Gaming Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst: Still Play?

Bowser-jr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone still play this game? I mean there is a SCHTHACK server online still and was wondering if anyone still plays this game. I just started playing this game and looking for anyone to kinda play the game with and such.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but people who play consistently are very few and far between.

@[member='prowler_'] and a few other people I know are into it on some level. My highest character is only a level 40 RAmarl..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm only level 6-7 since 4 months :(
I don't play very often because I'm busy doing other things.

I wanted to change my character's outfit's color, but I guess it can't be done without the hack editor (but I can be banned).
I'm wondering if it's better to start a new character instead while I'm still low level.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i used to play all the time but since i never use my computer anymore, i can't really play.
i'm hoping to start playing again some time soon (my highest level is around 100)
I wanted to change my character's outfit's color, but I guess it can't be done without the hack editor (but I can be banned).
I'm wondering if it's better to start a new character instead while I'm still low level.
just go into the dressing room when selecting your character.
there's also software to unlock the full dressing room or you can make your character an npc with a trainer.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might have to get back into playing. Last time I played PSO was on XBOX. Whats the difference between Blue Burst and that one?
Blue Burst includes Episode 4 which was otherwise not released (there isn't much else except possibly a class that wasn't available in Episodes I & II for GC/XBOX)
There's also no in-game voice compared to XBOX >

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I might have to get back into playing. Last time I played PSO was on XBOX. Whats the difference between Blue Burst and that one?
Xbox version is just Episode I & II, Blue Burst has episode 4, as well as changes/stuff added. SCHTHACK has changed drop rates to make it easier and less grindy.

It is the superior version, I guess but I didn't play Ep. 4 that much. Just don't get used to SCHTHACK for when PSO2 comes around :wink:

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No voice chat don't bother me. I played the XBOX version for only a short time and when I played I usually used the keyboard adaptor and chated that way. I own the original Dreamcast version 1 and played that shit non-stop for months when it first came out. I have the GC version and Ep.3 aswell but by the time I got them I was a little burnt out on PSO. Is it free to play BB on the SCHTHACK server?

Shit I forgot about PSO2 coming.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is. And their forums offer a lot of guidance on getting it working properly.
You can play it with an XBOX 360 or other windows game controller.. but you can also use shortcuts on your 1 thru 9 or 0 keys (can't remember off the top of my head) on the main keyboard (though figuring out how to bind them was a bitch.. you do it through the customization interface as though you're about to customize a palette button, but hit one of the number row buttons when selecting the spell/ability instead).

You can also just WASD move.

FWIW I played the shit out of PSOv2 on Dreamcast (still only counts as Episode 1). HUnewearl & FOmarl mains and also a RAcaseal (for Challenge & Battle Mode) and FOnewearl alt.

edit: Ep 3 is not in Blue Burst, I never touched that as I was informed it was a useless and irrelevant piece of shit (idk if that was wrong but I didn't even have a GC, so I ignored its existence)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played only PSO v1 on dreamcast.
I'm playing episode I only for the moment to get used to the game system again.

I don't have a PC controller, so I'm playing it with the Wii+GC controller+PadSend homebrew, which sends input through wifi :)
It's working great.

edit:
Oh, and for users without a Qwerty keyboard : I needed to add English language to my window and set PSO window to "EN" in the language toolbar, or else I couldn't even type the log/pass.

Reactions: 1 person

Bowser-jr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i was just wondering and all.

The dressing can be unlocked in game. Just have to make a team; no need for hacks or anything.

Voice chat you can just run skype in the back ground while playing with friends. though most will probably not want to voice chat with random players they don't even know well.

As for when PSO2 comes out (if it comes to NA), this game will be in the wind; forgotten...sorta.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1