Persona 5: Royal releases in 2020 for the west, gets first details

The Phantom Thieves are back to take your heart, in Persona 5: Royal, which is set to launch on October 31 in Japan, and 2020 in the west. A Japanese trailer show new gameplay, with a new character, bonus cutscenes, and additional elements that were not in the original game. The new character's name is Kasumi Yoshizawa, a transfer student that hates the Phantom Thieves. In the press release, it mentions that there will be an entire extra school semester added to the game, which will allow you to go to never before seen areas to raise your skills or take your confidants to. Another new character, Takuto Maruki was also revealed, who has the role of being the school counselor. As for Persona 5: S, information on that game will be available tomorrow. Persona 5: Royal will be available on the PlayStation 4, and will be enhanced for PS4 Pro users.

Just announced at the Persona Super Live P-Sound Street 2019 concert in Tokyo, Persona 5 Royal expands on the extraordinary world of Persona 5,introducing a host of new characters, gameplay features, and diving deeper into the personal lives, as well as the trials and tribulations, of the enigmatic (and exceedingly-stylish) Phantom Thieves. Players will even get to experience an all-new third semester at Shujin Academy that's never been seen before!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
At this rate Persona 5 will beat Street Fighter II when it comes to different versions abd spin offs, if it has not done so already.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So thoughts -
-glad they are releasing a full version of the game (way too often we're left wondering what would have been
-glad they released the incomplete version, 7 years was way too long to wait, and then the extra time because of the pointless PS4 port
-will buy this one, but not getting the JP version this time, I can wait until 2020 (Waited nearly a decade for the first version, whats a few more months?!)

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have read that p5s is gonna be a fighting game, the s being for stadium, which is going to be released on both switch and ps4.

So, either way, dont get too hyped for a main persona game on a nintendo platform, and if it magically happens, it still going to be the vanilla version :rofl2:

Pretty sure we got UA or A variant or something (exp. P4UA) for a fighting game. Still, it could be worse. A mobile game maybe lol.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have read that p5s is gonna be a fighting game, the s being for stadium, which is going to be released on both switch and ps4.

So, either way, dont get too hyped for a main persona game on a nintendo platform, and if it magically happens, it still going to be the vanilla version :rofl2:
^he's right, yall

Yes I'll buy it again. I am a slut for some Persona. The changes they made look great and I have been considering playing the original again and getting a platinum but... I might at this point just wait for P5R. I might not be ready to jump back into upside down Tartarus. I can wait till 2020.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So you believe that Nintendo is going to release a physical version of ALTTP for Switch 28 years after release?
Digital codes could still be a thing. They did the same for Pokemon Red & Blues 3DS rerelease. Make a new box, put an eShop code inside it. The box will be nice for collectors and parents who want to buy it for their kids.

The box is then send to stores like Best Buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1