Phantasy Star Nova Translation [We need your help!]

image.jpeg

:arrow: Patch updated! See http://arks-layer.com/nova.php for the latest version and help on installing it.

Current status of Nova translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- Files modified, patching possible! ✔
- Proof of concept created! LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD! ✔
- Finish with our new fontmap tool so we can do a proper textdump and find out where all these strings are hiding! ✔

To do:

- Translate stuff! \ o /

Feel free to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/PSO2

Thanks for reading, and here's to more vita games being translated! o/

Last edited by AIDA,

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, optionally, you can make the game ID folder inside ux0:Patch/ and inside the game ID folder make a "sce_sys" folder then just copy the "changeinfo" folder from the game app/sce_sys folder to it and you will have the Update History when you press Triangle on the game bubble.
YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND THANK YOU SO MUCH THE FIRST OPTION WORKED :D YOU ARE A LEGEND :D

Thiagojmc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I upgrade to version 1.05 my game does not start any more, can I put the translation without doing the update?

I downloaded several versions and all give the same error NP =(((((((

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @AIDA ,

Thank you very much for the translation. Since I understand what it does when I equip something, I was able to go further in the game :).
However, SH missions are a little bit boring due to its x10 factor on enemies HP. So I would like to see if I can change this factor it it is accessible. To do it, it probably requires CPK content edition.

Is the tools chain to uncompress/compress PS NOVA CPK files public? If it is, where can I get it?

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: I found an answer here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/major_tom-explains-game-dumping-mods-on-3-60.436515/page-3
So, I was able to extract a CPK with this tool:
https://github.com/Aida-Enna/CriPakTools/tree/mod/CriPakTools
Now, I just need to find where are the difficulty settings in a ton of small files. :P

EDIT2: I found out that you added your own password in "ColdSleepCharacter.csv"
key343,np6001a,6001,3,19,ARKSLAYER,1,0
This password isn't in official file. :)
About difficulty settings, I think it is located "*.quest_difficulty.csv" files. I see that some files have references to "hp_rate" but I can't figure out those files layout: there are tons of "," and when I put the file into Excel, collums doesn't seem to match to the first row content...

Last edited by OperationNT,
Reactions: whateverg1012

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does everything HAVE to be installed with a VPK? I used MaiDump and the patch did not work. I can't use a VPK because it requires more than twice the space to install and Vita memory sticks are still stupid expensive for no reason. I installed the game, 1.05 update, all DLC and the patch, and everything works..just in Japanese.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those who think the game become insanely difficult when you start SuperHard and ExtraHard difficulies, I create some modifications you can get in the attached archive.

Those modifications can be applied to "NOVA_FileList_Vita_patch.cpk" through "CriPakTools". If you wish to recompile "CriPakTools.exe" (because you don't trust my version :P), you can get the source here:
https://github.com/Aida-Enna/CriPakTools/tree/mod/CriPakTools

Once you open the archive, you must modify "BatchReplacePatch.txt" and "Generate.bat" to target your own pathes (instead of "C:\Users\..."). The archive contains 3 folders which change the following things:
- "Normal": divides "SuperHard" and "ExtraHard" difficulies enemies life by about 10 (it still keeps some challenge and avoid 1 hour long boring fights)
- "Easy": allows to nearly one shot any "SuperHard" and "ExtraHard" difficulies enemy (by reducing their life and resistances by 10000)
- "HighDropRate": highly improves drop from items with a rate below 1% (like Climax Cores with a drop rate of 0.5%)

Attachments

• PSNovaCheat.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 264

NeroIgnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried going to the Arks Layer site to download the patch but I couldn't download it. The link leads me to this page with an edited version of Disturbed's mascot on it and some ominous text. Can anyone tell me what's up and how to get the patch as well? Many thanks in advance!

NeroIgnis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awwwwwww :( Just when I was about to download the patch. I already have the game installed on my Vita too. I hope it gets fixed soon.

MDashK

Trophies
Website
www.mixwaves.net
XP
Country
Last edited by MDashK,
Reactions: Abu_Senpai

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but isnt the psn spoofing for a limted time only meaning the ps02 transalation would die if the spoofing went for good. What do you think?

Pretty sure they are working on the english patch for PSO2 on PC.

This is what they wrote in the discord:

"We've been too busy with PSO2 and its related subgames that NOVA is on the backburner
We'll come back to it when the content starts to stagnate again"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho