Persona 5: Royal releases in 2020 for the west, gets first details

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Longshot56

Longshot56 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    United States
    Kakariko Village, Death Mountain Drive
    Makes sense.

x65943 likes this.
  2. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Now I'm just waiting P5S news tomorrow.

Shrike likes this.
  3. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Why don't atlus release this as a standalone dlc instead of a enhanced version of P5. Anyways still looking foward to this.

4. Coolsonickirby

Coolsonickirby GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    United States
    When you parents love your younger brother more than you.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  5. KyleHyde

KyleHyde GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    Because like Persona 4 Golden, there's probably more than just simple tweaks going on. Persona 5: Royal most likely rewrites the P5 canon (to include the new characters, etc.), so scenes from the story, pacing, cutscenes, and many other things are likely to be redone from scratch.

And now to wait and see whether the P5:R anime will be mostly filler (like Persona 4: Golden The Animation, since it was only about the new content, mostly the new side activities; the OP music was great though) or if they'll actually bother to redo the whole thing + the new side activities, since Kasumi seems to be a playable character, unlike Marie who was just an NPC. (Unless you count P4AU, where you could play as her via DLC and smack people with her bag/purse.)

6. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    Canada
    The ps4 version has better performance and no screen tearing, but the ps3 version isnt bad either.

7. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    It doesn't cost them any more to release it as a new version of the same game, but they can charge full price for it.

8. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    if you can't count for them to even remember her like p3p femc, then it doesn't matter how cute she is.

9. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    yeah seems like they gon be milkin 5 like they did with 4 before we get 6 XD

10. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Madness thinking of selling a ps4 still got least 20 great incoming games

11. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Wouldn't suprise me if Persona 5 S will be Persona 5: The Royal for Switch.

12. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    is this the same version as the one thats coming on Switch? its seriously getting out of hand. Nobody should buy any of this stuff.

13. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    It kind of is ridiculous how much they're supporting each individual game in the franchise. As much as I'm excited they're releasing the more "complete" version of the game, I kind of just want them to go and just focus on the next game, a spinoff (Raidou Kuzunoha, maybe a new SMT spin-off?), and be done with it. Persona 1 and both Persona 2s came out within 5 years of their original release dates, for Christ's sakes!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You're being awfully optimistic. I'm just going to assume that, like they did with us PC players with Catherine, they'll give us just the vanilla version of Persona 5 on Switch, and that the exclusive stuff is Sony-only, also the same platform that wouldn't mind censoring Mara if it could.

14. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    If anyone has played tokyo xanadu ex plus. (Enhanced edition of the vita version for ps4). Falcom added additional characters, more dungeons and a very long after story. It's kind of crazy but worked well. Atlus will most likely do the same. P5S is either a fighting game or a NSW version.

15. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Have read that p5s is gonna be a fighting game, the s being for stadium, which is going to be released on both switch and ps4.

So, either way, dont get too hyped for a main persona game on a nintendo platform, and if it magically happens, it still going to be the vanilla version :rofl2:

BORTZ and Arras like this.
  16. Ev1l0rd

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    A man can always dream.

17. CeeDee

CeeDee Ooh, Chokey Chicken!

GBAtemp Patron
    CeeDee is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 4, 2014
    United States
    Oh darn.

18. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    At last, I cant wait to exit the velvet room and meet some of you on the battlefield in Persona Royal!

19. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    If you still expect tomorrow's announcement to be a Switch port, I'm 90% sure you're setting yourself up for disappointment. S can mean many things that aren't Switch, and specifically porting the inferior version of the game is just weird - let alone announcing the inferior version AFTER the improved one.

CeeDee likes this.
  20. Ev1l0rd

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    I mean, there's the Best Buy leak.