Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JamRules, Jul 5, 2014.

1. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Fair enough.

Except it has nothing to do with what I said. I was just pointing out facts without commenting on them.

2. Zander1995

Zander1995 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2015
    United States
    Making a poll being like "who wants the game now instead of waiting!!!" is an attempt at pressuring the group to release
    it's shitty and shows entitlement, even if it is a "what-if" poll

3. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Yeah, no not really.

4. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    All i want is a confirmation that this wasnt just dropped

DarthDub likes this.
  5. MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2011
    It wasn't dropped. Jam told me a couple of days ago that he still intends to get the patch finished. I don't have any more information than that for you, though.

GamerX51, wakabayashy, NDW and 4 others like this.
  6. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2014
    Netherlands
    I'd like to reiterate my last few posts:
    Unfortunately I don't have anything new to add to that. As MrFwibbles mentioned above, Jam still wants to do this but his situation keeps him very busy apparently, he's trying to find a fix for that.
    As for dropping this project: won't happen. I put many hundreds of hours in this so it's going to be released one way or another, you don't need to worry about that. What is true is that this most likely will take a long time before it's done though.

As mentioned before, the project is effectively on hiatus until Jam is working on it again. When there's news I'll post it here so there's no need to ask if the project is dead or if there's progress.

7. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    Thank you and again just glad it wasnt dropped

JamRules and DarthDub like this.
  8. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    Weyu and Fwibbles the true MVPs.

JamRules likes this.
  9. padoca85

padoca85 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2008
    Brazil
    How long this "game is working 99% complete, but to make it 100% complete need to fix X" going for?
    2 years?
    sigh
    its more of "i dont feel like working on this project", than "i dont have time"
    not bashing, but if Jam doenst feel like working on this anymore, just say it. Some other people might try translating instead.

luckymouse0 likes this.
  10. Joltlord

Joltlord Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    Life can take a lot out of someone and even if you don't mean to bash you really are and since the work being done is being done for free you should be thankful any work had been done at all. I know you really want to play the translated stuff even if it isn't complete, but it's all up to them. You think two years is too long for a single percent? I have seen projects go for four to six years then get dropped for less so either be supportive or don't post anything and patiently wait. To the people working on this know that there are many people that would gladly wait 15 years if you needed that long to complete your work.

Last edited by Joltlord, Apr 10, 2018
    JamRules and Zander1995 like this.
  11. ineedPSP2i

ineedPSP2i Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Lol, you think anyone would actually care for this game in 15 years? 2033? That's an outrageous, but bold, statement. With PSU Clementine development slowing down, I guess I'm back to waiting for this. Naturally, PSUC will probably sooner return to full development than that final 1% of this being completed. With PSO2 sucking as ever and these fan projects declining for the time being, the PS community seems to be entering a mini Dark Ages. I hope I'm wrong.

12. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    I dunno about that.

13. rro

rro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indonesia
    No one's preventing anyone to do translation project for this game. Any other people who wants to translate this, feel free to do so. But you have no right to force other people to do this for you, especially since you contribute absolutely nothing for the project. The team don't even get paid for this. And don't expect them to simply share all of their hardwork to another team either. They already spent so much effort on this project. And i doubt they would be willing to let other take the credits for all of their hardwork, especially since it's already near finish line.

The team already stated that they haven't given up on this, and will do all they could to complete this project. So, just be patient and wait. Ranting and complaining here won't make the project go faster. If any, it would only make it go slower, or even may pissed the team off, which could lead to a dead project. So, if you want to give support to the team, then you're welcomed to do so. But if you only want to complain, then you'd better get the hell out of here. No one wants to see you ranting or trashing here anyway.

Last edited by rro, Apr 17, 2018
    Nisem0n0 likes this.
  14. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile the Arks Layer Team started translating the Vita Version of PSO2.
    Gonna try it out later today.

I doubt any half decent human being would discredit anyone for doing 99% of the work.

luckymouse0 likes this.
  15. alexgroltner

alexgroltner Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Now I'm just spit balling here, but I've got this crazy idea that just might satisfy everyone. Why not just find someone to replace Jam? I get that he's been on this for some time, but if you are passionate about the project and what to see it through to completion no one should fault you for wanting to or seeking out a replacement team member.

16. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-help-wanted.478007/

Already considered, already dropped. Anyway this would require someone with a specific skillset, mindset and time, and none of those are easily available or none of this discussion would happen.

As always, you can either wait or not.

@XrosBlader821 how's the game? Haven't heard much praise but I never been the biggest fan of the series staples, so who knows.

---

Damn, hadn't seen pics of the project in a while and those on the other thread are lookin' mad good.

Last edited by Fefo, Apr 18, 2018
    JamRules likes this.
  17. Austin_Not_Texas

Austin_Not_Texas Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2018
    United States
    I've been dropping by this thread every couple of months for quite some time now and im glad to see those working on this huge project haven't abandoned it. especially as this game is still in my top 3 games i have ever played to this day.

im really hoping this gets the bugs ironed out within like the next 2 years or so so we can all enjoy this game in proper english. Witch thanks again to any and all still working on it i wish you the best of luck as Sega has kinda given up on realeasing their Phantasy star games in the west witch is really a crime shame.

JamRules likes this.
  18. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Oh I've been playing for years but I never gave the Vita version a fair shot. The Game is pretty good imo but I never played any other PS game except for PSO1. The Vita version unfortunately lags a lot. the framerate really inst that good in crowded lobbies and Quests.

Fefo likes this.
  19. Ikaresu

Ikaresu Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2014
    Brazil
    Chocobo Island
    what if i told you 1% is just a kick in the dark calculation but probably is a 20% or 30% in the actual work.

20. XrosBlader821

Feb 1, 2014
    Germany
    Nope they're already done translating the thing it just needs Jam do some coding to get rid of memory leaks and replacing cutscenes/textures with hard-subbed/translated versions. I think if not for the Memory leaks (which obviously make the game unplayable) they'd have released the unfinished version by now.

JamRules likes this.