1. ghgh3022

ghgh3022 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    any news on v2 patch? :unsure:

2. CristobalManga

Newcomer

Venezuela
    I can't read English, can I take the text of the patch and translate it into Spanish with google translator? Or is it something more complex? Thank you very much for your work.

3. Anubis1101

Anubis1101 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's a lot more complicated than that. The text was formatted to fit the UI and text boxes, and would have to be manually re-formatted for a Spanish translation.

It's a better idea to translate a separate guide like DeviFoxx's and use that as reference.

Last edited by Anubis1101, Mar 11, 2021
  4. CristobalManga

Newcomer

Venezuela
    I see, a question: do you know if it can be played, do I understand the basics? Or in the game does it explain the way to do the quests and do I have to read the story or quest?

Anubis1101 likes this.
  5. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    Most of the game is very simple; they show the button on the screen. I played the game in Japanese for a long time so you should be ok.

The story isn't necessary to play the Open Missions; most of the quests are "kill everything", so there's nothing to read, unless there is a timer on-screen.

The "Client Requests" (from Laurette, Pit, and Illias) and Tactical Missions are the only things that have special conditions. You can translate those from online guides.

Last edited by Anubis1101, Mar 11, 2021
    CristobalManga likes this.
  6. LeDrakir

LeDrakir Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I just registered to say thank you for this. I've been on the lookout for a western release - or translation - for years. I've been playing the patch for two days straight now, and I think you did a fantastic job all around.

I do have an issue, though, with the mission Tundra Tour. I noticed another user had problems with it as well, but simply reinstalling PPSSPP for me didn't fix it. I've tried the installer as well as the portable version and the error persists, even on my 7th try around the mission.

Basically, once I choose to return to the city, the game hangs up on the "Little Wing" loading screen, and will only proceed if I Alt-Tab the emulator into some other window. When I Alt-Tab back, it shows me a visually corrupted image of the "Checking the storage media" image (please see attachment), and then it's gone: PPSSPP is still running but the game isn't. I'd link to an off-site download of my save folder but new accounts aren't able to do that, apparently.

I'm not sure what else to do. So far, it's the only mission where this happens.

Attached Files:

7. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Have you tried saving before returning to the city, quit the game and then continue from that save?

This seems like the typical "savefile needs more space" error. That is something you can sometimes fix by saving after any major event. That or the data gets corrupted by some mistake in the coding.

Is there any way for the emulator to make your savefile bigger? Maybe in the settings?

This is a pretty big game with a lot of data and the translation made it even bigger, it wouldn't surprise me if it needs a bigger save file and the emulator doesn't give it to it.

Edit: Maybe this will help?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pspo2se-save-editor-v0-1-psp.577249/

Last edited by raxadian, Mar 21, 2021
  8. LeDrakir

LeDrakir Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    @raxadian

I can't save before returning to the city; at least not after beating De Rol Le. Is it possible to save during a side mission and continue afterward?

I tried Tundra Tour before, between, and after Story Missions as well; with and without party members - to no avail.

I've also checked and it is possible to change the Memory Stick size but the default is 16GB and the savedata for the game (Play Data and Support Character Data) weighs 557Kb and 407kb, respectively, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

PPSSPP's debugging showed the following instructions to be running at the time of the error, though I do not know if these are concerning PSP2i or the emulator itself:

What I find strange about the error is that the "Checking the storage media" image over a black screen is only shown during Story Missions, not during side missions.

In any case, I can't seem to finish the quest so I'll keep playing others instead. I can check that editor you mentioned, though.

9. LeDrakir

LeDrakir Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi. Would just like to point out that thanks to raxadian's suggestion, I've managed to find a fix for the Tundra Tour issue on the English translation Discord. The user "AAAAAAAAAA" (I might be missing a couple of A's here) mentioned another user, jam, made a hotfix for this issue, which is a simple cheat code that must be applied.

