Hacking Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 plus

Atrimis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as what happens to old games, my copy is scratched so much it never loads me onto the ship. So I decided to just get the homebrew channel and softmod my Wii. I followed this video series to get my system set up. The problem is that after using DMToolbox to convert my .gnc to .iso for the thumb drive, my system doesn't recognize the game. Can anyone help me?

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you using Devolution, Dios Mios or Nintendont? Also are you using an gcn from the net or one copied from your disk.

Atrimis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GCN is from the net. Checked it on Dolphin and it works perfectly. I believe I am using Dios Mios... I'm new to using a modded Wii so I'm not 100% sure.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSO Episode 1&2 has three different versions...

- Ver. 1.0
- Ver. 1.1
- Ver. 1.2 (which is the Plus version)

PSO compatibility on DIOS MIOS is very inconsistent. It becomes even more of a headache when you consider that PSO will only run on certain versions of DIOS MIOS. When you DO find a version of DIOS MIOS that works with PSO, it's only specific versions of PSO that even work. More often than not, PSO doesn't work at all. And, if I remember correctly, the Plus version of PSO never worked on DIOS MIOS. Also, if you wanna play PSO online, via private servers, then DIOS MIOS is not your answer.

Another option is to try Devolution. Devolution requires the actual disc for verification (which is inconvenient) but it gives you the ability to play the game online via private servers.

My personal preference is Nintendont. You don't need to mess with disc verification, and it has a high compatiblity with the GameCube library. The one negative is that it doesn't allow you to play online via private servers. Although, if you don't care to play online, then Nintendont is you're best option AND, I know for a fact that the Plus version of PSO works with Nintendont.

Last edited by portugeek,

Atrimis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSO Episode 1&2 has three different versions...

- Ver. 1.0
- Ver. 1.1
- Ver. 1.2 (which is the Plus version)

PSO compatibility on DIOS MIOS is very inconsistent. It becomes even more of a headache when you consider that PSO will only run on certain versions of DIOS MIOS. When you DO find a version of DIOS MIOS that works with PSO, it's only specific versions of PSO that even work. More often than not, PSO doesn't work at all. And, if I remember correctly, the Plus version of PSO never worked on DIOS MIOS. Also, if you wanna play PSO online, via private servers, then DIOS MIOS is not your answer.

Another option is to try Devolution. Devolution requires the actual disc for verification (which is inconvenient) but it gives you the ability to play the game online via private servers.

My personal preference is Nintendont. You don't need to mess with disc verification, and it has a high compatiblity with the GameCube library. The one negative is that it doesn't allow you to play online via private servers. Although, if you don't care to play online, then Nintendont is you're best option AND, I know for a fact that the Plus version of PSO works with Nintendont.
This is actually very helpful. I'll look into Nintendont soon. I got one of the other versions working atm and I'm having fun leveling a new character, on my way to getting my Sorcerer Cane.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte