1. Anubis1101

Anubis1101 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've gotten all 3 endings so yes its possible. If necessary, you can use a save editor to modify your Emilia Points™ to be enough before starting mission 10-1.

JamRules likes this.
  2. metastase

metastase Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There is nothing straightforward about it man. After doing more research, only now I found out the obvious: that Synthesis Points are not shared, they can only be earned and used by the mission you've acquired them in AND that Infinity Missions don't actually disappear after "fusing" them. You would think this type of crucial info should have been at least briefly mentioned on Devifox guide, on in-game tutorials or anywhere online but nope. It took finding out some old JP wiki that no longer exists to discover this.

Yes, I would have discovered this much after trying it out (and wasting Synth Points and my time for nothing). But you know what I wouldn't ever find out? That keeping an IM LVL low is strictly better for EXP+ due to also diminishing the appearance of Table 5 enemies. Or that OTOH if you're looking for drops, high IM LVLs are desirable and at that point the effect of Drop Rate+ is so negligible it might not even be worth the hassle.

Save state does not help with any of this unless you already know what to do. You either know that having a mission code without ANY special effect but high Synthesis Points is extremely valuable to speed up Special Effects strengthening and breeding or you don't. You either know that having multiple codes with mismatching special effects is required to go beyond 3 special effects or you don't (and of course you need to have Synth Points on these variations as well). And so on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the EXP needed per Rebirth Point ratio greatly favors lower LVL Rebirths VS high LVLs? This is the top 10 list of Rebirth LVLs on the EXP per Rebirth Point ratio: 1-) LVL 50 2-) 54 3-) 57 4-) 51 5-) 70 6-) 65 7-) 69 8-) 62 9-) 68 10-) 60.

Now, I understand this does not reflect efficiency in real time investment (because stronger enemies gives more EXP and 600+ Rebirths also take more menu time than 6 Rebirths). I may be wrong here but even in this case Rebirth at extremely high LVLs don't seem optimal. There are 3 reasons for that:

1-) Magashi Plan requires messing with Episode 1 and requires stones, which detract from its efficiency. Not to mention some PSP2 vets like my real life friends wouldn't wanna touch Episode 1 ever again if possible otherwise I'm sure I can't even convince them to even wanna touch Infinity.

2-) Missions like Gurhal Heroes exist.

3-) The impact of Rebirth stats and the ability to bring a high LVL main character as a Partner weights much more heavily at lower LVLs so even though you get less EXP, you can do it much quicker. About 2 optimal Magashi runs = LVL 50 (around 10 minutes give or take), but on the flip side this ultimately costs more stones than doing high LVL Magashi runs. OTOH who knows how efficient you can be running something like Gurhal Heroes with a high LVL Partner and tagging enemies with Zalure, this requires no setup, no stones, no messing around with Episode 1, etc.

Am I missing something?

As for Type LVLs: regardless of method, it's almost impossible not to max out all Type LVLs in the time it takes to max Rebirth stats. That being said, your Type impacts your efficiency the higher LVL you are so in this sense lower LVL Rebirth runs benefit more since your Type won't affect each Rebirth cycle speed anywhere as much as high LVL runs.

3. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    Ah, see I consider the act of discovering and figuring out game mechanics to be part of enjoying it, so it's difficult to sympathize. I'm glad you got most of it figured out, though. The game's been out for a decade, so there's plenty of guides and stuff you can dig up.

Also, I seem to remember coming across an IM editor at some point. Might be worth looking into if you're having trouble getting the features you want.

Last edited by Anubis1101, Dec 1, 2020
    JamRules likes this.
  4. pokerealm

pokerealm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hey guys, since the PSP2(i) section at PSO-World seems dead and Gamefaqs is no better, I figured I'd ask here.

I have been playing Infinity Missions for hours upon hours and it seems there are barely any rare drops, even though all IMs start with a boosted drop rate and some even start out at 170% and go over 200% as you progress during the mission. I have been playing a lot of S rank mission with lv 175+ monsters but I can barely get any weapon drops, let alone the rare ones. Even while doing normal S rank free missions, I get way more rares without any drop rate boosts. In Magashi Plan, I get a crapload at 200% drop bonus. Yet in IMs, I have yet to come across any 11-12* rares or rainbow rares. I do get them in clear boxes, but the regular monsters seem to drop low star rares mostly. At first I thought I was unlucky, but I have been playing high level IMs for over 30 hours now and I'm kinda losing hope on farming them for the weapons I need. Sadly, it's the only way for me to fight lv 175+ monsters solo as a lv 105 character.

5. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    The actual drop rate for things is pretty well obscured, and varies both by monster and mission under normal circumstances. I'm not sure how its base chance is determined in IM's, but it's very possible it's lower than standard missions. I mean already you're talking in the fractions of a percent for most rares, so a 200% drop rate is.... still likely <1%. I would try to track individual drops from specific monsters, and run IM's with those monsters to see if there is a noticeable difference. Consult guides and wikis, there are a few good ones out there, and some stuff hasn't been changed much from PSP2, so the PSUPedia might be able to help as well.

Last edited by Anubis1101, Dec 2, 2020
  6. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I wonder what those drop rates affect. PS0 had them only increasing enemy drops, so area drops suffered. That and 4 x 0,01% is still nothing.

@metastase an early game rush might be worthy it for those ability points and some base goods, but I wouldn't bother seeking the end of ends with full rebirths, all lv50 types and a bunch of top end weapons. Unless you resort to cheats this is a long. long run.

7. retrohead

retrohead GBAtemp Regular

The cheat fixed my issues. Wasn't expecting you to get that fixed so quick. Nice work again!

The infinity mission editor is in my save editor but there are a lot of unknowns. Its the special hex that is the part with the special effects which i couldnt work out 100% when i wrote the app. I am revisiting all this recently after the release of this translation though.

I personally made my specials in the game then copied them to different areas and bumped the enemies up as far as i could without it crashing using my editor.

Stuff like Mother appearance rates are hidden in there somewhere too. Have fun with it.

[​IMG]

Emilia / Nagisa points cant be edited because you get points for each mission so they need to be added up for a total. It's not just a single number to edit in the save as far as I could tell.

Last edited by retrohead, Dec 3, 2020
    Fefo and Anubis1101 like this.
  8. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    I swear I edited them at some point, somehow. Now you got me scratching my head over it. Maybe I used a cheat to fix the value? I gotta see if I have any cheat files from old PPSSPP installations...

9. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    I came across a cheat that is supposed to make the orange internet only missions playable. I haven't unlocked any of those yet so I haven't been able to test if it works. But if someone wants to give it a try here it is:

_C1 Multi-Mode Only Orange Missions Playable
    _L 0x20003C00 0x341F0001
    _L 0x20003C04 0xAC9F0000
    _L 0x20003C08 0x8FBF0000
    _L 0x20003C0C 0x03E00008
    _L 0x20003C10 0x27BD0010
    _L 0x201576B0 0x0A200F00
    _L 0x201576B4 0x00000000
    _L 0x201576B8 0x00000000

Anubis1101 and Fefo like this.
  10. Kashlex012

Kashlex012 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    This is cool thank you very much

But sad for me I dont have a pc or laptop that can patch the iso. T-T

11. retrohead

retrohead GBAtemp Regular

It's me thats mistaken, you can edit them. Must have been someone else's editor as mine doesnt do that.... yet.

Anubis1101 likes this.
  12. James01

James01 Newbie
    Newcomer

the patch is so well done!!!! we are thankful for the teams hard work @JamRules @Weyu. lets celebrate christmas season with a taste of PSP2i EN

EldurRaesir likes this.
  13. EldurRaesir

EldurRaesir Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried the code out, It works perfectly! Thank you for posting it.

Silvor likes this.
  14. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Great! Thanks for reporting back, I was curious if it actually worked.
    Wish I could remember where I found it.

15. Pyre

Pyre Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Just tried playing the new patch on my laptop and boy, I'm lovin' it and it works perfectly! However, I won't be home for about a week tomorrow so I decided to try it on my android phone. It was okay at first, but once I got out on My Room, there's a massive frame drop that's happening. I still tried playing it a little bit and noticed that story related conversations, and going out on missions/combat had no lag and looks very smooth. Just wondering if there are some settings or something that can fix it. (Or maybe It's just my phone lol)

Also, made this account to THANK EVERYONE who made this english patch happen!! All of you are f***in awesome!! :grog:

Anubis1101 likes this.
  16. Anubis1101

Newcomer

United States
    The Room is relatively graphically-intensive, so that's not surprising. You can try messing with texture/filter settings, but my guess is it's the extra effects and animations of the stuff you've got in there. You can try removing decorations and see if that helps.

17. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    So I've mostly been playing this on PPSSPP, but when I play it on the Vita I notice that it just feels more responsive for some reason.
    Even with the 60fps patch on PPSSPP it just doesn't feel quite right.
    You can tell if you run in a straight line to the left or right and quickly start moving in the other direction. There's a slight pause before the char switches direction on the emulator that isn't there on the Vita.

It's not like my PC is crap either so I don't know where the problem could lie. I've tried messing with some settings like different renderers, resolution and sync real clock but nothing has seemed to make a difference. It's the same on PSP2 so it's not due to the translation patch.
    Has anybody else noticed this and managed to fix it?

Last edited by Silvor, Dec 5, 2020
  18. metastase

metastase Member
    Newcomer

United States
    At 1st I had the hardest time messing with control settings before getting it right, I almost gave up on playing this game on PPSSPP. My problem was that my analog stick was jumpy/glitchy in certain directions, like the character couldn't get full running speed even with the analog pushed all the way in. Although I no longer have the ability to simply walk with my character, the best solution I got was with this:

- Deadzone Radius: 0.0 (if your character is walking on its own when you don't hold the analog on any direction, crank this up slowly until it stops)

- Analog mapper mode: X + Y (fixes the "glitch" where it seems like your character is stuck moving only on cardinal directions and the diagonals as if your movement isn't analog)

- Analog mapper low-end (inverse deadzone): 1.00 (the higher this value the more responsive the strength of your analog even at the slightest push however at 1.00 which is the max value you simply lose the ability to walk. That is OK as far as I'm concerned since it's the best for actual gameplay)

- Analog auto-rotation speed: 25.00 (I'm not sure what exactly this does, didn't notice much of a difference but I cranked it up to max just to be safe)

It's probably both your phone and the settings. My PC is good (NVIDIA card) but I was having some weird lags too (to be fair though I'm using the HD texture pack and cranked upscale up). After messing with the settings, this is what I got:

UNDER GRAPHICS:

- Mode: Buffered Rendering. In theory you want to turn this off for faster performance (I've seen some Infinity players do this) but with my PC this makes the screen go black so I have to keep this ON.

- Software Rendering (slow): OFF

- Postprocessing Shader: OFF (didn't notice any GFX improvement from this after I have Upscale x5 ON)

- Hardware Transform: ON

- Software Skinning: ON

- Spline/Bezier Curves Quality: LOW (again, I noticed no improvement from cranking this up anyways)

My Upscale Level is cranked up to x5, Upscale type xBRZ

UNDER SYSTEM:

- Fast Memory (unstable): ON

- I/O on thread (experimental): ON

- I/O timing method: FAST. I think the default is HOST and despite what the description says, HOST causes way more lag for me. If you're planning to play online though I think setting it to HOST is necessary?

- Force real clock sync (slower, less lag): OFF. Again, despite what the description says, turning it on actually causes more lag for me.

- PSP Model: PSP-2000/3000

I didn't mess with the emulated PSP CPU clock (auto).

This eliminated all major lags I had even with upscale and better textures, all sound got normal too. Sometimes there is still a very minor hiccup when loading after entering/leaving My Room but that's more due to the fact I usually play while having 30+ tabs open on Chrome.

Anubis1101 likes this.
  19. SuperBOB150

SuperBOB150 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Does anybody know the criteria for completing "Escaped Specimens" with an S rank? It's a multi mode tactical under parum.. I'm not exactly a completionist but it bothers me that I don't understand it

20. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Thanks for the tip! I did notice it seemed like I maybe wasn't getting analogue movement for some reason. Worth a try.

21. zeroviral
    This message by zeroviral has been removed from public view by x65943, Dec 9, 2020, Reason: requesting warez.
    Dec 6, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Localization, Phantasy, Portable