Phantasy Star Nova Translation [We need your help!]

image.jpeg

:arrow: Patch updated! See http://arks-layer.com/nova.php for the latest version and help on installing it.

Current status of Nova translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- Files modified, patching possible! ✔
- Proof of concept created! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! ✔
- Finish with our new fontmap tool so we can do a proper textdump and find out where all these strings are hiding! ✔

To do:

- Translate stuff! \ o /

Feel free to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/PSO2

Thanks for reading, and here's to more vita games being translated! o/

Last edited by AIDA,

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont put patches in /ux0:/patch/PCSG00351/ !!! Read the manual!!!

i did, i tried just putting the patch in the game directory and it didnt work

update:
ok ive completely deleted the patch folder for this game and did nothing but add the patch file to the game directory where the NOVA_FileList_Vita.cpk and NOVA_FileList_Vita_movie.cpk is and it doesnt work

Last edited by RazorX2014,

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
its fine i just removed everything and did it again and added the patch into the update vpk on the pc first then installed both and it works now thanks.

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
For the record, all the work on this has been done with a cart. You can dump cart updates with Mai, not Vitamin 2.0.

Furthermore, if you have an unencrypted update VPK, it *should* theoretically work with the cart, from my understanding. If someone wants to test it for me, I'll update the instructions.

its fine i just removed everything and did it again and added the patch into the update vpk on the pc first then installed both and it works now thanks.

Yeah, the game gets really weird with this stuff sometimes.

Last edited by AIDA,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using VT2.0 + 1.05 Update VT2.0 + DLC, all i had to to was to give the translation cpk a proper name to work.

Installing patches usualy don't belong to /ux0:/app/<titleid> and vpk don't use /ux0:/patch/<titleid>

Swapping out .sfo doesn't work bcuz app.db doesn't get updated, install process will read .sfo and makes proper entries.

Using the wrong install process might delete game files, so check if all files are present or create a proper .vpk.

If the patch notes are not on title screen ingame, try renaming the file to NOVA_FileList_Vita_patch2.cpk.

Just played a half n hour, waiting for more translation :thumbs up:

Last edited by liomajor,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do digital game dumped updates work just fine with a cardtridge? That'd be nice.

I want to use the patch once things get more developed, but also don't want to dump the game and install it on the memory card tbh, if I could get the cardtride, update and patch wprking altogether it would be awesome.
As of 3.61, you can use the "unencrypted files in patch dir" trick even on unhacked, latest version, assuming you had them there before.
It'll only work outside HEN if it's plain file replacements (Eg CPKs) though; replacing the EBOOT will require HEN to launch it.
The patch would need to be incorporated with the update for that to work, Problem is re encrypting the update so the cart will read it.
Could have sworn there was a way of doing it, Will ask around and see what I get.

EDIT: Yea being told nop so it seems for now cart users are SOL.
The cart doesn't "read" the patch folder update. The system reads the same patch folder data the same way whether the game be cart or digital.
The whole point of Major_Tom's file replacement was that it does work with carts, which I can personally confirm.

Reactions: cearp

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
Beep boop beep bop! A new version is out: http://arks-layer.com/vita/Nova_EnglishPatch_9_22_2016_v003.zip

- 99% of character creation done
- All items (some are missing descriptions)
- About 30% of enemies are translated
- Roughly 80% of weapons are translated
- About 70% of weapon affixes (need to test this, text may be too long)
- A few objectives, some more NPCs, various strings, etc are done
- A bunch of other stuff I translated and likely forgot about. RIP.

EDIT: Whoops. Here's a mistake already! Will be fixed in the next version, gg. This is what happens when you don't have a proper text dump xD

2016-09-22-205737.jpg

Last edited by AIDA,

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
Awesome work! I've slightly edited the OP in order to put this on the front page.

aaaaaa Thank you so much! \ o /
This is fast :blink: Awesome :gba:

We aim to please! :D

Good luck. Sadly, I am useless in these sort of things lol

No worries! We can always use more testers and people to look over the story script (once it's extracted and thrown on github) to check for grammatical errors and the like. Everyone can help!

Reactions: reinzhart and Chary

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No worries! We can always use more testers and people to look over the story script (once it's extracted and thrown on github) to check for grammatical errors and the like. Everyone can help!
If its in English, I could help. Also if you want to add multi language support, I could help with a German translation.

Tails32

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If its in English, I could help. Also if you want to add multi language support, I could help with a German translation.
Hi Justinde75!

I am Tails32, a translator from the ARKS-Layer who translates PSO2 for PC (and eventually in the future Vita too) into German. The English translation of PS Nova is currently at a very early stage but I eventually look into translating it too. In that case the two of us could work together on this project. You can PM me or join our Discord if you'd like to talk with me about it.

Reactions: Justinde75

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Justinde75!

I am Tails32, a translator from the ARKS-Layer who translates PSO2 for PC (and eventually in the future Vita too) into German. The English translation of PS Nova is currently at a very early stage but I eventually look into translating it too. In that case the two of us could work together on this project. You can PM me or join our Discord if you'd like to talk with me about it.
Joined it

Reactions: cearp

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cart doesn't "read" the patch folder update. The system reads the same patch folder data the same way whether the game be cart or digital.
The whole point of Major_Tom's file replacement was that it does work with carts, which I can personally confirm.

I as well am a fan of semantics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: