Persona: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena + P5 Teased in Famitsu

Byronic Hero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Andriasang said:
A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012.

Developed by the team behind Arc's BlazBlue fighting series, the Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two yeas after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the Persona series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.
Source

Well, when it rains it pours I guess. In a good way though.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot wait for more information on P5! Again, hoping for a difficulty option...
tongue.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I like the idea of a Persona based fighting game, and I'll definitely get it, but I'm not a fan of the Arc System fighters at all.

Hopefully this will get me to love them.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see why anyone would want a fighting game based on Persona, unless it's using the actual Personas to fight and not the characters (because then it seems like it'd just be a bunch of dark haired school boys and big boobed schoolgirls smacking each other with random weapons).

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't really see why anyone would want a fighting game based on Persona, unless it's using the actual Personas to fight and not the characters (because then it seems like it'd just be a bunch of dark haired school boys and big boobed schoolgirls smacking each other with random weapons).

I'd imagine each character would have a few basic attacks, like swinging their weapon and such, and then they'd summon their Persona to use special attacks. Someone made a P3 MC MUGEN character before, and I think that fighting style will be what they use. (A basic combo of his is sword swing, sword swing up, sword swing down, and as the opponent is bouncing, he does a spin backwards and summons Lilith, who does a lightning strike)

Unless it'd be just Personas, which I honestly think would be a little weird...

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Valwin said:
yay lest keep milking persona 4 with a fighter game now wo hooo

If you want complain about a Persona game being milked than it should be Persona 3 of which there's been three different revisions. Even than there's about enough new content to make it worthwhile.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valwin said:

Why do you insist on going to every news thread and complain about them milking a game?

Also:

>Complaining about games getting milked
>Avatar is from one of the "most milked" franchises in history.

OH THE IRONY.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Valwin said:

Why do you insist on going to every news thread and complain about them milking a game?

Also:

>Complaining about games getting milked
>Avatar is from one of the "most milked" franchises in history.

OH THE IRONY.

first i only use the avatar cuz is perverted it haves nothing to do with the games i dont even play them they get old fast jsut like persona 4

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ew if it plays like BlazBlue it'll be a complete waste of time.

I still remember downloading BlazBlue, trying it, and deleting it off my PSP 10 minutes later. What a terrible game.

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Ew if it plays like BlazBlue it'll be a complete waste of time.

I still remember downloading BlazBlue, trying it, and deleting it off my PSP 10 minutes later. What a terrible game.

Huh, I had the exact opposite happen to me. To each his/her own I guess.

I hope though that they have a few Secret characters though. Like people from Persona 1 & both 2's. Maybe the Demi-fiend? I really want to see some of those older characters pop up again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol