OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From IGN:
QUOTE said:
Nintendo's DSiWare download service will be getting a major name shortly. Famitsu reveals in its latest issue that Sega will be bringing over a version of Phantasy Star for the service some time in March.

Titled Phantasy Star Zero Mini, this downloadable version of last year's Phantasy Star Zero (available only in Japan at present) consists of a score attack where players select from three characters and attempt to defeat a creature known as Raven. Just like its big cartridge brother, the game will support four player wireless play and a "visual chat" hand drawn messaging service.

Sega will be charging just 200 DSi Points for this title. This suggests a "mini" game indeed, but we'll be sure and make the download for ourselves to let you know if there's two dollars worth of game in there.

Should do well.

EDIT: Scan from Famitsu.

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
should do well indeed.... as a minigame
ohmy.gif
is the multiplayer online ?

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it's 2 dollars worth of game, then you may as well be satisfied with whatever you get.

In the good old days, you would have people who are satisfied with pong or asteroid. Does that mean their tastes in game were simple, or that they were easily-amused?

I believe this game will turn out for what it's worth.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to today the dsi seems like a gimmick, shell out more money for what? mildly better speakers, a barely noticable screen size upgrade, better mic (for what), two very crappy cameras, and an sd slot (not even sdhc compatable). Then a processor upgrade that comparably would be like buying a modem that was 57k when u have a 56k. Seems like they took some shit out the bargain bin, screwed it to a ds, upped the price, and told you "we have dsiware" and people are supposed to jump? Until there is a standout ( a real one at that) the dsi to me is like the barry bonds of ds lites, tryin to take steroids and failing. No hall a fame for you buddy.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tozarian said:
We need someone to get DSIware on the regular DS. *puts flame shields up*

No, physically impossible anyways. We need to get DSiware games dumped somehow either by on SD Card or on a new DSi specific flashcart (not the ones currently out now).

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo should have been doing this from the beginning instead of bringing out the shovelware class DSiware. I want to play this and Nintendo needs to put out more quality DSiware.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't read much about the DSi tbh as I personally think its a waste of money however seeing this game makes me wonder whether its possible to convert some worthy DSi games over to the DS, I don't think it would be too difficult considering they are virtually the same machine after all with the DSi having some minor "improvements"
slightly more off topic on the page that mentions the new phantasy star game at the top of the page that looks suspiciously like a new Time Hollow game? can any one who can actually read the magazine confirm this? as I don't read japanese

IchigoNoTenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
Tozarian said:
We need someone to get DSIware on the regular DS. *puts flame shields up*

No, physically impossible anyways. We need to get DSiware games dumped somehow either by on SD Card or on a new DSi specific flashcart (not the ones currently out now).
Not entirely. Does anyone remember that homebrew app called GameUP? Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Nintendo could have made their own flashcart (of sorts) called DSvision. Maybe Nintendo could make an app for flashcarts that was the same as the Nintendo store. Register your Wii number (or whatever they can come up with) and you can download DSiWare (without DSi-exclusive features). It's probably not going to happen, but GameUP proved that direct downloading of apps and games on normal DS's was physically possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.