to the databases folder it fails to load "items.pspo2sedb, abilities.pspo2sedb, explevel.pspo2sedb and exptype.pspo2sedb" so i think app is bugged or there' some server error while updating.
It happens on windows XP, 7 and 10...
Did you update the application first? The latest is 3.0 build 1008. Which version are you using?

If you delete the data folder, restart the app then check for database updates then it should redownload them.

The server does seem really slow but it is working still.

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Uhh... guys I imported my english save psp2 to the japanese demo just yesterday...! Not only did it import my characters it actually remembered the state of my save when i loaded FROM the demo i.e. placements of decorations number of items who is in your party ALL of my item in shared storage etc. Basically everything was pretty much intact
All you need is a plugin called "sgdeemer" or "deemerh" to convert your save file. Believe me it worked for me.
Reply if your interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    Veho @ Veho: Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.