Gaming PES 2008 osd meanings

lou_weed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
As I've never played other PES games , i dont know the meaning of some markings on players:

- red/green square besides his name
- sometimes the player's name is yellow (opposing to white on other players)

btw, anyone got a scan of a manual somewhere ?

TC!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lou_weed said:
As I've never played other PES games , i dont know the meaning of some markings on players:

- red/green square besides his name
- sometimes the player's name is yellow (opposing to white on other players)

btw, anyone got a scan of a manual somewhere ?
Depends where you see the re/green thing, but if it is during the game I think red is for attackers and green is for midfielders.

The player's name is yellow because he has a yellow card. It's useful as it reminds you not to try a sliding tackle with that guy or he could get sent off.

I really hope someone ups a manual soon, the tutorials go so far but I'm sure I'm missing some things, mainly defending.

lou_weed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
1st, thanks a lot . you're right : blue=defender , green=midfielders , red=forwards
yeah , i hate it when they make you progress thru the "adventure" mode in order to see the advanced tutorials..

the things i've picked up so far :
- shake the wiimote (instead of the nunchuk) in order to make a chip shot - above the goalie when he pulls out.
- "grab" a player with A (keep A pressed) and press Z in order to slide tackle ( no shaking involved - some kind of precise defense movement needed..)
- when attacking :"click" on the player with the ball , he will slowly dribble and keep the ball (if he's talented enough and got only one defender on him) , than you can arrange all the moves for current attack. a great feature to use in midfield/wings .
- use the d-pad on the wiimote to change the level of pressure on the field (1 to 5 , right/left/center) - its shown on the lower corners (left/right : according to your defense position) . its actually good when you want to see your far players when taking a corner and using camera type 2.

edit: added 4th bullet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat