Persona Q2 rated by Australian Classification Board

220px-PersonaQ2newcinemalabyrinth.jpg

If there's an impending western release, you can usually count on Australia's Classification Board to leak the details prior to an official announcement. Atlus has submitted the Nintendo 3DS title Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth to be rated, which, as of today, it has received a M, a typical rating for games in the Persona series. Thus, it's safe to say that a western release reveal is imminent. Persona Q2 is a sequel to 2014's Etrian Odyssey and Persona mash-up, Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. The sequel will focus on the cast from Persona 5 interacting with characters from 3 and 4, as well as the feMC protagonist from Persona 3 Portable. Koch Media is listed as the publisher on the Australian page, likely meaning that its subsidiary Deep Silver will be in charge of publishing the game in European and Australian territories.

:arrow: Source

rusty_train

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the aussies got their own copy of the game that has to be english right? It's only a matter of time before the actual game gets leaked. I mean the fact of the matter that australia is getting their own copy has been proven by the leak, therefore an english version should be coming soon. Thus, CIA file time (whenever it gets leaked)

Aussie here, game isn't out yet, and this is just classification, when it comes out here, it will be out the same time as USA/EU so a CIA file should come very quickly, even if Aussie exclusive, im sure some aussie, maybe even me could upload it, so please, by all means, just wait a little

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, until there's a release date, I'm super-skeptical of a release....you act like Atlus is Nintendo and what I'm getting at by saying that is: Ninty can be like, "Nah, dawg, we want yo' Persona on Switch."

I've been buying SMT games for over 15 years and never once has Atlus never left a game unreleased. Even ones we thought would get overlooked and passed on.

They released it.

SMT Strange Deep Journey...check
Devil Summoner 2....check
Persona 3 FES....check

The only one that got passed on was SMT 3: Maniax Chronicle (with Radiou) which was a waaay late re-release for the PS2. Otherwise each one listed was a EOF release for each one of their respective systems.

Be as skeptical as you want, just make sure you keep your feet clean when you have to stick your foot in your mouth when they announce the release date. (which will probably be around E3, unless they want to get it out sooner)

And please don't think Atlus doesn't have (and have had) the development version of the game (if not the script in hand) and hasn't been working on localized versions since before & after the JPN release last year. Sega owns them now, they don't wait till months/years later for localizations nowadays.

Last edited by mario5555,
Reactions: ZeroHunta

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be as skeptical as you want

Now mind yous, I want the game to get a translation, but I want something solid--there are a lot of projects that don't take off as planned and they get scrapped.

I'm really surprised how much of a hot topic this has become....next time, I'll make my own thread:creep:.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the actual hell are you people arguing about? All fan translation FIRST must understand that their translation isn't absolute and developers have a right to localizing their product. After at least one official localization of the product in that language, fans translations are inferior and useless.

And it doesn't matter how old the fan translation is either. Games like Mother 3 and Tales of Innocence still deserve to be localized.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
What the actual hell are you people arguing about? All fan translation FIRST must understand that their translation isn't absolute and developers have a right to localizing their product. After at least one official localization of the product in that language, fans translations are inferior and useless.

And it doesn't matter how old the fan translation is either. Games like Mother 3 and Tales of Innocence still deserve to be localized.
Half agreeing there, although in some cases it can kinda go both ways.

Case in point, the DR1 fan translation by Project Zetsubou makes a couple of differences compared to NISAs official translation that stand out as being more accurate/true to their source material (Yamadas way of referring to people makes more sense in the fan translation, that godawful Hangmans Gambit in chapter 2, changing some character names to use ou instead of u, which is pronunciation wise correct), which makes me consider that the fan translation is to me an equally legitimate translation as the official one.

Reactions: WaterBlad64

arflech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, some of the official translations of old are quite bad, and I have become fond of re-translation projects (like Secret of Mana and Phantasy Star IV).
I've been buying SMT games for over 15 years and never once has Atlus never left a game unreleased. Even ones we thought would get overlooked and passed on.

They released it.

SMT Strange Deep Journey...check
Devil Summoner 2....check
Persona 3 FES....check

The only one that got passed on was SMT 3: Maniax Chronicle (with Radiou) which was a waaay late re-release for the PS2. Otherwise each one listed was a EOF release for each one of their respective systems.
You forgot Persona 2 EP for PSP (which does have content not in the PSX original).

WTF! they knew about the fan trans and pulled this shit....then I bet the fuckin thing goes through dev hell and gets canceled until it's announced as a game for 3DS Classic, like Star Fox 2.
The important flaw with this comparison that hasn't already been covered is that when Star Fox 2 was cancelled for SNES, that was in all regions, not just outside Japan (and anyway, that game didn't require much localization to begin with); a better comparison might be Mother, which was fully translated before its international release was cancelled (and then 25 years later it was released as "EarthBound Beginnings", with the original "Earth Bound" title screen, on Virtual Console).

Reactions: WaterBlad64

arflech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, you know I just registered right before I made that post (long-time lurker, not an alt).

Anyway, it's disappointing to learn that the English version will not be dubbed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte