Pertinent Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rsyss, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009

Pertinent Questions by rsyss at 12:05 AM (1,136 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. rsyss
    OP

Newcomer rsyss Advanced Member

Brazil
    Hi people

id like to know

I have a JPN Wii, chipped with wiikey, I have the 3.4 update with trucha sign

1 - Is there already a safe way to update my wii to 4.00JP and retain the ability to install wads thru wad installer?

2 - Do i need to update my programs like homebrew channel, backup channel, gecko os, wad installer etc? are there new versions of them?

3 - I cant run Punch-Out, I get Black Screen and the disc stops, please link me for a solution

4 - Is there a program that free many wads at same time? Is there a program that i can boot wads from SD card?

5 - Even if i region free my wads i get black screen, i can only play the pré-patched wads, what am i doing wrong?

6 - Is there a way to access the new shop channel in the 3.40 update?

it will help many noobs like me, please anyone answer my questions

thank you very much in advance

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    1 - Is there already a safe way to update my wii to 4.00JP and retain the ability to install wads thru wad installer?
    Yes there is, but it would be better if you change the region to USA first and then use the tutorials for upgrading to 4.0, first you need to install a cIOS to be able to install wads and use those tools to upgrade, the rest I don't know hence I rather to stay at 3.2 [​IMG]

2 - Do i need to update my programs like homebrew channel, backup channel, gecko os, wad installer etc? are there new versions of them?
    Well HBC is 1.0.2 the latest, but there are some bugs, so you better stay at 1.0.1, Gamma Launcher 002 fix is the latest for backups, GeckOS is at 1.9 now, and Wad Manager is at 1.4 (Wad Installer is really old)

3 - I cant run Punch-Out, I get Black Screen and the disc stops, please link me for a solution
    hence you have a ModChip installed, you just need to install the IOS the game ask for, in this case, I really don't know cause I use CIOScorp and I haven't got any error in ages, but I assume it will be IOS38 - 53 or 55

4 - Is there a program that free many wads at same time? Is there a program that i can boot wads from SD card?
    There isn't a program to free many wads, and what you want to do, is kind of the BIG gift on 4.0 (loading channels from the SD

5 - Even if i region free my wads i get black screen, i can only play the pré-patched wads, what am i doing wrong?
    Nothing, it is just that those channels don't have either japanese language and/or video output NTSC

6 - Is there a way to access the new shop channel in the 3.40 update?
    There is a WiiShop Channel updater called among the people here WSCU or something like that, check at wiibrew.org..!! [​IMG]

it will help many noobs like me, please anyone answer my questions
    You're the only one who haven't find the answers to that, cause those exactly question has been answered many times lately [​IMG]

3. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    this programs like WSCU and cioscorp have specific version for japanese wiis?

can i use this program on my jpn wii safely http://hbcapps.com/updater%20noob%202.tar.gz ?

thank you

Posts merged

what is the best program for manipulating WADS?

you said wad installers is old

thank you very much

4. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wad Manager. Its newer wad installer which is also an uninstaller by waninkoko.

5. ether2802

Mexico
    CIOScorp is a pack full of the IOSes used by the game discs and converted into custom IOSes, but you better get the entire SoftMii package for better results, and that my dear friend will need you to convert your Wii to a european or american, cause japanese Wiis haven't been tested with all the apps, seriously it is just using Any Region Changer and press A to install the SysMenu of your preference, check at wiibrew.org for more info about WSCU, cause I really don't know, I recomend you to search at the best source these tools cause the link you give here, don't seem really worth of trust, as I wrote you before, and my other colleague wrote too, Wad Manager 1.4 is the latest version to install/uninstall .wad files...!! [​IMG]

6. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    thank you very much ether

i never looked after 'any region changer' because it seems to make a very deep change in the wii

i fear it can brick my wii

but if you say that its not complicated to use, and it is safe, then i prefer 10 times to transform my wii in an american one

do you have a link to a tutorial about any region chance?

thanks againd and sorry for my porr english

7. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    Setting the AREA setting ("Console Area Setting") to a different region than your System Menu WILL cause a Semi-Brick! If for some reason your System-Configured flag is unset (via some installation, or a corrupted SYSCONF) your system WILL become FULLY BRICKED. Your system will attempt to do the "First Time" configuration for an incorrect region, and will not be able to find the html content for the interface.

oh my god, can anyone wxplain this to me

i have to modify my system menu first and then the area?

8. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    tell me the safe settings of this program for me to turn my jpn wii in a genuine usa wii

9. ether2802

Mexico
    You need to change everything to USA, cause if you only change the console area, or only change the sysmenu, THEN you'll have a semi or full brick, there are some videos on youtube showing how the app works, for guide you better..!! [​IMG]

10. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    ok, ive done

now my wii is 3.2 US

many channels stopped working, including the internet channel, how do i make them working again?

and what is the procedure to make my wii 4.0 now without losing the wads installations?

11. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    whats if i simply update to official 4.0 nintendo update?

12. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    the shop channel does not work, im at 4.00U update

and when i try to access shopping channel then i get 205958 error

i cant access news channel too, i get 107305 error

the weather channel and internet channel work great

please help me

13. rsyss
    OP

Brazil
    news channel worked

but shop channel keeps not working

it says that my previous region is JAPAN, and does not change it

is there a way to reset my shop region to us?

anyregion changer doesnt do that

thanks