Persona 3 PSP

Dark_linis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first news topic...I wonder if I'm doing this right....

Any who, the latest Famitsu scans show a advertisement for the upcoming atlus JP title Persona 3 portable

i3aqlg.jpg

"Announced in the latest issue of Famitsu, Atlus will be porting the PS2 version of Persona 3 to the PSP with an all new female main character. Whether this means we have the choice to pick between two main characters hasn’t been revealed, yet. It could mean the game will now be solely led by the female character, but that can't be confirmed at this time. "

Source: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-P...ona-3-PSP-bound

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed that the persona 2 games don't look like they'll be getting remade but I'm still totally cool with this.
(even if they are just cashing in on the Persona series)
EDIT: Also found this scan
hm.jpg

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would've greatly preferred it if it was P4 related, but this is acceptable...

Though, I think P3 already has enough as it as. FES, and The Answer, anyone?

EDIT:Oh. and since the new MC happens to be female, this game requires LESBIAN SOCIAL LINKS.

EDITEDIT: Atlus sure is milking the cash cow. Persona 5? Persona remake? P3 Portable? Well, I know Persona games sell well compared to other SMT games, but this is really too fucking much.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Tropicana said:
I would've greatly preferred it if it was P4 related, but this is acceptable...

Though, I think P3 already has enough as it as. FES, and The Answer, anyone?

EDIT:Oh. and since the new MC happens to be female, this game requires LESBIAN SOCIAL LINKS.

EDITEDIT: Atlus sure is milking the cash cow. Persona 5? Persona remake? P3 Portable? Well, I know Persona games sell well compared to other SMT games, but this is really too fucking much.

LOL
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

!!!!!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Some POSSIBLE info about the game, I'm not 100% sure if it's true:

"It's a port of Persona 3, with selectable protagonist. There will be certain things unique to the female route, and there will be some new additions to the male route as well. Otherwise it's the same game with various improvements. Apparently there'll be 5 difficulty levels, and like in P4, you can set your party members on manual control. The game is coming out on 1st Nov."

Dark_linis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Some POSSIBLE info about the game, I'm not 100% sure if it's true:

"It's a port of Persona 3, with selectable protagonist. There will be certain things unique to the female route, and there will be some new additions to the male route as well. Otherwise it's the same game with various improvements. Apparently there'll be 5 difficulty levels, and like in P4, you can set your party members on manual control. The game is coming out on 1st Nov."
I read that on a forum but It was sourceless so I didn't know if it was credible.

Assuming the current CFW problems are solved by then, I'm going to have a hard time waiting for the Atlus USA release and may just dick around with the japanese.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And here's what PSP is all about. Ports, ports and more ports. Meh.

Well, I could end up playing this, actually. Never played the original on PS2, but I heard really good things about it.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
And here's what PSP is all about. Ports, ports and more ports. Meh.

Well, I could end up playing this, actually. Never played the original on PS2, but I heard really good things about it.

Me too. Now I dont have to get the PS2 version. Now all we need is Persona 4 PSP and all will be right with the world!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Some other possible info, not confirmed:

2dmf668.jpg

"The port is due November 1st 2009, and will feature a number of changes, the most notable of which is that the protagonist will be a female instead of the previous male.

Additionally, an entirely new character is promised, looking to be a male version of Elizabeth; some gameplay additions in the form of new difficulty levels are also promised."

"It also looks like they're adding new music to the game, and they're definitely rearranging social stuff for the female side, and adding new events. It also says that a downloadable version will launch at the same time as the retail version, and the voice actress for the female main character is Marina Inoue. I guess that's all of the valuable info I can glean from the scans at this point."

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, it's a NEW character, which you can choose or just a port?
Well, I'm happy with it, I never had a PS2 and probably never will, but I have a PSP.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually played Persona 3 and liked it. Though I ended up trading it in and been regretting it. Now that its coming out for the PSP I don't have worry about buying the PS2 version anymore

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Even though PSP has a lot of ports, I don't care, because chances are I've never played the original anyway, so when I see popular games like these being ported, it's great.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Some other possible info, not confirmed:
*scan*

"The port is due November 1st 2009, and will feature a number of changes, the most notable of which is that the protagonist will be a female instead of the previous male.

Additionally, an entirely new character is promised, looking to be a male version of Elizabeth; some gameplay additions in the form of new difficulty levels are also promised."

"It also looks like they're adding new music to the game, and they're definitely rearranging social stuff for the female side, and adding new events. It also says that a downloadable version will launch at the same time as the retail version, and the voice actress for the female main character is Marina Inoue. I guess that's all of the valuable info I can glean from the scans at this point."

Some of that is a bit off. The female and male protagonist are both available. You get to choose your gender at the beginning of the game. The female route has new characters, there is a male version of Elizabeth, its not a new character just a replacement. Persona 3 Portable is based on The Journey (aka Episode Yourself) part of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Fes, but the male’s story won’t be exactly the same. New events will be added to his path. You're allowed to change your Party Members just like in Persona 4 and will have a digital and retail simultaneous release. (on War's date).

News Source: Siliconera

N.A. probably won't see this release until 2010 most likely since it took them 5 months to bring Persona here. Now all we need is Persona 4 and we're set!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0