1. Anubis1101

Anubis1101 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If you have VitaShell, you can set it up as an FTP server. Transfer speeds will be garbage but it's a lot easier sometimes than hassling with your OS. I ran into that a couple times.

2. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Do mind that this exact drop cheat variation boosts all enemies. You can remove this (first line), but from my experience this makes the cheat unreliable.

Here's the exact drop off code:
    Code:
    _C0 Exact Drop Off
    _L 0x202BDA78 0x88430019
    _L 0x202BDA7C 0x98430016
    I think by adding the first line with a zero in the end you can also turn off the boost effect, but I'd ratter cut the chase and restart the game after turning off those cheats to be sure.

JamRules likes this.
  3. RosaZhang

RosaZhang Newbie
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Ok tested once again and yes definitely was a problem on my end, while transfering files PC to Vita while overwriting.

All DL Missions are working and translated and also the decoration DLCs are working and the decoration magnament is also working, i guess, was just some weird instance.

So i recomend to linux users to first delete the non-translated files before transfering the translated ones, because some errors may occur in the process since linux kinda sucks at transfering files beetween drives, they can be incompleted or corrupted someway, aditionally, dont mix your old infinity save data with the patched ISO, bugs may occur that actually affect the gameplay or maybe not, i did start over (for the ten time hehe).

Forgot, More Infinity missions will be unlocked during the story line right? since i played it in japanese before i cant remember.

Last edited by RosaZhang, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Anubis1101

Anubis1101 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I believe Infinity Missions are always unlocked. Only Tactical and Open Missions unlock over the course of the story.

JamRules likes this.
  5. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Good to know Rosa, and nice on the tips for this edge case.

AFAIK story progress only change what Anubis said and stuff like item availability on shops. IMs come from drops after completing them.

JamRules likes this.
  6. ineedPSP2i

ineedPSP2i Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Never thought this would be finished. Last time I posted I was annoyed with the delays but I'm glad you guys were able to see this through even if I still prefer PSU and that's back now too lol. I have a question though. Are the included Infinity missions supposed to be in English? Because they're not for me. I've followed the instructions for installing and the other DLC is fine.

7. ghgh3022

ghgh3022 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    hey @JamRules is there is a way to create a code to transform into the black nano beast when press the Triangle and Circle when blast is full instead of the gold and silver or the other beast transformations

8. JamRules

JamRules .....

United States
    If you imported them previously they will still be in JP as the names are stored in your savedata.
    This is outside the scope of what I normally do.
    Maybe check the online to see if anyone else has already done it.

ghgh3022 likes this.
  9. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

United States
    Would it not be possible to make use of the extra memory on the slim and newer systems? it would make the game incompatible with the 1k or PRO Online using a real system but if it improves the overall quality of the patch then IDK might be worth.

10. ghgh3022

ghgh3022 Member
    Newcomer

Egypt
    the only code on the internet change the char it self u become beast all time it was @Darkstardust who made it work on infinity other than this code nothing control the transformation

11. JamRules

JamRules .....

United States
    The memory allocations are hardcoded so it depends on how the game reacts to adjusting certain allocations, I'm honestly not sure what the knock on effect could be in each case. So it's possible to use the extra memory but if it doesn't do it by default you'd have to spend ages reworking the memory management.

fate6 likes this.
  12. K9509

K9509 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes i can, I'm able to use the google play store

13. EldurRaesir

EldurRaesir Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I found a translation issue and a system issue.
    Capture.PNG In this picture, Chapter 2 Act 1 and Act 2 have the same name.
    PSP2i.PNG
    In this picture, the L and R buttons do nothing. Under the normal chat menu they change they scroll through the different input boxes. I also tried this menu on the original unpatched ISO and it has the same problem there too so I'm not sure if this is fixable or not.

JamRules and Fefo like this.
  14. Rarona

Rarona Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do the CWCheats to fix the Rage/Charm status need to stay on at all times or will they persist through a save?

I'm assuming the ones for the IM memory fix need to stay on at least while the offending missions are being run.

Also - as an aside - big thanks and props to everyone involved with making this patch a reality. The scope of what you have achieved here cannot be overstated and y'all are awesome.

Last edited by Rarona, Nov 23, 2020
    JamRules likes this.
  15. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    They're live fixes, so nothing is written on saves. Turning them off will just revert the fix on a reload, so no big deal.

@EldurRaesir nice catch on the log. The keyboard issue like you said is the same on vanilla, you need to change Keyboard Input inside Options to Normal on both for easier tiping. Crappy design, even worse since that's not the default keyboard.

JamRules likes this.
  16. Claviarm

Claviarm Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Regarding the IM-related crashes, since it's a memory issue I find myself wondering if running plugins would increase the risk. Would they eat up the same memory pool that's causing an issue with the infinity missions? Or is that not an issue?

17. EldurRaesir

EldurRaesir Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @Fefo I didn't know you could change that, thanks for telling me.

18. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    For the record, the memory CWCheat to make IM's playable is completely stable with no actual negative consequence from what we can see. Doesn't mean you don't need to take precautions, but just know it's okay to run the game with it on at all times.

retrohead and JamRules like this.
  19. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Anyone playing on PPSSPP had an annoying bug in EP2 5-2 where the SEED crystal noise never stops? I never noticed it before, maybe I was playing too low. Happens on unpatched too, so it's either an emulation bug or a game bug.

Jump to 6 minutes for a really blatant example:

If someone on PSP (maybe Vita) can relay if that still happens there it would be appreciated.

Last edited by Fefo, Nov 24, 2020
  20. Silvor

Silvor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    So I was thinking about trying out a 60fps patch for this game but I'm a little confused as to which one I should use.
    There's a guide linked in the first post of this topic, but the name of that patch it's listed as "60fps + uncapped pallete speed (v2)". Which sounds like a cheat.
    I found another over on the ppsspp forums that "Fixes the problem that foverse becomes double/tripple speed when playing with 60 frames.".
    They have different values in them so they're not identical.
    Which is the one to use if I just want the game to work as normal?

Last edited by Silvor, Nov 24, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Localization, Phantasy, Portable