VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dragon Quest Monsters Terrry Wonderland 3D

For those who may not know, Square Enix already released their new Dragon Quest Monsters game on Japan for 3DS
Sadly, there are no news about the game being localized for America and Europe.
That's why I decided making a petition, it's simple and easy, every subscription will be helpful.
:arrow: Link

Thanks for your support ;)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
looks like Pokemon to me :wink:

They're indeed similar, but bot have it's uniquiness.
In this game monsters are ranked ands you can fuse them.
There are monster families like dragon, slime, demon, beast, material etc.
You have a party slot with a limited number of spaces, monsters will occupy one or more of these slots,
the more strong and complex the monster is, the more slots it occupy.
You start with a weak monster, and start capturing and fusioning monsters to progress.
The more strong your monsters are, better is the capture rate.

The game has over 600 monsters so there are plenty options and you can get the most diverse monsters.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question as I am too bone idle to look it up.

When DMQK2 was released we soon after saw DQMJ2 professional drop and fun ensued.

What are the chances of this happening here?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question as I am too bone idle to look it up.

When DMQK2 was released we soon after saw DQMJ2 professional drop and fun ensued.

What are the chances of this happening here?

We got DQMJ, DQMJ2, but we didn't get the pro version.
Historically, most Dragon Quest Monster games have been localized,
but considering the last game wasn't, and games on 3DS are more expensive,
I say there are good chances this game never gets localized,
that's why I made this petition.

I wouldn't doubt to see this game localized some years later,
it depends on how square see this game financially, and if Nintendo give a little push as well.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to think im the biggest Dragon Quest MONSTERS fan on the forums, but there's room for argument. Im learning Japanese just so i can get this game and understand it, since you know, dumping over 300 hours into the original cart isnt enough for me to finally go out and buy some other kinda game, no I just waited for a remake/release on a newer console (pokemon soul silver and heart gold got one, i could dream). Finally it happened.

...in Japanese and japanese only. So finally it broke my back and im learning now. learning to play one game really...

I signed the petition, but i honestly cant see this doing any good, sorry VMM.

looks like Pokemon to me :wink:

There are some simularities but DQ blows pokemon out of the water (type) in thousands of ways. Sit down and shuddap cause Bortz the Busdriver is going to take you to Dragon Quest Monsters University.

Both games are centered around collecting... uh monsters or pokemon. You just so happen to be the best of the best in the DQM universe though, kinda like pokemon. But instead of just following a dream to be "the best there ever was", your kingdom is counting on you to be the best. The steaks are much much higher here.

The monsters from the DQ universe are much more kick ass. You have kinda the same "you can only keep 6 monsters with you at a time" thing like pokemon but thats kinda where things break down. In the first game it was 6 was the most you could have but only 3 battled at a time, and 3 backups (that you couldnt switch to in battle). In the second Joker and 2Pro, monsters gained a "size". Taking up more than one slot in your roster, but no more than 3 slots could be used. But since this can leave you with only one monster out, when they get wiped out, you get to switch over to your reserve monsters. Terry's Wonderland has a sizes again, but it looks like you can have 4 slots at a time and 4 reserves.

Monsters are totally bad ass in this game, as opposed to 65% of pokemon. They are taken from the DQ series games, and used as the main focus of the "Monsters" games. And since game one, the biggest thing wasnt collecting monsters, even though it was vitally important to the game, it was breeding. Breeding is the core of this game, catching monsters, breeding them, and making much more powerful ones that you could imagine. I guess thats one of the reason im so appathetic against the pokemon "breeding" system. Its so much work, so much grinding for such a marginally different pokemon. The scope of power and flow of the Monster games is much better set up for this sort of thing. And its the only way to get the most powerful monsters in the game.

Breeding aside, the most enjoyable thing about the game (to me, this could be a total drag to others) is the overworld, where you will spend most of your time. Its a randomly generated field network that you traverse. Instead of pokegrinding in the same section of grass for hours, you hop into a warpgate and find your way though a bunch of areas generated at random each time you travel though that gate. Its like a bunch of mazes to figure out while grinding and scouting new monsters and collecting items to sell or use.

In short, this makes pokemon look like a joke. Both are good games, but im willing to learn a new language for this one.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this isn't like DQMJ2, ´cause, WHY YOU CAN´T PUT ONE GREEN DRAGON ON A SINGLE SLOT?!!!!!

