ROM Hack Persona 5 Royal - 1080p | 720p mod

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to play p5r on handheld at 720p with 60fps. The game seems to be gpu bound however I cant set a higher gpu clock than 460mhz despite setting higher values.

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so I'm unable to go higher than 460mhz despite be being under the 'max' clock just because it's in handheld mode (unless I edit the config)?

I'm laughing after using deck where it's constantly at 80-90c when playing anything intensive especially since nothing I've played on switch even made the fan turn on audibly.

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
revisiting this now, i'm using just the normal sys clk and according to the doc, it says mariko units are allowed to go up to 614mhz but i'm stuck on 460mhz (i have oled)

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
revisiting this now, i'm using just the normal sys clk and according to the doc, it says mariko units are allowed to go up to 614mhz but i'm stuck on 460mhz (i have oled)
You need to use the sys clk pre-release for 614mhz unplugged on v2/OLED. It's in the releases section on GitHub on the repo.

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
updated sys clk and able to oc to 614mhz, unfortunately, performance doesnt scale despite the almost 2x gpu clocks. I'm getting the same dips to the 40s fps but lots of areas are close to stable 60fps.
I didn't overclock cpu (and ram) as it doesnt seem to be hitting max utilization though i'm sure it would help
all in all, pretty happy with 720p (there doesnt seem to be any AA in the game) with the almost 60fps performance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended