Persona 5S revealed as Persona 5: Scramble for the Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 25, 2019.

1. HOv

HOv GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2018
    United States
    I never got into this type of game so I'm extremely dissapointed. Woke up early and first thing I did was look to see if the P5 port is finally confirmed for switch only to be dissapointed with this :(

DuoForce likes this.
  2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Hate to say "I told you so"... but, I told you so, Switchtards :P

Seriously though, it looks like a pretty great hybrid game - just not what anyone was expecting.

DuoForce, Joel16 and Fugelmir like this.
  3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Simple, they expect you to get a PS4 in addition to a Switch.

Yeah, that works, I already have a PS4, P5 and over 100 hours put into it... but I wanted to play it portable some other 100 hours (portable = easier to find the time to do it). Now find me a solution for that.

4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Here come the scraps.

5. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    Why would I want to buy a PS4 to play a game I never heard before?

6. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Simple: you just heard about it, that is the idea of this musou game in some other console, just an ad.

7. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    Would people really brought it? Isn't the purpose of musou game is to leach off the fame of main IP? Never heard it work the other way around.

8. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    Great. I'm sure this is a disappointment to a lot of people.
    Especially because they chose to limit themselves to just one games characters.

DarthDub likes this.
  9. rodan100919

rodan100919 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2013
    United States
    Just waiting for that secret announcement for a P5 Vita release, am I right? right? guys?

AlexMCS and CallmeBerto like this.
  10. Vorpal Blade

Vorpal Blade Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    United States
    Nearby Galaxy
    I like Dynasty Warrior-esque games as much as the next guy, but man I wanted a P5 Switch port.

Oh well, I’ll dust off my PS4 next year for Royal.

11. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    It's tantamount to giving desperate fans the scraps of something bigger.

12. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    P5 portable will probably take a couple more years like P3P. It sucks but I don't really blame Atlus. Persona is my least liked series from them but you just know people are likely to shove another $60 for a minor enchanced port and even more later for Portable. SMT V is what I care about.

13. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2006
    Germany
    Germany, NRW
    Can this "XYZ Warriors" fad stop please? Did we not have enough "Warrior" games already?

Good for fans of the series but damn I was 100% certain that this would just be "Persona 5 Switch" :(

Edit: I was super hyped for the possibility of this game comming to the switch since I have no other console where P5 is aviable on, and I don't want to buy a console *just* for that game.
    I already played all other PS4 games that interested me, but when this game came out I had already sold my PS4 :(

Last edited by Kadji, Apr 25, 2019
  14. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I expected. Not specifically a musou of course, but some random spinoff that no one asked for and also would be on switch.

15. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    Mehh, can't say I'd care either way. Not a fan of the dating sim elements of Persona, nor am I a fan of button mashers.

16. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    More disappointed about how little was shown, but yeah, still disappointed that it didn't come to the Switch. Only because this seems to mean no more portable main Persona.

That's a good point. They could have done the whole series.

17. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    If that's true, given when P5 released, you've missed out on most of the best games for the PS4 - so to say you'd be buying one *just* for that game is kind of silly... but at least you weren't one of the people that bought a Switch at launch *just* for BotW.

I was the opposite; I bought P5 for PS3 before I owned my PS4 - so, I'm quite happy about P5R :D

18. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    In your closet, watching you clop
    Lets hope this opens the path to more persona on switch.

19. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I normally wouldn't say "I wish these games didn't exist" but we do not need so many Musou games based on various IP. It must sell well and put me in the minority opinion but I find the game design so tiring so quickly. It is a bit disappointing to see this is where they wanted to go with their next spin-off as the last thing I wanted from Persona or SMT in general was real-time action.

That said, I accept there is a reality to business and product development. The Atlus dev pipeline may not have supported another project while brass wanted to see more saturation of the Persona 5 brand, leading to needing a development partner such as Team Ninja.

20. Hyborix3

Hyborix3 Gabi

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    I can kinda see Nintendo fans frustrations. They wanted to at least experience P5 even if it’s watered down, they wanted to at least know about the story and characters especially since Joker came out for Smash but instead, another game turns into a Musou. Good for people that wants another of this genre but I’m kinda sick of it at this point.

DSwizzy likes this.