Uh dude, theres a good chance thats EXACTLY how its going to be. If you havent noticed, they introduced that to show you just how much more powerful a 2 or 3 slot monster really is. Apparently they want the green dragon (and red for that matter) to be that much stronger than a single slot monster.
...Which kinda sucks cause i didnt really like the monster size thing at first, and im still not super comfortable with it. My strategy to raise monsters is as follows. First off you kinda just have to play and gather some steam with your initial scouted monsters. Once they are breedable, make yourself the strongest +1 you can (oh wait, pluses were from DWM... oh well it still kinda works). That monster is probably going to head up your "strongest" bloodline of breeds. This is the monster that you grind the most with. Basically your tank. High attack and high HP/defense. He/she gets bred the least but gets to the highest levels, so when you do breed your strongest monster, you make very careful decisions to ensure you get an even stronger tank next time.
Monster slot 2 is where i put my healer and general multitasker. This slot gets bred more than the tank would, but not as much as slot 3. Your multitasker is important, just like your tank, but if you have a good enough tank (which you almost always should) you will have a formidable multitasker before long, because your tank can take most of the battle load, at least for 10 levels. When you notice your Mtaskers levels start to taper off, you should start thinking about breeding again.
Slot 3 is your experimental slot. This is where some of the fun comes from. Slot 3 is where ill put a weak or newly scouted monster. Other times, depending on what i have going on at the farm, ill breed a couple of scouted monsters to make a weak first generation bloodline monster and stick it in the 3rd slot. Or if i get an egg from breeding around town with another master. I usually just mess around with these monsters, raising them to just legal breeding age then finding someone to send them off with, getting a new baby monster to test drive. The fun part is when you stumble across a monster that makes a great combination with your tank or Mtasker. When this happens you will probably need to go out with only those two monsters to raise your new Slot 1 or 2 monster to a decent level bofore focusing on a new slot 3.

But Joker2 really broke down my strategy with the monster size deal. Whats nice about that though, is that while joker has no size restrictions, one gave you 3 front and 3 reserve slots, but they didnt let you switch to your reserves if you got lambasted in battle. Joker2 automatically switched over to the reserves which makes it like almost having the ability to have 6 monsters with you and use them in battle as well. Its makes things interesting. Joker2 the least amount of monster you could have were 2 and still have all of your slots full, but TW will allow you to have 2 full (3 slot) size monsters and 2 one slot monsters. Meaning you can have 4 monsters total at very least and still have every slot filled.

I get anxious about this game every time it pops into my head and i really wanna play it. Im working on saving up money for a J 3DS, but i should just really sit down and try to play DQMJ2 Pro if i really want to get a taste of how TW is going to feel. Leaving me hopeless with me not knowing the language and all. I guess if im not comfortable with the experience DQMJ2Pro gives me, im not going to be comfortable with TW either, which makes me sad cause i really really want to play and love this game.

Reactions: weavile001

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shesh, they dont give a damn about petitions. if you want to give them reasons to release this, go out and buy dqm joker 1 and 2 as well as all other dragon quest games you can find (and no, buying them used on ebay does not count)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
shesh, they dont give a damn about petitions. if you want to give them reasons to release this, go out and buy dqm joker 1 and 2 as well as all other dragon quest games you can find (and no, buying them used on ebay does not count)

It doesn't hurt to try.
I fail to see how buying monster joker 1 or 2 at a time like this would help.
I already bought both, and most people who would buy one of those already bought them,
a single sale here and there wouldn't make a difference.

It's easier to convince someone to sign a petition since it's easy and free.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dragon Quest is a really niche series. I don't believe they will release it outside of Japan, but it is not impossible...

Anyway, just my personal opinion, there is a reason these games don't sell much, and the reason is they are not good enough, especially for their price. Sure, they may scratch some niche itch for a few people, but these games are expensive and they need volumes to break even, and i just don't see them...

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really hope this game gets localized, cause I played the old original game on my gbc like crazy and on my super famicom with that gb/c to super famicom adapter
... and sometimes I still play it, still got the original game, my old gbc and the super famicom + adapter
DQM + pokemon red (still got that,too ;P) are still some of my favourite handheld games ever ... didn't really like those dqm joker games, but this is a remake of the original with terry, so it has to be awesome (fyi I would say DQM > DQM 3 Caravan Hearts >DQM 2 Tara/Coby > DQM Joker 1 > DQM Joker 2)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dragon Quest is a really niche series. I don't believe they will release it outside of Japan, but it is not impossible...

Anyway, just my personal opinion, there is a reason these games don't sell much, and the reason is they are not good enough, especially for their price. Sure, they may scratch some niche itch for a few people, but these games are expensive and they need volumes to break even, and i just don't see them...

Not good enough? Have you played any of DQM games?
They make pokémon look like a bad joke.
I agree the game has it's own niche and are not much popular but quality certainly isn't one of it's issues.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't hurt to try.
I fail to see how buying monster joker 1 or 2 at a time like this would help.
I already bought both, and most people who would buy one of those already bought them,
a single sale here and there wouldn't make a difference.

It's easier to convince someone to sign a petition since it's easy and free.

the thing is, a single petition here and there never made a difference. this isnt a tiny restaurant taking your favorite item from the menu that you might sway with enough people showing enthusiasm for the item after all.
for a company that makes and sells games, a petition, unless signed by a few million people (because in the end, they know that most people wont even buy the game anyway, any most of the rest not at full price) has no worth. none at all, most significantly because signing a petition is easy and free. unlike actually buying a game which requires spending money.
if everyone who signed this petition or wanted terrys wonderland to be released went out to salvage the last available joker 2/ dragon quest ds games, it would maybe pique their interests when they see a sudden rise in sales.

with a series such as dragon quest (monsters), that has seen ample releases in the west, their decision not to publish certain games is most likely due to lackluster sales of a previous game. in this case, probably dqm joker 2, which pissed many off because it wasn't the pro version and got less sales as a result.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr