Phantasy Star Nova Translation [We need your help!]

image.jpeg

:arrow: Patch updated! See http://arks-layer.com/nova.php for the latest version and help on installing it.

Current status of Nova translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- Files modified, patching possible! ✔
- Proof of concept created! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! ✔
- Finish with our new fontmap tool so we can do a proper textdump and find out where all these strings are hiding! ✔

To do:

- Translate stuff! \ o /

Feel free to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/PSO2

Thanks for reading, and here's to more vita games being translated! o/

Last edited by AIDA,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The game supports PSTV. R3 is for free aim and etc.

If there's gonna be stuff in Google Docs or something in near future, I can help a little with the translation. I've been playing the game recently and I've thinking some translations for items, quests, classes and names of NPC characters already. Good to see that AIDA and others are doing some magics for this game. I've used AIDA's PSO2/es translations a lot and I can say that they are better than most of Sega's official translations.
cool, i guess i should read the manual for the game :D i have a vita tv but i haven't played games on it, my nova cart just stays in my vita.
oh yeah, that reminds me, at the very least romanizing all the cold sleep people will be a boring chore :wacko:
i like the game but i think it is silly to have so many of them, with no real benefit to the game.
choice is good but it's too much choice.
sure some of the items have annoying names i guess to translate - but when you say you were thinking about translation for the classes, well there are only 4, hunter ranger force and buster so no work to do there...

good that there are lots of people volunteering to help :)

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as interesting as the above, but minor progress has been made.

The game appears to load data from any CPK you throw at it, regardless of name.
So I suppose rebuilding the 87k file CPK it comes with may have been unnecessary... oops.

Also confirmed that the "Create a character" edit works with the demo I have, as I previously confirmed the full game CPK does.
This means any CPK-based edits made to the full game will likely work on the demo just fine, which is cool.

Also also, finally tried a blind edit Nagato attempted earlier; it """works""".
2016-09-18-115825.jpg

Looking pretty good so far (aside from the above image; that doesn't look good)!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Question:
Have you had a look at the games scripts? if so How text heavy is it?
Also that is definitely a better proof of concept! Great job guys!
the game has quite a lot of text (no need to look in the scripts, i played it)
not a CRAZY amount of text, but yeah it definitely has a story lol

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
the game has quite a lot of text (no need to look in the scripts, i played it)
not a CRAZY amount of text, but yeah it definitely has a story lol

I played PSP2 from the PS series(and LOVED IT) and that is about it.

Would you say from a fans perspective that PSN exceeds PSP2 in terms of story?

Also could you perhaps edit the OP to include a small premise behind the games story once your well underway?(if its not too much to ask of course)

and am i the only one who loved the PSO2 anime? T T

Skardale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also could you perhaps edit the OP to include a small premise behind the games story once your well underway?(if its not too much to ask of course)

Personaly I find psu, psp, psp2 stories quiet epic. So far just by playing nova. I don't see much of a dramatic story. Just one about surviving on a planet imo. But I can't read japanese. And I'm not far into the story also so yeah.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Personaly I find psu, psp, psp2 stories quiet epic. So far just by playing nova. I don't see much of a dramatic story. Just one about surviving on a planet imo. But I can't read japanese. And I'm not far into the story also so yeah.

Thats why im grateful towards this team for even trying to get together a transalation done. As long as PSNs story is in english,you wont see me complaining!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i played pso (+bb), psp, psp2 and yeah nova.
i would say psp2 has more of a story/better story at least than ps nova.

without any spoilers, psp nova is basically about your ship crashes on a planet, normal techs don't work, you find this weird girl and she gives you 'gran' (now you can use your techs lol)
you work on building your base on the planet.
during the game you try to find what this girl is all about, you try to understand this weird planet you are on (you don't really see any people... what happened to them etc), you deal with traitors in your team etc...

you also work on getting your crew back from 'cold sleep', they are just 'frozen' etc, then you can play with those people in your party. but there are like 600 of them or something, at least 100 200 300... i think it's dumb that they added so many. you can make them do jobs in your base, like put them in the weapon show for example and get you a little discount, nothing incredible. choice is nice but, it seems like a waste of time. i'm not sure what happens if you get them all, i never did.
the more you play (or talk to and help with their quests - some chars appear in the base and you can interact) - the more you play with them in your party and complete their requests, you will build your friendship with them, which has different levels. you could build max friendship with ALL the possible characters, but since there are so many... it's pointless. just pick some that look cool, and use them - or just stick with the main 3, 4, 5, story chars the game gives you. (it recommends what characters to take on story missions)

weapons and techs and stuff like that don't drop from enemies or boxes, you need to craft everything apart from items like monomates, you can just buy those.
even the techs need to be crafted, so if you want to level up resta (healing magic) from level 1 to level 2, you need to pick up items to let you do this.

you can customize the appearance of your weapons a little, like add accessories to them.

the enemies are cool, the 'bosses' are big huge monsters that you need to take down and capture... :)

as for reviews, i think some i have seen are only like 3/5 or something - i enjoy it, but i can see how it could be better, but yes it is good fun :)

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

without any spoilers, psp nova is basically about your ship crashes on a planet, normal techs don't work, you find this weird girl and she gives you 'gran' (now you can use your techs lol)
during the game you try to find what this girl is all about, you try to understand this weird planet you are on (you don't really see any people... what happened to them etc), you deal with traitors in your team etc...

you also work on getting your crew back from 'cold sleep', they are just 'frozen' etc, then you can play with those people in your party. but there are like 600 of them or something, at least 100 200 300... i think it's dumb that they added so many. you can make them do jobs in your base, like put them in the weapon show for example and get you a little discount, nothing incredible. choice is nice but, it seems like a waste of time. i'm not sure what happens if you get them all, i never did.
the more you play (or talk to and help with their quests - some chars appear in the base and you can interact) - the more you play with them in your party and complete their requests, you will build your friendship with them, which has different levels. you could build max friendship with ALL the possible characters, but since there are so many... it's pointless. just pick some that look cool, and use them - or just stick with the main 3, 4, 5, story chars the game gives you. (it recommends what characters to take on story missions)

weapons and techs and stuff like that don't drop from enemies or boxes, you need to craft everything apart from items like monomates, you can just buy those.
even the techs need to be crafted, so if you want to level up resta (healing magic) from level 1 to level 2, you need to pick up items to let you do this.

you can customize the appearance of your weapons a little, like add accessories to them.

the enemies are cool, the 'bosses' are big huge monsters that you need to take down and capture... :)

as for reviews, i think some i have seen are only like 3/5 or something - i enjoy it, but i can see how it could be better, but yes it is good fun :)

Why did i suddenly think of FF 13s R.Es when you said the bosses were huge? anyways the game sounds epic! Definately up my alley

Im kinda amazed that thisis actually happening

Reactions: cearp

rjshooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I do also play PSOBB, PSP2, PSO2 and PS Nova, I do not play PSU because it's pay to play back then :( and PSP2 Infinity is still in translation progress, you can search it in this gbatemp forum.
Well I can't say I am just favoring one of these games, because every series has it's own uniqueness.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I do also play PSOBB, PSP2, PSO2 and PS Nova, I do not play PSU because it's pay to play back then :( and PSP2 Infinity is still in translation progress, you can search it in this gbatemp forum.
Well I can't say I am just favoring one of these games, because every series has it's own uniqueness.
sure i agree :) actually i never played infinity, i bought the umd but never opened it, i forgot lol

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
EDIT: This is an OLD version. Check the first post for the latest one!

First alpha of English patch released! Translates some of character creation (Thanks Nagato!) and many various menus. Expect some parts/most of the game to be untranslated, mostly just testing to make sure things work right. (And show that it's real) Get hype?

http://arks-layer.com/vita/Nova_EnglishPatch_9_20_2016_v001a.cpk

If you installed the Game with updates through 2 VPK files: Just drop the CPK into the /patch/PCSG00351 folder. That's it.

If you installed just the base game, no updates, through a VPK file: Create a /patch/PCSG00351 folder. Place the CPK in that folder, along with this: http://arks-layer.com/vita/param.zip so that you have a sce_sys folder, and the param.sfo is inside of it.

If you have the cartridge with the latest update: delete the latest update (Delete all the files in patch/PCSG00351/ and place the CPK in that folder, along with this: http://arks-layer.com/vita/param.zip so that you have a sce_sys folder, and the param.sfo is inside of it.

If you have the cartridge with no update: Create a /patch/PCSG00351 folder. Place the CPK in that folder, along with this: http://arks-layer.com/vita/param.zip so that you have a sce_sys folder, and the param.sfo is inside of it.

Some of the main menu is translated, a lot of work went into translating what we'd already found (various base strings, character strings, deep freeze stuff, etc). We're working on a better method so we can actually dump all the text in the game, right now it's just kind of shooting in the dark.

Also sidenote: SEGA (and I) have said they plan to support PSO2 for at least 10 years. It's been 4.

Last edited by AIDA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey