1. metastase

metastase Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Maybe this bug exists in the original but FANTA Battle Quiz is glitched in story mode. Even when the Fanta Sticker event happens at the end of the mission, you don't get any special prizes. It works correctly on multi-mode and the only difference seems to be that the clear screen in multi-mode happens right on the same map as you finish the mission (the same location where the sticker event happens) whereas in story mode you are teleported to another screen before the clear results are shown.

Possible easiest to implement solution: Just change the flavor text of the story mode version of this mission to say something like "WARNING: FANTA STICKER prizes are multi/online modes exclusive only".

It's not a critical bug or anything but I've wasted HOURS doing it in story mode. Luckily I got a hunch that it may be glitched so I went to test it in multi mode. Sure enough, that was the case and I got everything I wanted in less than 30 minutes but ideally we don't want any future players going through this again.

Well, here is the thing: I thought I would come into this game knowing exactly what I value the most and knowing what I want. So perhaps the most surprising thing about Infinity in general is that those things I thought I wouldn't enjoy/would simply ignore turned out to be quite refreshing and fun, it all reminds me of this weird ineffable quality that older SEGA games used to have that's hard to pin down but is unmistakenly SEGA.

Like suddenly getting invested in small animal hunting and Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure games or other silly side stuff like that. After rushing for my 1st Rebirth and getting the True Ending in Episode 2, I slowed down and suddenly caught myself doing all of the thing I said I wouldn't do. Like collecting Music Discs, Furniture and Visual Modules (glitch or not, I love the fact we can use more than 1 Visual Module at the same time). Doing Client Requests, Training Missions, etc.

Phantasy Star Infinity feels like an amusement park. This is probably what I love the most above all else. My main criticism of the original PSPo2 was that its progression systems were too boring and stale (specially compared to OG Dreamcast PSO which had MAGs, Stat Materials, Monogrinders, random weapon affixes, etc) and this was aggravated by the fact that missions had for the most part fixed maps/routes and enemy spawns, so it all got very repetitive too quickly. While still not as good as the older MAGs system, in 1 way or another Infinity has addressed these issues. Be it via Rebirth, Infinity Missions, Trading, or just sheer raw content and variation, there is always some tangible progress to be made even if you don't repeat the same missions.

Even the story mode 2, which is something I was dreading, was way more entertaining than what I expected. For once, it's not a boring exposition dump, it embraces silliness for the sake of entertainment. Some NPC intermission were hilarious. And man, I wasn't expecting Kraz and Chelsea's voice acting, their JP voices are so good.

As for the translation itself, aside from what has already been posted on this thread I didn't notice anything weird, no misspellings or nothing. So far everything seems to be pristine clear and as professional as it can be. Congratz.

Weyu and Anubis1101 like this.
  2. Weyu

OP Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    This probably won't be included in the patch since its main focus was to make it accessible for a western audience.
    Hacks and other things are available through cheat codes if you want to use them, but it's unlikely that they will be part of the patch.

Could you elaborate on what exactly goes wrong during the reward phase?
    I tested that mission quite extensively since many of the questions and answers were written by me, but I didn't notice if there were any issues with what you mentioned. I was mostly checking whether the quizzes worked properly and if the mission completed without issues though.

Thanks for your elaborate feedback. :)
    We were mostly looking for feedback on the work we've done on the game, but as a fan of the series I'm always interested in hearing people talk about it.
    And yeah, the game is a gem.

Silvor and Anubis1101 like this.
  3. IceBurner

IceBurner Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I take it given the patch format being based on diff, there's no chance this patch is compatible with the 1.01 version of the game? That's a guess, assuming any change in the cheksum would cause the diff to go wrong. It would be nice to not have silent Go Vahras (one of SEGA's bugs in 1.0), and the visiphone code for 5 photon boosters...

Last edited by IceBurner, Dec 15, 2020
  4. JamRules

JamRules .....

United States
    Thanks everyone for playing and giving feedback.

I created the cheat and it was made available via the Infinity discord, but I'm not sure that it should actually be integrated with the game itself. Since it changes the way the game works, that an it hasn't been extensively tested - there may be some minor side effects I believe.

Yeah, it won't work with other versions.
    But wasn't the patch you refer to were they added the "ITEM GIFT" code for the vanilla version of 2?

Last edited by JamRules, Dec 16, 2020
    Fefo likes this.
  5. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Oh I see. I've been playing with that cheat activated for a while now. Is it not recommended to have it activated all the time?

6. JamRules

JamRules .....

United States
    Well, it's probably okay to have on. It only has issues within the mission itself I think, it was reported that things such as the total deaths doesn't work consistently.

Silvor likes this.
  7. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Ahh I see. Thanks for the info.

JamRules likes this.
  8. ComicMaster148

ComicMaster148 Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector

United States
    Is there anyway to still play this game online because according to the game it cant connect to the games server

9. Anubis1101

Anubis1101 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You cannot play on the PSN mode (Internet Multi), because the PSN server was taken down years ago (and I doubt you could connect with the patched version anyway, even on a real PSP). Multi Mode works fine though. If you're playing on PPSSPP, this guide will help you out:
    https://sites.google.com/site/psp2iguide/playing-online

Last edited by Anubis1101, Dec 22, 2020
    JamRules and ComicMaster148 like this.
  10. Claviarm

Claviarm Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I frequently used to run in to problems with Shifta and Deband not applying correctly in local multiplayer (using PSP and/or Vita hardware, if that matters), especially at the very start of a mission. But that problem rarely happens any more since applying the translation patch. The difference is so stark that I can't help but wonder if there was a hidden bugfix for that issue included. (If so, thank you, that bug was the bane of my existence.)

JamRules likes this.
  11. retrohead

retrohead GBAtemp Regular

I've played this quite a bit now and all I can't fault it. I like all the new interpretations of weapon names and the humour in episode 2 is refreshing to understand at last. Nagisa came across as expected and i didn't realise wynarl was so creepy from the start. Nice work here as I guess i took some work to get this sounding right.

Looking forward to the patch so i dont have use cheat engine for freezes anymore ;)

Last edited by retrohead, Dec 26, 2020
    JamRules, Weyu and Anubis1101 like this.
  12. zeroviral

zeroviral GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Finally managed to snag w copy. Didn't get such issue plwying on my Vita. Even before I run the pwtch.

JamRules likes this.
  13. retrohead

Can anyone remind me of any chat shortcuts available for changing text colours etc?

I've changed some of mine but can't remember how the hell I done it way back when. All I can find is this guide for PSU which doesn't seem to work:

http://psupedia.info/Chat_macros.html

14. ghgh3022

ghgh3022 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    Does the game force quit (ppsspp crash) or freeze?

Last edited by ghgh3022, Jan 2, 2021
  15. Type-0-Ace

Type-0-Ace Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Just wanna thank all who contributed in this project. Just know that we won't forget all your efforts in making this a reality.

16. retrohead

It freezes on real hardware, not tried emulator. There is a cheat in the main post that fixes this.

ghgh3022 likes this.
  17. ghgh3022

ghgh3022 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    i tried the code ididnt know @JamRules made i code like this i tried the inifinty quest i had the freeze prob with it before with the new code and it worked fine iwill try it again later to make sure thanks

edit : and how the work on save editor going @retrohead ?

edit 2 :tried again and it worked it seems the problem was with the memory thanks @retrohead @JamRules @Anubis1101

Last edited by ghgh3022, Jan 2, 2021
    JamRules likes this.
  18. retrohead

Great thanks, just released a new update with initial support for the SCDATA support character file.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pspo2se-save-editor-v0-1-psp.577249/page-2#post-9316213

Glad you got it working, I'm looking forward to the patch when I don't need to activate this everytime although I'm getting used to it now.

JamRules and ghgh3022 like this.
  19. retrohead

@Weyu @JamRules or anyone else know what the infinity mission option on the support character card is?

Attached Files:

20. Zio_Infinity

Zio_Infinity Member
    Newcomer

First, i want to thank everyone involved in this project, i've been following this for years and now it's a reality. You have my eternal gratitude.

Now, i want to ask if anyone knows how to solve a problem im having with the PSP emulator while i try to save my progress. ''Storage media used to launch the game has been removed. Please, insert original storage media if you wish to save.''

This appeared all of the sudden and im playing with savestates since then. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks!

Anubis1101 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Localization, Phantasy, Portable