GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I read through the "Help me choose a CFW" thread, but it basically just spoke about the features of each CFW. To me, personal suggestions from people using the CFW's already help a lot of my decision making process. I am not new to mods and such but I have never touched my New 3DS. My needs are actually quite simple even.

Like many on here I do the streaming thing, but I don't want to fork over 300 bones to get a card put in. A few months ago I started following the NTR project that allowed for wireless streaming. This sounds like the best solution for me, but with the project on hold or even stopped completely I have been hesitant to jump the gun and mod my system. However, I don't want to wait any longer. There are a lot of games I really want to play and I typically only like doing so on stream.

So hopefully with this information you guys can point me in the right direction to choose a CFW that works for me and my one basic need. Thank you!

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the straight to the point reply. I assume that I need to do those installs in that order? I can get the guides from the pinned posts in this section.

perspex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Here use this, this is the holy bible of all 3ds hacking. It has all the information you will ever need. Read the entire thing, and don't skip any steps and everything will be fine.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

It even talks about the NTR cfw at the end of the guide, for those who want to install it.

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help. I am reading through it now and just checked my firmware version. Luckily I am still at 11.0.0-33u which appears to be compatible so I will be doing this this afternoon! Many thanks!

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help. I am reading through it now and just checked my firmware version. Luckily I am still at 11.0.0-33u which appears to be compatible so I will be doing this this afternoon! Many thanks!
Nope, you're screwed. Also, you clearly missed the part about "Why should I use (cfw)". Also, if you saw that thread, why make a new thread asking a question instead of posting in that one? :hateit:

Last edited by Swiftloke,

perspex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oh, you're on 11.0.0-33u, then you're kinda screwed. Only way to downgrade it is to use a hardmod or a super complex method with a dsi ware game and another 3ds that already has hacks installed.

Looks like you're in a pickle.

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I? The subversion seems to be within the parameters. I guess I misread this bit on the front page "This guide will work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, and 2DS in the EUR, JPN, or USA regions on firmware 11.0.0 or below." - I suppose he meant this guide will work, but you will have to do one of the two rollback methods to get on an older firmware version.

perspex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Am I? The subversion seems to be within the parameters. I guess I misread this bit on the front page "This guide will work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, and 2DS in the EUR, JPN, or USA regions on firmware 11.0.0 or below." - I suppose he meant this guide will work, but you will have to do one of the two rollback methods to get on an older firmware version.

Yup that's right, the guide will work cos he talks about those methods also. But those methods being so inconvenient and risky, its considered fw 11.0 is not hacked. Looks like you gotta wait it out or just don't give a damn about hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong