Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JamRules, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Zinstrel

Zinstrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Korea, South
    I really appreciate all the long, hard, and committed work you guys have put to get this project finished. Will be a sight to hold once it's done.

JamRules likes this.
  2. Fenomenoide

Fenomenoide Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2019
    Argentina
    thx for the hard work im waiting this more than having a girldfriend

3. Master110

Master110 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Wow this project is still going. Great work guys.

What % are you up to currently.

JamRules likes this.
  4. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Hard to say, there’s a lot to check...

5. JohnWolf

JohnWolf Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    will say, it's way cool seeing this being updated still. I've been waiting on this forever, and i really want to play this version simply because beasts aren't as squishy, the language barrior is pretty serious though so, i am excited to see so much progress done :3.

JamRules likes this.
  6. boy156324

boy156324 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2019
    Anguilla
    Hi there , has been a long time..so..the project is still alive?

7. zerover01

zerover01 Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2015
    United States
    Literally two posts above yours is from the one of the project members and this was from three weeks ago...

8. Bossslayer123

Bossslayer123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2019
    Vietnam
    Hi JamRules, I literally just signed up to post this comment. All the hard work and determination put into this ... I'm speechless.
    While there is little that we can do to help, please know that there are many of us still supporting you and waiting for the release.
    Earlier this year the translation project of the NDS game "Ni No Kuni" has released the first patch ever after 8 or 9 years, we who all followed from the very first day were actually thrilled to be able to play the game, as well as to have witnessed the results from the solid determination of the team.
    So, take care and keep up the good work sir. Much love from Vietnam.

HomeShineBrew and JamRules like this.
  9. arnautg2002

arnautg2002 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Spain
    Hi @JamRules and @Weyu , Weyu said in its last post about dlc being translated; is it okay to ask any of you two how would that work? like, its a separate patch that applies to the dlc only? or how? never patched a dlc for any fan translations :b (its not like I played many fan translation tho... all of them for games before dlc was a thing)

JamRules likes this.
  10. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Netherlands
    The translated files will be inside the patch that's typically an .xdelta file which you use to patch a clean ISO of the game.
    If you have the DLC then it'll be translated with the patch, if you don't then the patch will just function as if it wasn't there.

Edit: Jam says that the DLC will actually have to be patched separately as that DLC file has to be modified too.

Last edited by Weyu, Aug 10, 2019
  11. arnautg2002

arnautg2002 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Spain
    JamRules likes this.
  12. Zio_Infinity

Zio_Infinity Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2014
    JamRules likes this.
  13. Manana

Manana GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2017
    United States
    Hey, is there a discord for project?

JamRules likes this.
  14. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Thanks, not 100% applicable to this project but there are some other PSP games where OCR could maybe help, if it can handle low quality images ;)

No, there isn’t one for the project.

Not related to me but there is one that exists for people looking to play multiplayer for 2 and Infinity which should come up if you google.

15. Nial

Nial Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Can't wait to play this thank you

PalpatineKai and JamRules like this.
  16. PalpatineKai

PalpatineKai Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2019
    Brazil
    Good Morning and thank you Guys for doing this. I discover Phantasy Star Portable recently and i wanna take as much as i can for this game. I apreciate a lot of the job of you Guys are doing, thank you so much!

Fencie likes this.
  17. Merik2013

Merik2013 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2014
    United States
    https://discord.gg/ZBXxuSx You mean this one.

JamRules, PalpatineKai and Manana like this.
  18. Kion

Kion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2019
    Japan
    Fuji-shi, Shizuoka
    Amazing project.

1. I read through a lot of the posts, is there anything specific that needs to get done, either on the translation or hacking side of things?

2. I noticed that the "PSP2i Suite" program has a tab for ".fpb manager". Is there a tool for extracting the fpb archive? It looks like pretty much all of content in the game is stored in that one file.

19. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Yep

1) Translations need checking and finalising. There are multiple considerations when inserting them. Some hacks to add and test too.
    2) The toolset written by myself can handle the different file formats. There are many different types used in the game.
    As asked previously, there are no plans to distribute this at any point.

arnautg2002 likes this.
  20. Kion

Kion Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2019
    Japan
    Fuji-shi, Shizuoka
    Well that's disappointing. Specifically I wanted to start looking into the model format for PSU. Is there any information or tools in part or in whole that you can give about extracting files from the .fpb archive?

Last edited by Kion, Sep 3, 2019