1. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yep. Those who want to do it will do it, as seem by the efforts to translate this game twice. Even then, it might not be enough.

2. GorillaGD

GorillaGD Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Doesn't necessarily mean that "everyone" is going to up and abandon it. Even if it's a rare occurrence that someone with the expertise is going to come along and continue the project some day, at least we'd have the option to start where someone else has left off out there rather then having to restart it from the very beginning (I've seen people outright tell everyone that they deleted all of their resources for a project they were working on when they were close to finishing it) . Especially considering the fact that all Jam has to do is fix the game breaking bug with the patcher, the translation is more or less already finished if I've been reading things correctly so all he'd really have to do is share the translated scripts and let someone else attempt to patch it in.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  3. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    A fair proposition, but it's still up to them. Maybe they moved on and couldn't care less, maybe they're just chilling and have no idea of this discussion.

Let's wait.

Weyu likes this.
  4. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hey guys,

The delays suck yes, but I just want to say that neither of us has abandoned this and we still intend to see it through.
    Jam has told me that he's been trying to reduce his workload so he has more time for other things, such as this project.
    I don't know how things will go, but I hope we can get back on track early this year and make some good progress.

So while this is still on the back burner for now, the cooks haven't left the kitchen.

5. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Germany
    I'm literally not in a hurry
    goes back to the Phantasy Star Online 2 grind

6. call me Ken or Accel

call me Ken or Accel Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Some people do not understand at all that someone can be really busy/caught up with everything surrounding them (work, family, personal problem, etc)
    Please be patience

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. SG911

SG911 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So i just started playing PSP2I again.

Is this project still alive at all? Just curious, also sorry for bumping a super old thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, i just read Weyu's post above.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    xBladeM6x likes this.
  8. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

United States
    Best of luck

9. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Cleaning stuff on my PC I found this test of PP regen rates on PSP2 and thought why not share. Can't find my PSP2i test in the thread, but it's there, and same stuff applies. Only difference is that I did them at 60fps (~0,016s per frame), since the results were consistent.

Code:
    Infinite Storm - 70PP
    HM - 527f = 8.432s
    HF - 478f = 7.648s
    NM - 493f = 7.888s
    NF - 449f = 7.184s
    CM - 422f = 6.752s
    CF - 395f = 6.160s
    BM - 580f = 9.280s
    BF - 527f = 8.432s

Easy to see how much regen was buffed. I also remember comparing how big was the female buff, and it was something around 6-10%.

If you wonder how long it takes, say, a CF to regen all her PP: (170/70*6,16) = about 14,96s, rounding issues considered.

10. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Props to Weyu. Even though the news he brings has been disappointing dating back 1.5 years (not his fault), dude always has enough moxy to keep his followers informed. He even searched for outside help, but to no avail.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. ineedPSP2i

ineedPSP2i Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Wow, I haven't checked this forum and thread in quite some time, I spent 30 minutes or so catching up. Why does it seem like the worst types of people always pick up big projects? Unless you are deceased or in a comatose state, there is no reason why you can't take five minutes out of your day to post an update...on the project you are working on and have the hopes of a community in your hands! Utterly disrespectful, low class, and unfit to be a project lead in anything. Weyu, and any other translators or people who have provided support to the project, deserve nothing but respect for working under a complete jackass. I remember asking if there was a way to donate to this project as well...lol.

Like I said before, you guys are free to check out PSU Clementine. The water is warm and we don't bite. :P

12. zxelman

zxelman Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's one thing to be frustrated about the translation not coming out, that much is understandable. But it's uncalled for to call jam a complete jackass. No matter how you look at it, he's doing this for free, he doesn't owe you anything, especially not as a bystander. Even then when someone isn't doing their work in a group, you don't call your team mates names anyways. It accomplishes nothing. You're right in that he should still post an update himself, but don't go overboard about it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Korma and xBladeM6x like this.
  13. call me Ken or Accel

Newcomer

Malaysia
    Nice way to appreciate someone who willingly sacrifice their free time to hack a game, tweak the UIs and make sure the patch doesnt explode when you try to play it
    Look at the mirror

14. ineedPSP2i

ineedPSP2i Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Now don't misunderstand me guys. I joined this forum nearly three years ago after hearing rumors of a patch being developed, which is what prompted me to sign up. Things slow down, technical or personal problems arise, I understand all this. What isn't understandable and fair is how the project leader can't take a few minutes between a few years hiatus and share news on a huge hurdle to cross, what's happening, if development will be put on hold, if something sudden happened in real life, and so on; a total lack of transparency. When PSU was reborn via Clementine and PSP2i seemed dead in the water, I abandoned any hopes of this coming out, and I'm surprised that the rest of you haven't! Even after all this time, still not a tweet, a sentence, any indication of life whatsoever from the leader. If things have been steadily progressing this whole time, great. If things took a turn for the worst and development ended, also great. Communication and relaying info is what's important, in just about every facet of life. This goes beyond being able to play PSP2i in English, or anything gaming to begin with. This is simply about being a decent human being and realizing it's not cool to draw a crowd to your attention promising big things, but then vanishing. Also, maybe in grade school nothing happens to the guy who doesn't do their work, but in college or the workplace, they can expect a lower grade, a drop in rank/position, or perhaps even the loss of a job. ;)

I'll check this thread again in January 2019, betting that Jam will go another year without an update. Good luck to those of you still waiting, you've got a long few years to go still at this rate.

15. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Oh boy.

The project started of their own volition, and will end as such. End meaning whatever they choose to. There's zero to be lost by checking it once in a while and there's a lot to be gained, at no cost so far.

Also work lol

IilliI likes this.
  16. call me Ken or Accel

Newcomer

Malaysia
    So, you really expecting a fan translation project to be like a corporation work huh?
    Wow, that mindset. Please expect this kind of problem when you looking up to fan translation project

Dont wanna be rude enough but please get rid yourself from the internet forever if you still having that mindset

17. XrosBlader821

Germany
    He has a point tho. This has nothing to do with being like a corporation work. a good project updates regularly even if the update is "no progress has been made this moth because X thing happened in my life or Y thing takes too much time". Look at the Digimon World ReDigitize Decode translation update where the update literally was "my harddrive messed up and now progress has been lost" that's faaaaar better than waiting 6 months until you catch up on the lost progress to have something to show again. Transparency is important no matter if you're doing it for the shareholders or as a fanproject.

18. call me Ken or Accel

Newcomer

Malaysia
    You need to report that kind of events (the harddrive containing the files gone bad, computer dying, etc) because its directly affect the project
    Busy/complication with real life stuff cant be expected and way more complicated

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  19. XrosBlader821

Germany
    Still nothing stopping you from making a quick vague update saying stuff happened irl and for now the project is on ice.

Sahrotar and xBladeM6x like this.
  20. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's ok to express disappointment toward JamRules for abandoning not one but two separate translation teams (PSP2I & Sol Trigger) over the past 1.5 years, but one must also remember that he doesn't owe the community a single minute of his time.

The discarded team members may feel differently, however...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Phantasy, Portable