If anyone is having the same issue with some side missions - ie., the game locks when selecting to return to the city after completing a mission - simply create a new cheat file with the following data:

It seems the translation patch pushes the memory over the limit in some missions, because of added text. This can happen in Tundra Tour and other missions as well, according to the folks on the Discord server. I can verify that I can now finish the mission properly without incident.

Thanks once again to @raxadian for the suggestion, and the folks on the Discord server :)

JamRules likes this.
  10. thesourcehim

thesourcehim Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Is this problem random or PPSSPP specific? I just ran Tundra Tour A on the real PSP and didn't have any problems returning to city and saving.

11. LeDrakir

LeDrakir Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's been years since I've had a PSP, so I don't know. I can't test it on real hardware. So far it seems PPSSPP specific. If someone playing this on real hardware can verify any similar issues through extensive play, it could be useful though.

12. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    Yes, JamRules is part of the translation team and has made a number of cheats and cheat fixes for it.
    That issue has been noted in the Known Issues #17 of the main post with the fix.

JamRules likes this.
  13. Weyu

OP Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    We're working on a patch to incorporate the cheat fixes and some other text fixes naturally.
    A list of the issues to be fixed will be published before the patch is made, so users have a chance to provide feedback on things they'd like to see fixed.
    If you have anything to add that's not on the currently known issues list in the first post, let us know so we can investigate it.

As always, the more complete and clear your bug report is, the easier it is for us to repro and fix it. :)

Last edited by Weyu, Mar 24, 2021
  14. thesourcehim

thesourcehim Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Challenge log shows extra non-existent stage for Little Wing Grand Prix.
    IMG_20210330_084800.jpg

JamRules likes this.
  15. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    Could you take a picture of that same screen in the JP version? Just take note of which menu option it is and then retrace your steps. We're pretty sure that's not caused by our patch, but none of us currently have a save with that content unlocked. Conversely, you could upload your save and we'll test it, but I'll leave it up to you.

JamRules likes this.
  16. JamRules

JamRules .....

United States
    Thanks for the report but it looks like the Japanese version is the same.
    As it says the clear time is recorded under challenge 2 and there are only 3 stages but as you point out there are 4 in the visiphone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone :yaypsp:

My post on the first page has been updated with a list of issues that will be addresses in subsquent patch versions.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/phantas...alization-public-release.576943/#post-9259588

If you see an issue that is not listed there and also not listed as part of the "Known Issues" section of the main post please let us know.

Info that will be helpful:
    • The platform(s) you used (firmware / emulator version?)
    • Whether the issue occurs every time
    • What you think causes the issue
    • Which fixes and workarounds you've attempted, if any
    • Whether you've tested the original Japanese version of the game for the same issue (this is very helpful)
    Again,to prevent duplicates and find existing possible solutions, please make sure you at that you check the existing lists before reporting a bug.

Thanks

Last edited by JamRules, Mar 31, 2021
    thesourcehim, Anubis1101 and Weyu like this.
  17. thesourcehim

thesourcehim Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Not sure if this is present in Japanese version, but I noticed that Shifta and Deband timers are not updated sometimes upon recast. When my buffs are close to be worn off, I cast them again, but sometimes they wear off after a few seconds anyway. Nobody disrupted my cast and I have Anti-Down equipped, so I don't see a valid reason why buffs should vanish so soon.

JamRules likes this.
  18. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Did a quick test with Shifta and it worked correctly - about ~2min duration after each cast. Check if there's other factors playing along.

JamRules likes this.
  19. thesourcehim

thesourcehim Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Like I said it happens sometimes. Most of the time those spells work properly. Btw, I just remembered that Resta sometimes is also cast into void. I.e. animation plays, PP spent, but no health recovered. I noticed that it happens when there's a lot of stuff going on on the field (many enemies attacking with some special effects).

20. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Yep, if so there should be more to it. Pay atention to any common conditions between those issues - maybe we can single out its root cause.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Localization, Phantasy, Portable