Do you support this Petetion?

• Total voters

passlogin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just break my spring mechanism, removed the spring and found if the microsd is too deep inside dstwo will make 2 black screens.

Dive in! Anyone that can speak Mandarin (Chinese) is welcome, and willing to post in their BBS in chinese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
PETITION TO SUPERCARD TEAM​
First, we would to thank you for your superior product for this time, but we, GBATemp Members wanted to address something you missed.​
1. Please remove spring mechanism from all your product​
Many People complained spring mechanism will fail after some time, but some people don't experience this​
Some people maybe forced remove the spring from card, but this will make some issues like, microsd cant pulled out, black screens, etc.​
2. Better Build Quality​
Your DSTWO build quality, i must admit, is not good as your competitor.​
Such as, not enough screwdriver to hold card sturdy, at least each side (all 4) must be secured by screwdriver​
More plastic pins to secure PCB from moving and making card doesn't contact with NDS pins.​
3. More support for SDK​
DSTWO has CPU inside, hasn't it?​
We maybe has asked this, but please add more support to the SDK.​
Well documented is a must.​
4. Better Power Management for CPU.​
This one is maybe tough, because for EOS to load, CPU must be active.​
I have a suggestion, just turn on cpu when needed (On Demand)​
And for emergency, an switch for turning cpu when it have contact with DS pins, so it can flash itself​
And Optionaly an Light indicator when emergency switch is on.​
5. Replacement for bad batch​
I suggest this for good reputation amongst customers.​
If you decided to replace the batch like we asked, give the customer replacement for exclusively:​
Broken spring, Bad firmware flash from your buggy firmware.​
Thank you for your time to read and (hopefully) fulfill our request​
Sincerly, GBATemp Members​
17:32 03/13/2012 (GMT +8)​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would they redesign a card (at cost to them) to get better lifespan when you have to buy another one when it breaks?

Broken cards = more sales = profit!! I don't think they care about your faulty spring very much!!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
1. Spring issue has only ever been an issue for very very few people. the vast majority don't mind or even LIKE the spring loaded microSD slots on many carts.
2. I have never had issue with the build quality of the SCDSTwo cart.
3. They have already released the FULL sdk, but DSTwo and DS side. You can create whatever the hell you want to on it. You have the same documentation as the devs that created the GBA and x86 emulator, if they can do that, then there is nothing stopping YOU from making something that good.
4. You can already change the speed of the CPU in software, it is up to the dev of the software to do this, not SC team.

Reactions: 1 person

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SC Sermon...

My personal experience with dozens of different cards is: that the cards... R4's, R4i, Acekards, DSTT, Edge etc... (all types) with spring load (where available), last far longer and the contact remains stable for longer periods without need for cleaning also without gaming interruption. Whereas cards/ carts with no spring need periodic cleaning to keep contact and working if not eventually die altogether at some point in time/use. (Note: I live in a very humid, near jungle like climate)

Also I have only had trouble with the spring on 1 card of all the spring loaded ones ( my second cart ever) I have purchased over the past few years. I have never needed to replace a supercard for any reason whatsoever.
SCDS1i + SC DS2i ROCK HARD. especially DS2i

Hey where else can you play NES, SNES, GBA, DS, Colors, Ireader (my game guides) Movies and music all in 1 place.

I've carefully crafted my cart for compatibiltiy over the years. and back it up monthly. I have only found 2 games that did NOT work on a (my) SC DS2i and they were both DSi mode games, no great loss there... that is out of HUNDREDS tried!!!!!

I swear by all spring loaded carts and I swear AT all NON spring loaded ones.

The one cart that required repalcement due to spring breakage was due to me removing the mem chip too often without using the spring action in other words,,, it was MY fault.

It is my personal (un proven) belief that the spring keeps tension on the contact and prevents corrosion from occuring between the chip and board, also foriegn debris like dust and other crap from pockets etc..) but..... I can not prove this theory.
I have never had troubles with ANY of the sopftware I have DL'd from them (directly). I believe in reading BEFORE asking questions.... but that's just my education... to each his/her own. (no ill tone/sentiment intended there)

I would buy supercard any day of the year over any other card. I read every day on these forums about people needing updates and can't are uncertain what software goes with what clone.cart.card etc... but I have never had any of those problems with SC. Unless they stop production I will never buy another card type again. Do with that information what you choose. I am no expert it is just my experience..

My oldest SC has had daily use for four years now without failure but I don't load and unload the mem often, I just load it (16 GB) once with my fav.s and keep a second chip for testing new games I'm unsure of buying... you see I use the second card to demo them to myself, as I buy every one that I can when I get the $$ and can afford it. I own all that I have on cart todate. I figure my collection will be worth something some day, years from now, if kept in good condition, many are even unopened.

( I would post pic but don't have the proper comp at my disposal right at the moment... Sorry for any repitition or redundancy in content...

G'Day, Cherio, Pip Pip, best of Luck and all that happy horse $hit...

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
How can you represent GBAtemp when you have just one post?
My thoughts exactly, checks post count.
Umm...can't the same be said for anyone who has less than 1000 posts?
We can stop arguing over postcount and look at the poll to see that this petition doesn't represent the community.
Wasn't arguing but just found that statement a little unnerving but yes I agree that this petition doesn't represent the community.

Reactions: 1 person

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
How can you represent GBAtemp when you have just one post?
My thoughts exactly, checks post count.
Umm...can't the same be said for anyone who has less than 1000 posts?
We can stop arguing over postcount and look at the poll to see that this petition doesn't represent the community.
Wasn't arguing but just found that statement a little unnerving but yes I agree that this petition doesn't represent the community.
Agreed, quite honestly the supercard manufacturers will not change the card, at the end of the day they are still making a profit.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Build quality, imo, is the best out of the flashcarts I have (Acekard 2i, R4i Gold 3DS and DSTWO)

What I would like to see is better SDK and updates to emulators. The GBA emulator they have, for example, is unique but outdated and many of my games do not run on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: