Persona 3 Portable rumored to be getting a multiplatform remaster

MV5BNjBhYWM5ZmMtZTIxZC00ZGVlLWE4ZWUtY2VkZmIyZWY5YTg2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE2NDMwNTM@._V1_.jpg

Atlus started celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Persona series this September, and will continue to make announcements through Fall of 2022. While the first few announcements were relatively light - new pieces of merchandise like clothing, and a $400 vinyl box set of remastered soundtracks for every mainline entry - December 9 saw the first major announcement take place at The Game Awards, a remaster of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax coming in early 2022.

Interestingly, this news was leaked by blogger Zippo back in July, who accurately predicted the remaster. Of course, Ultimax was noticeably absent from modern platforms, not even being backwards compatible on the Xbox One as its predecessor was, so it could be considered an obvious prediction. Regardless, he predicted that only Ultimax would be coming, rather than both Arena titles, and the release would be next year.

On the night of The Game Awards, Zippo posted again, first gloating about his proven prediction, then casually mentioning "Oh, and Persona 3 Portable is getting a remaster. Multiplatform."

This release would be significant as fans have been clamoring for a Persona 3 Portable release for years, and Atlus has hardly acknowledged the game since its release in 2009. Despite missing the visual flair and explorable 3D environments outside of dungeons of the console release, Portable is often considered the best way to play Persona 3 due to the ability to control each party member, plus the addition of an alternate protagonist who alters much of the game's dialogue and story events, something no other Persona game has featured.

:arrow: Source

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surely they could implement Portable's extra features into FES and just release that as a remaster, no? This option seems kinda weird
I think that's what people (including myself) have wanted for a long time, but I kinda doubt Atlus will do it since their 25th anniversary has seemed kinda half-assed so far. I feel like creating models and animations for all of her unique scenes, plus putting her into the anime sequences, would be too much work when they can probably make a ton of money just spitting out P3P again.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm 99% sure this rumor is false, and even then...ehh. I've only managed to play Persona 3 Portable two years ago, and the experience wasn't nice at all. The gameplay is mediocre at best, and when you take away the 3D graphics, FMVs and compress the voices even more there's almost no point in the game. Atlus would be better off giving P3 FES a fresh coat of paint, since that's the version I always wanted to get my hands on

Reactions: wiired24

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think that's what people (including myself) have wanted for a long time, but I kinda doubt Atlus will do it since their 25th anniversary has seemed kinda half-assed so far. I feel like creating models and animations for all of her unique scenes, plus putting her into the anime sequences, would be too much work when they can probably make a ton of money just spitting out P3P again.
Yeah, I guess at that point it always comes down to the effort level.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hot take, but I would rather have FES ported over Portable. Just like, add the option to control your party members into FES.

Obviously if they released a definitive edition with content from both releases that would be ideal but are they really going to put in that much effort? Probably not.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hot take, but I would rather have FES ported over Portable. Just like, add the option to control your party members into FES.

Obviously if they released a definitive edition with content from both releases that would be ideal but are they really going to put in that much effort? Probably not.
i wholeheartedly agree, merge the two's main appeals (FemMC and The Answer) at best, at least let us control our party at worst. after playing p4g i struggle going back to FES without using that controllable party cheat/patch

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh the irony.

Y'all ask for ports of the Persona games, but complain about it when it's rumored to be Portable.
Persona fan moment, nothing makes the majority of them happy. we should ALL be thankful that we're getting a potential remaster of 3 at all; which i am, and i can always just bunker down with PCSX2 if i want to get FES with full party control, i was able to run that at near 60 fps widescreen on a gpd win 2.

and not to mention...you technically can play the entire series on a decent PC already, 1, 2, 3 and 5 (not royal though...for now at least.) with emulation and 4 golden natively.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Persona fan moment, nothing makes the majority of them happy. we should ALL be thankful that we're getting a potential remaster of 3 at all, which i am, and i can always just bunker down with PCSX2 if i want to get FES with full party control.
Completely fair, especially considering the reactions from people after P4AU got remade.
To be completely honest, P3P on Switch would actually be surprisingly good, if ATLUS so chooses the Switch as a port location. I wouldn't be surprised if the port was PS/PC exclusive or not even real at all.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Does anyone actually want a port of P3P specifically?
I'd think everyone would prefer a definitive edition, merging the original features of P3P into a remaster of P3FES and maybe throwing some new QoL features on top.

Persona 4 got its own in the form of Persona 4 Golden, the same goes for Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal.
Why not just do the same with P3?

I'd understand if we were talking about P1 and P2 (even then, they do have the code of the PSP versions so they could port those if they wanted to) because they're just not as popular worldwide, but to port the arguably weaker version of P3 sounds like a weird move.
Then again, ATLUS seem to often take the weirdest decisions, so I guess it's not that far-fetched to think they'd be willing to do something like this at all.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
Persona 3 portable is boring
Not really.

It would make some sense for them to port it on certain consoles though. The Switch, for example, would actually be a prime target, due to it being a handheld.

FES, however, would be better for PC in the marketing sense since we all know what the heck the audience will say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs