Persona 5 Royal launches on Nintendo Switch October 21, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable to follow

As was rumoured two weeks ago, the new ports of the Persona series will be making their way to Switch as well. Persona 5 Royal will launch on October 21, 2022, and will be followed by Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden.

These ports have also previously been confirmed to be coming to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Game Pass, Steam, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

Sylx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Its fine. I should probably dust it. But it was like version 1 of it I played so might gotten patches? It was just that part that stuttered for me. Or just play it on my PS5 ;D
It has recieved at least one update as far as I know, maybe more. PS5 seems like the best option until PC release, for sure.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It has recieved at least one update as far as I know, maybe more. PS5 seems like the best option until PC release, for sure.
I will pick it up on PC. But I'll wait for a sale. I already finished it on the PS4 so.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just need to play P3. Idk if I should emulate FES on Steam Deck or just get p3p when it comes out
For story, FES is better.
For gameplay, Portable is better.

Sucks there isn't a mix of the two but who knows. Maybe there'll be a nice surprise and it'll mix FES and Portable. Can only hope though.

Anyway, for me 5>3>4. Never liked 4 that much since I'm not a fan of how cheery it seems to be. This might be a good excuse to actually play it... If I didn't have access to it on Steam already through a friend's family share...

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP

Sucks there isn't a mix of the two but who knows. Maybe there'll be a nice surprise and it'll mix FES and Portable. Can only hope though.

Anyway, for me 5>3>4. Never liked 4 that much since I'm not a fan of how cheery it seems to be. This might be a good excuse to actually play it... If I didn't have access to it on Steam already through a friend's family share...
I don't care too much about controlling the party, but an extra chapter, that's valuable.

Anyway, I don't believe they will bother mixing the versions, if they just flip the psp rom to switch it will sell, so why should they bother?

Reactions: Tomato123

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have already played original P5 is this worth the additional content?
Most of the new content is in the form of an additional semester tacked on to the end of the game. I think it's better than anything in the base game (which I wasn't huge on) but it's not worth going through a 90 hour RPG for a second time just to see it, so you'd have to be in the mood to do a second playthrough. If you are though, the stuff that's added to the preceding semesters and the QoL changes are really nice.

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Then your ps4 pro and mine must be different.. I had slowdown coming in and out of fights in momento for example

Might need to rebuild the database to defrag the drive, also leave it unplugged for five minutes or so to clear the cache, I've found doing the rebuild pretty much whenever you install something new and unplugging it once a week has helped prevent many slowdowns I've seen others mentioning over the years.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where are all the people that were saying P5R on the Switch will be on the Cloud? :ha:

On a serious note. Out of the 3 Persona games, not surprising P5R will be out first seeing as a lot of people wanted this game on the Switch more than the other ones.

Geoffboyrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice Atlus, but we still seem to be missing some persona games and smt on the current gen.
You have given us the cookie, and now we want the cake, so gimme gimme gimme.
i want a nocturne 2. Or a fun loving sick sadistic of a game friendly and cute, bright colors, tons of fun like pokemon but with the magical girl madoka twist and the game is hardcore and dark and bloody and gruesome af

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Might need to rebuild the database to defrag the drive, also leave it unplugged for five minutes or so to clear the cache, I've found doing the rebuild pretty much whenever you install something new and unplugging it once a week has helped prevent many slowdowns I've seen others mentioning over the years.
Oh! I never rebuilt it actually. Now it hacked so maybe time to do it anyway ;)

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Just play Persona 3 FES on emulator if you have a recent mid-tier computer. There's an HD texture pack for the game in the works, plus you can use a cheat code to make all the party members controllable just like P3 Portable

Reactions: Tomato123 and Sylx3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: