Persona 5 is being removed from the PlayStation Plus Collection

50542075172_e1ff7a93cc_h.jpg

Announced alongside the latest PlayStation Plus title for May was the detail that the PlayStation Plus Collection--a lineup of 20 games that PS5 users can access so long as they have PS+--will be losing one of its games. In May, Persona 5 will be removed from the collection, with no official reason being given for its removal. However, so long as PlayStation Plus users claim the game prior to May 11th, they'll be able to keep it and still play it, so long as they have an active subscription.

The PS Plus Collection first kicked off in November 2020, to celebrate the launch of the PlayStation 5 and to celebrate its backward compatible capabilities. The other 19 titles will still continue to be available, even after the upcoming rebranding of PS Plus.

Persona 5 will leave the PS Plus Collection on May 11. Add the game to your game library before then to continue to access it while you have an active PlayStation Plus subscription.

:arrow: Source

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You know, it could be related to their anniversary. As their site says they have one more announcement. Anyone's guess but it could be related to P5. Maybe getting the P4G treatment and being ported to other platforms? I don't know.

Reactions: Xzi and ds34

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad to see but at the same time, pretty sure it’s $20 digitally right now and goes on sale pretty consistently. Even less for a used physical copy. Might as well snag this while you can and if not just wait for Royal to go on sale.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i know is off-topic(ish) but:
You know, it could be related to their anniversary. As their site says they have one more announcement
what i really need at this point (but have almost 0 hope, at least for now) is that the"one more announcement" is P5 ported to PC...

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe that maybe the contract with Sony is finally over, maybe now the game can finally come to Nintendo Switch since it is the best selling console in Japan and Atlus has been giving good support to the console, maybe even to the PC if let's dream big.

I just wouldn't expect an Xbox port as it is almost non-existent in Japan and Atlus doesn't usually bring many of its games to the platform.

Reactions: Graxer

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royal is much better IMO. it's a shame Striker's is not based off of royal's story line.

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that maybe the contract with Sony is finally over, maybe now the game can finally come to Nintendo Switch since it is the best selling console in Japan and Atlus has been giving good support to the console, maybe even to the PC if let's dream big.

I just wouldn't expect an Xbox port as it is almost non-existent in Japan and Atlus doesn't usually bring many of its games to the platform.
I agree. The end of the Sony contract is my first thought. Maybe the series will become properly multiplatform.

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a big Atlus fan I gotta say, Persona 5 is terrible. The writing is so shallow and tries to act like it has these big and deep messages. The pacing is terrible, repeating over topics that have already been discussed 8 times prior. The main cast of characters are mostly completly one dimensional. Hell, even the social links are more interesting than the main cast. But yeah that's just how I feel. If you are able to find some part of Persona 5 enjoyable, I'm glad you see something in it that I could not.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a big Atlus fan I gotta say, Persona 5 is terrible. The writing is so shallow and tries to act like it has these big and deep messages. The pacing is terrible, repeating over topics that have already been discussed 8 times prior. The main cast of characters are mostly completly one dimensional. Hell, even the social links are more interesting than the main cast. But yeah that's just how I feel. If you are able to find some part of Persona 5 enjoyable, I'm glad you see something in it that I could not.

You played the wrong version

Reactions: Stone_Wings

McPringles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You played the wrong version
As someone who played the original at launch... nah, I agree, It's just bad, and from what I've seen of Royal (as far as late September in-game), none of the major flaws have actually been addressed. They gave that one guy a proper social link, but I haven't seen any indication otherwise that things'll play out differently for him in any meaningful way, and the ridiculous editing to make the player party look dumber in favor of a dumb twist down the line is still there as well. The pacing's actually worse, with all the added minor side-content and the absurd number of days/nights you can't actually do anything for no reason in particular. Party members get even more gimmicks to negate any difficulty battles might've posed, and the grappling hook only exists to make a few exploration bits look flashier. The only 100% positive change is that the new Mementos music is less ear-grating then the original, which is still partially negated by the gimmicks with the robot kid encouraging the player to spend more time grinding there.

Persona 5 had a great soundtrack and good dungeon design, and including negotiations and extra elements again was a nice change as well. Everything else needed a lot of work, but Royal just gives it a couple minor touchups while piling on a bunch of extra baggage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1